Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Buying opportunity on this dip?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying opportunity on this dip?

Default Buying opportunity on this dip?

Bought 40oz today,Anyone buy on the recent dip and add to there stacks?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not yet, sitting in cash waiting for market crash to buy (PMs and some stocks) on the cheap. Like I said before, the logical timeframe imo would be around March/April (short->long term cap gains conversion for many). Just a hunch tho., backed only by my gut The way the markets are acting lately, it might not wait that long...

RM

Default yea i agree

I agree, I only used a small amount of cash reserves.I feel a bigger pullback also.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I bought the dip big time.....
    in reguards to my $$$$ bought twice

I am 50% in on silver
    35% more than I was before the dip

planning on keeping half and sell the rest, to lower my cost per oz

hopefully I won't have to wait, tooooo long
    fingers crossed, J/K I don't believe that crap

but I feel good about my buy, however it could go lower and I will have to chase it, will be back in if it dips low 15 on this dip

I must admit I pulled the trigger early, but at least I did it twice. Got 100oz on this dip, but could have gotten it a tad cheaper if I had waited a little longer.

Oh well, I figure with silver is 50+ per oz those 0.50 differences are not going to bother me

Default Sometime next week should be a local minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnt1984 View Post
    Bought 40oz today,Anyone buy on the recent dip and add to there stacks?
    Yes indeed mrnt1984, I bought six rolls (21.5 troy ounce equivalent) of Mercury dimes for 12.4 x face.

I feel this next week will also be a good time to be buying.

My need is for quarters and a roll of 2010 ASEs.
    Although I want 1/8 of my silver stash in the form of quarter dollars,
    I am reluctant to buy Washingtons,
    since they look a lot like slugs.

But the premium on the Standing Libertys is so ridiculous,
    I suppose I'll have to procure some Washingtons
    and make them the first ones sold or traded later in the game.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    I am reluctant to buy Washingtons,
    since they look a lot like slugs.

But the premium on the Standing Libertys is so ridiculous,
    I suppose I'll have to procure some Washingtons
    and make them the first ones sold or traded later in the game.
    I don't really see this as a problem. It is pretty easy to tell them apart. There are so many Washington silver quarters out there they are bound to me widely used in a collapse. I, myself, have several dozen rolls.

I also have lots of silver Roosevelts. Those are the ones I would be more concerned about Because of their size they are not as easily distinguished.

"Bought 40oz today,Anyone buy on the recent dip and add to there stacks?"

Yes, I bought twenty 10-ounce bars on Thursday. The dealer had a shortage of silver but finally managed to get a shipment of Silvertowne bars from the USA. I only buy 10-ounce bars, but I know that junk silver is being vacuumed up by some other Calgary silver bug, and I see lots of people in the lineup buying rolls of silver Maple Leafs.
    Things I learned growing up on a cattle ranch: Don't try to climb over the manure pile. Go around it.
    Things I learned in the big city: Don't try to beat the banksters at their own game. Go around them and own physical bullion.

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaleFromCalgary View Post
    ...I only buy 10-ounce bars, but I know that junk silver is being vacuumed up by some other Calgary silver bug, and I see lots of people in the lineup buying rolls of silver Maple Leafs.
    If you only buy 10 oz bars I assume it is because of the lower premiums. But I have to wonder why you do not diversify more when the opportunity arises. I have bought 1 oz and 5 oz bars in the past at the same premium as 10 oz bars. I also find junk silver at low premiums some time. It seems to me that a variety of sizes would be more useful for bartering in the future if things get bad. And if things do not get bad then you can sell it all anyway.

I, myself, am diversified across junk, 1oz, 5oz and 10oz bars, 1oz rounds and buillion such as ASEs, Maples, Philharmonics. I just buy whatever has the lowest premium at the time and have ended up with approximately equal amounts of each.

Default Currently more physical silver buyers than sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakata View Post
    I don't really see this as a problem. It is pretty easy to tell them apart. There are so many Washington silver quarters out there they are bound to me widely used in a collapse. I, myself, have several dozen rolls.

I also have lots of silver Roosevelts. Those are the ones I would be more concerned about Because of their size they are not as easily distinguished.

I agree, but if you have a choice, the older junk would always be preferred by your buyers when you sell.

I decided after getting a few slug Roosevelts in my buys, to stop buying those a while back.

Fortunately there are still plenty of Franklins.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K