Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mexican Libertad Coin 1 Oz Silver, MY NEW FAVORITE! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican Libertad Coin 1 Oz Silver, MY NEW FAVORITE!

Wink I am so glad that they went with Libertads and not Libernads.

Those would be so ugly, at least to me.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Check this lady out, seen on the bay, bids at $2490 with 3 days still to go...

Only 100 minted according to the seller.

Thumbs up @ $32.22 down 8 today, but on the top! (I don't do commie Pandas.)

$ 32.22 is still a lot for a single Libertad coin.
    http://www.24hgold.com/english/buy_s...s.aspx?co_id=0

$ 31.87 for an ASE is also a lot, down a whopping $1.20 since yesterdays pop to over $33.

I was going to buy a couple of the 5oz but they were withdrawn from the website as I was placing an order

Looking forward to recieving my 2oz ones though

I thought the Mexican constitution made silver coins readily available to it's citizens at all times. I wonder how much the cost a Mexican citizen at the Bank of Mexico? I have one 1oz Libertad

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    $ 32.22 is still a lot for a single Libertad coin.
    http://www.24hgold.com/english/buy_s...s.aspx?co_id=0

$ 31.87 for an ASE is also a lot, down a whopping $1.20 since yesterdays pop to over $33.
    That's like a $9 premium for an ASE. Even as a souvenir, that is a hefty price tag.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

The coin pictured in the orig. post is an "old" style silver Libertad...1995 and earlier. Some folks call this coin an "Onza". New style Libertads (1996 to date) are thinner and larger in diameter. They are IMO even much better looking than the old style Libertads, but also carry a significantly higher premium. Old style Libs can sometimes be found among and priced the same as generic 1 oz. rounds.

One word of caution...choose old style Libertads carefully. Some are stamped .999, some are stamped .925, and I understand there are some earlier ones that are stamped .720.
    Don't pay too much for the non-.999 coins. Additionally know that the non .999 Libs are not near as desirable (liquid) as the .999 fine coins.

i wish i bought the 5 oz when they are available! The 2 ozers are nice!

Quote Originally Posted by paper_no_more View Post

Only 100 minted according to the seller.
    That's correct, the '99 5-oz is incredibly rare...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertad_(coin)

I have the '07 which is a mintage of 500 - will never sell it though
    Last edited by 5-9's; 18th October 2010 at 21:20.
    Warning -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    is hazardous to your wealth.

"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - zero. - Voltaire, 1778 philosopher

Smile eyes of the beholder

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K