Thread: Chrysler dealership closing was politics; not business?

cowboycarl04 is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

Default Chrysler dealership closing was politics; not business?

I'm a Dallas native, and the local AM radio station 1080 KRLD broke a story that is apparently gaining momentum that could be a huge scandal.

The dealerships that were forced to close had one thing in common: Republican support.

Total donations to the Obama campaign by these closed dealerships TOTALED $200. It was one dealership in Waco, TX.

Total donations to the McCain campaign by these closed dealerships
    TOTALED $450,000.

They read off information about other candidates and their donations, but you get the idea of the ratio we are talking about here.

Furthermore, research has shown that some of the biggest donations made from dealerhips to the Democratic Party or to the President during his campaign now have a monopoly in certain parts of the country when it comes to dealership locations... an average of 20 miles is what they gave on the radio.

One dealership in particular was top 10 nationwide in sales, but a big Republican donator as well...

The show is done by a democrat and a republican, but they were shocked at what they found when digging up about the issue.

The show said the research has been done by a few different independent groups, but I haven't found a website with links to studies.

It could be invented, but it's rather creepy if it's true.

I have seen multiple stories about this today. I fully believe that the administration would do this. Partisan politics are a Democratic Party favorite, and now they have the muscle to do hundreds of things that will further their communist agenda.
    Last edited by Ancona; 30th May 2009 at 12:26.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

akak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ancona View Post
    I have seen multiple stories about this today. I fully believe that teh administration would do this. Partisan politics are a Democratic Party favorite, and now they have the muscle to do hundreds of things that will further their communist agenda.

If we had even a whisper of a shadow of a ghost of a fragment of a shred of an independent and objective press and media left, I would have said that the S will really hit the F when this story breaks nationwide. But like 100 other similar or worse stories over the last two or three years, it will go nowhere --- because the powers-that-be and their corporate media puppets will see that it does not. And to the extent that it does leak out, 99% of those who hear it will be too ignorant or complacent to understand or care.

Welcome to the Fall of Rome, 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancona View Post
    I have seen multiple stories about this today. I fully believe that teh administration would do this. Partisan politics are a Democratic Party favorite, and now they have the muscle to do hundreds of things that will further their communist agenda.
    Republicans play the partisan game as well, moot point. Nevertheless I've been getting a funny feeling after reading some of the dealership closing stories as of late. There is a Dodge dealer in Florida that I had read about in which the owner was forced to sign over his franchise rights to a large dealership network, losing all his inventory with no compensation for himself or his employees. Mind you that this was one of the top selling Chrysler dealerships in the nation and the business that this owner built from the ground up has been handed over and he may have to declare bankruptcy. I'll have to dig that story up, it was a good read.

Frankly I haven't been interested in buying any American brand vehicle for a long time and I'm even less interested now due to the fact that a chunk of those profits will be going directly to the UAW and government bureaucrats. I'll stick with brands like Subaru who are expanding their manufacturing base in America and providing more and more good paying, living wage jobs for Americans instead of having mass layoffs like the Big 3. Also I don't want the government to be in control of my warranty.

EDIT: silverheartbone posted the exact story I was referencing below.
    Last edited by Mylläri; 29th May 2009 at 09:02. Reason: Add reference

Angry Obaaama the Communist

Wednesday, May 20, 2009
    Letter From A Dodge Dealer

letter to the editor

My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu, a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida. My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago in 1974. I am the second generation to manage this business.

We currently employ 50+ people and before the economic slowdown we employed over 70 local people. We are active in the community and the local chamber of commerce. We deal with several dozen local vendors on a day to day basis and many more during a month. All depend on our business for part of their livelihood. We are financially strong with great respect in the market place and community. We have strong local presence and stability.

I work every day the store is open, nine to ten hours a day. I know most of our customers and all our employees. Sunshine Dodge is my life.

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them. My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009. Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as "new," nor will we be able to do any warranty service work. Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000.) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service. There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory.

Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler's insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank.

HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN?

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed. How will they provide for their families? This is a total economic disaster.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George C. Joseph
    President & Owner
    Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K