Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Silver Philharmonic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Philharmonic

Default Silver Philharmonic

not much mention of this coin around here... looks beautiful. anyone getting these? i just bought 300! "from the oldest mint in the world"

what did you have to pay for them vs spot?

$1.85 over spot

chux03 Guest

Lightbulb There is one "bad" thing about this coin...

From Franklin Sanders' The Money Changer ( www.the-moneychanger.com )

Moneychanger, nowhere in your recommendations do I see anything about pure gold coins like the Canadian Maple Leaf or Austrian Philharmonic. Why not?

Gold is one of the softest and most ductile metals. Pure gold coins scratch and scar very easily unless handled with extreme care. Throughout history gold coins have generally been alloyed with copper or silver, hardening them to withstand circulation. Customers often unwittingly damage pure gold coins and therefore receive up to 5% less for them when they sell. In our opinion the purity of 24 karat gold confers no benefit and in fact often creates drawbacks.

chux ...he is talking about the new SILVER phill....not the gold.....or did i miss the point of your post?

yes, the silver philharmonic. this is the silver bullion and coins right? moreover, im not going to handle the coins. they come in tubes and there they will stay. maybe it would be worthwhile to have some graded? there aren't any of these coins that are graded for sale yet i dont believe

Quote Originally Posted by pbmaxb View Post
    not much mention of this coin around here... looks beautiful. anyone getting these? i just bought 300! "from the oldest mint in the world"
    Yes. Great coins. I have ordered 20 pc. Only sh#@t about them is: there is no carved edge and no purity mentioned upon the coins.

Carved edge is a must for silver bullion coins. Overall very pretty design and good craftsmanship. I like 'em.

Arrow

I personally don't care for anything lacking a purity and weight stamp excepting 90% pre-'65 US.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshyj View Post
    Yes. Great coins. I have ordered 20 pc. Only sh#@t about them is: there is no carved edge and no purity mentioned upon the coins.

Carved edge is a must for silver bullion coins. Overall very pretty design and good craftsmanship. I like 'em.
    hi i am new to some of the terms in this game but i have just got 20 silver philies my self and on the back under the organ it boasts 1 oz of fine silver

Cool

but how fine?