Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
The all time peak spot price for silver is $162.

Thread: The all time peak spot price for silver is $162.

Exclamation The all time peak spot price for silver is $162.

It may seem hard to believe this fact, but when using US dollars, that peak silver price from February 1980 of $49.45 has the same buying power as $161.20 in November 2019.
    https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc...2&year2=202001
    I'm fairly confident that the government calculator is under representing the actual inflation rate, but let's go with the government data for this message.

Because $18 times 9 equals $162, the mathematics indicates that silver currently sells for only one ninth (1/9) the all time high spot price.

Repeating for emphasis THE ALL TIME HIGH SPOT PRICE FOR SILVER IS $162 (in 2020 DOLLARS, the only dollars that we can spend at this time.).

So if according to the government's conservatively calculated CPI Inflation numbers, $49.45 in February 1980 has the same buying power as $161.68 in January 2020, it follows that silver is at 1/9 it's all time peak price with currently better fundamental market conditions. In my opinion, that is one hack of a bargain.

Another way to look at it, $18 silver today is the same as $5.51 silver in 1980, yet that year silver sold for close to $50.
    https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=49.45&year1=198002&year2=202001
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Angry so low

After reviewing this chart, it seems that I was wrong about that "all time high spot price" of silver in my previous post.

$806 in 1998 USD has the same buying power as $1,286.66 did last month.

So silver is not at 1/9 of its peak value.

What fraction of silver's actual all time high is $17.75 / $1,286.66? 1.4%

Less than 1/72. (1/8 of 1/9th)

Clearly the silver price has quite a bit of wiggle room.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K