Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

$ A Dollar Sign

Thread: $ A Dollar Sign

Default $ A Dollar Sign

The US. Dollar is constitutionally defined as a unit that contains 371.25 grains (0.7734375 troy ounces) of silver.
    The Federal Reserve's Note is a counterfeit US Dollar, and it is defined by bankster whims, currently compared against other fiat.
    If you have a bank savings account, stocks sans certificates, various bonds, annuity, money market or retirement account...
    should you be storing your wealth in those places, the value could plunge.

The original dollar sign symbol was created by combining the number 1 with a S for silver for a reason....
    STABILITY.

In my opinion the money masters don't want us to have stability, for it gives us too much power.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Post rūpya रूप्य n. wrought silver or gold, stamped coin, rupe

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Cool Yes the Russians did it too, and I'm detecting a repeating theme.

According to one version, the word "ruble" is derived from the Russian verb рубить (rubit), "to cut, to chop, to hack", as a ruble was considered a cutout piece of a silver grivna.

Rubles were parts of the grivna or pieces of silver with notches indicating their weight. Each grivna was divided into four parts; the name "ruble" came from the word "cut" because the silver rod weighing 1 grivna was split into four parts, which were called rubles.

Others say the ruble was never part of a grivna but a synonym for it. This is attested in a 13th century Novgorod birch bark manuscript, where both ruble and grivna referred to 204 gramms (6.6 troy ounces) of silver. The casting of these pieces included some sort of cutting (the exact technology is unknown), hence the name from рубить (rubit).

Money is necessary for human society to exist.
    It was too bad that our parent's parent's parents were deceived by such clever and evil parasites, otherwise this country would be a grand place.
    Instead due to the central bank infestation, where the banksters skim a 4.01% cut from every bankcard and food stamp transaction, we have California spreading across the land.

Wink Silver never goes up or down.

I forgot to mention the repeating theme.

We already know that the fiat dollar is a declining fraction of its original (0.773 ozt) silver value.

The information in the post above indicates that about 800 years ago a ruble was about 6.6 troy ounces of silver.

Sep 11, 9:11 PM UTC 1 Russian Ruble = 0.015 Federal Reserve Note

Working that 1.5 cents out to grams of silver. (silver @ $0.58488746 per gram)

$0.015/$0.58488746 = 0.025645959

Today's fiat ruble is worth approximately 1/40 of a gram of silver. No wonder the "dollar" looks so strong.
    6.6 x 31.1 x 40 = 8210
    Today's fiat ruble's worth is about one eight thousandth of what one from 800 years ago had.

The country's founders were extremely intelligent and knew from human history that that once a currency is un-backed by precious metals, it ALWAYS goes to hell.
    They worked hard to prevent that from happening to the republic.
    About 116 years ago the ball was dropped.
    Do we have the guts and brains to pick it up?
    Will we?

Question £ Why a crossed L?

The pound sterling (symbol: £; ISO code: GBP), commonly known as the pound and less commonly referred to as sterling, is the official currency of the United Kingdom and its territories.

The Oxford English Dictionary (and sources derived therefrom) state that the "most plausible" etymology is derivation from the Old English steorra for "star" with the added diminutive suffix "-ling", to mean "little star" and to refer to a silver penny of the English Normans.

These silver coins known as "sterlings" were issued in the Saxon kingdoms, 240 of them being minted from a pound of silver... Hence, large payments came to be reckoned in "pounds of sterlings," a phrase later shortened... —Encyclopædia Britannica, entry "pound sterling"

The pound was a unit of account in Anglo-Saxon England, equal to 240 silver pennies and equivalent to one pound weight of silver. It evolved into the modern British currency, the pound sterling. In the reign of Henry IV (1399–1413), the penny was reduced in weight to 15 grains (0.97 g) of silver, with a further reduction to 12 grains (0.78 g) in 1464.

Norman silver pennies changed designs every three years.
    This two-star design (possible origin of the word "sterling"), issued by William the Conqueror, is from 1077–1080.

So the pound was once exactly that, 454 grams of silver.
    Current silver spot at kitco is $18.05 for 31.1 grams.
    In FRNs the original British pound is worth about 264 Federal Reserve Notes, however the fiat British Pound trades for $1.24.
    Because the word sterling was a synonym for silver, I can see why the British have dropped the word from the name of their currency.

L stands for "libra" which is the Latin word for pound in terms of weight (lb). When a word was abbreviated, medieval scribes would often note an abbreviation by putting a line through a letter.

£