Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The expanded variety of modern designs

Thread: The expanded variety of modern designs

Cool The expanded variety of modern designs

Back in the early eighties when I bought my first silver,
    not knowing a thing I was reluctantly directed by my bank, Detroit Bank & Trust,
    towards Englehard bars.
    I finally sold them five or six years ago when I needed funds,
    and got no extra premium just spot,
    despite their being in pristine still in the vinyl condition.
    Reconsidering, it seems that getting spot was better than I would have gotten at the LCS for other brand bars like J-M.

Back then, seeking variety I was into the commemoratives,
    and my favorite was the 1987 4 coin U.S. Constitution commemorative set.
    Most government's regular bullion coins were conservatively designed and did not vary much.
    Chinese pandas, the exception, were just starting out, a quaint curiosity, and not yet on my radar.

Fast forward to today, where there are many more varieties of coins to select from,

Here are a few of them that have caught my attention.

The first two of the Rwanda Lunar Coin series are outstanding works of art.

2017 Rwanda 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of the Rooster BU

2018 Rwanda 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of the Dog BU

It's too bad that the next one in the series looks so stupid in comparison.
    Oh well, as a set collector I'll have to take the bad with the good,

Last year the first time that I saw the Liberty medal I knew that I wanted one.
    Yikes! I just saw the new price. Last year it was only 60 or 70 Federal Reserve notes.

2017-P American Liberty Silver Medal Proof (w/Box & COA)

If I ever buy some gold, that design is high on my list.

This next one seems the prettiest of the bird ATBs, but the Georgia coin being released in a couple of weeks is close.

2015 5 oz ATB Bombay Hook Silver Coin (BU)

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Question Egyptian fascination

Over the past year I've seen a big up-tick in the release of ancient Egyptian themed issues.

Details about Egyptian Gods Series Sobek Ultra High Relief 2 oz Silver BU Round Coin IN-STOCK!

Egyptian Gods Series Khnum Ultra High Relief 2 oz .999 Silver BU Round IN-STOCK!!

As a member of the Aries clan, that last design tempted me.

However I've already succumbed to the sucker's mentality and fell for a couple ounces of the faddish rounds.

One of these,

1 oz Silver Egyptian Scarab Beetle MK BarZ .999+ Fine 3D Art Round

and a couple of these 1/2 ounce pieces.

1/2 oz Monarch Egyptian Cat Goddess Bastet Silver Round (New)

When it comes time to sell these, unless selling to another individual collector,
    any premium that I paid over spot will be lost.
    Hopefully the increase in silver spot will more than compensate for the expense.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Over the past year I've seen a big up-tick in the release of ancient Egyptian themed issues.

Details about Egyptian Gods Series Sobek Ultra High Relief 2 oz Silver BU Round Coin IN-STOCK!

Egyptian Gods Series Khnum Ultra High Relief 2 oz .999 Silver BU Round IN-STOCK!!

As a member of the Aries clan, that last design tempted me.

However I've already succumbed to the sucker's mentality and fell for a couple ounces of the faddish rounds.

One of these,

1 oz Silver Egyptian Scarab Beetle MK BarZ .999+ Fine 3D Art Round

and a couple of these 1/2 ounce pieces.

1/2 oz Monarch Egyptian Cat Goddess Bastet Silver Round (New)

When it comes time to sell these, unless selling to another individual collector,
    any premium that I paid over spot will be lost.
    Hopefully the increase in silver spot will more than compensate for the expense.
    This has probably been a good move for the industry with bullion sales being so hard hit over the past few years. Bringing all these high end products to market with very high premiums. It gives people setting on the side lines something to get interested in probably more as a collectable item with potential future value. I just wonder if all these different items hitting the market won't more or less dilute the potential of owning something that turns to gold. Some are far better in the detail while others are far better as high relief items. Watching these items hit the market place over the past few years, so many of the early specialty rounds are not really that good any more and many of the new ones are not any better than some of the high quality generic rounds that have been sold for low premiums. Provident mints group had produced some very fine quality products before they got into financial trouble. Plus a number of other small mints have been producing excellent products but not at low Internet competitive pricing.

It truly is amazing how fast the quality has improved on our rounds over the last twenty years.

However if your just into stacking Silver as a long term investment or for financial protection it's the amount of Silver you have that generally will determine your future Gaines. Everything else is additional speculation to which everyone is free to invest as they wish.
    Last edited by valerb; 14th October 2018 at 07:27.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Cool pretty shiny

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    This has probably been a good move for the industry with bullion sales being so hard hit over the past few years. Bringing all these high end products to market with very high premiums. It gives people setting on the side lines something to get interested in probably more as a collectable item with potential future value. I just wonder if all these different items hitting the market won't more or less dilute the potential of owning something that turns to gold. Some are far better in the detail while others are far better as high relief items. Watching these items hit the market place over the past few years, so many of the early specialty rounds are not really that good any more and many of the new ones are not any better than some of the high quality generic rounds that have been sold for low premiums. Provident mints group had produced some very fine quality products before they got into financial trouble. Plus a number of other small mints have been producing excellent products but not at low Internet competitive pricing.

It truly is amazing how fast the quality has improved on our rounds over the last twenty years.

However if your just into stacking Silver as a long term investment or for financial protection it's the amount of Silver you have that generally will determine your future Gaines. Everything else is additional speculation to which everyone is free to invest as they wish.
    Yes to everything that you typed.

Here is a short video that highlights historical U.S. coin production.

Make REAL Money The Old Fashioned Way

Indeed the minting technology has come a long way and seems to be accelerating.

I wonder what new gimmicks will be coming our way.