Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Cash “Vanishes” From Bank Accounts In Ireland - Mark O’Byrne

Thread: Cash “Vanishes” From Bank Accounts In Ireland - Mark O’Byrne

Default Cash “Vanishes” From Bank Accounts In Ireland - Mark O’Byrne

– Emergency cash offered by Ulster Bank as cash vanishes from accounts

– Bank makes €500 available to customers whose deposits vanish

– Bank investigates after hundreds of complaints on social media

– “My salary has disappeared from my account today and my wife had her card declined when trying to pay for a GP visit and medication”

– Cyber attacks and Brexit are biggest threats to the securities, insurance and banking sectors

– Exposes risks posed to cash deposits in age of hacking, cyber fraud and terrorism

– Conclusion: Take some of your savings and wealth off line?

Editor: Mark O’Byrne

Your money in your bank account can vanish. That is the lesson from yesterday’s enormous screw-up by Ulster Bank that saw payments and bank account balances suddenly vanish.

Customers were left out of pocket and struggling for funds. Payments including salaries were not made, cards were declined and customers were unable to pay for urgent goods and services.

Ulster Bank has blamed the issue on ‘human error’ and claims this morning that the issue has been rectified. Although it has taken some customers four days to be able to make urgent payments.

This was a weekend of bank ‘errors’. In the UK, TSB faced a ‘meltdown’ after scheduled IT maintenance went somewhat awry. Many customers found themselves unable to access their accounts, whilst some even had access to other peoples’ money.

The fallout will last for some time. We have all fallen victim to bank charges at some point or another – whether for missed direct debits or unauthorised overdraft charges.

Lets hope that the onus will not be on the customers to prove that it is not their fault that their account and their balances are not what they should be. Credit scores and ratings could be damaged and relationships with individuals’ creditors may be impacted.

Rather than be seen as an inconvenience for customers, bank users everywhere should see this as a reminder that ‘money’ in the form of digital pounds, euros, dollars and other fiat currencies can just ‘disappear’ whether due to human error or more nefarious causes such as hacking.

We might have mentioned this might happen

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1524654000.php
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Thumbs down Stupid Merkins givng ~3% of each card transaction going to the enemy banksters.

Whenever I go to the party/package/liquor store for some brew,
    I see far too many fools paying for small items like chips, soda, and cigarettes with a bank card.
    If that glitch were to happen here, far too many working class sheeple would have to beg others for food or money or go hungry.
    As a good neighbor, I'll keep some extra food on hand for them.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Whenever I go to the party/package/liquor store for some brew,
    I see far too many fools paying for small items like chips, soda, and cigarettes with a bank card.
    If that glitch were to happen here, far too many working class sheeple would have to beg others for food or money or go hungry.
    As a good neighbor, I'll keep some extra food on hand for them.

God knows I'm a huge believer in cash on hand and very little in the bank for my own protection, but that doesn't stop me from using the system to my advantage.

Everyone pays the same, cash or credit. Why not use a card and get a rebate, assuming your paying your balance in full each month.

The store is adding in that charge to cover their expense rather you use a card or not and you can get back a couple percentage of your purchase by using a cash back card.

If you don't use a card, the store is ahead that much more, if you do, the bank is ahead that much more unless they are sharing it with you "as a good neighbor"
    Last edited by valerb; 26th April 2018 at 11:04.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Thumbs up A 3% cash discount would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    God knows I'm a huge believer in cash on hand and very little in the bank for my own protection, but that doesn't stop me from using the system to my advantage.

Everyone pays the same, cash or credit. Why not use a card and get a rebate, assuming your paying your balance in full each month.

The store is adding in that charge to cover their expense rather you use a card or not and you can get back a couple percentage of your purchase by using a cash back card.
    Therein lies the problem.
    Do you remember when the bankcards first came out, and the merchants tacked on an extra charge for the credit card users?
    The banks did a lot to discourage that practice, and it has virtually disappeared.
    The online PM dealers are a noteworthy exception.

When the hard working and necessary grocery stores average about 2% profit on each customer transaction,
    while the bit pushing kabbal gets 3%,
    anyone sane has to comprehend that is WRONG and bad for our society,

We the people need a cash discount movement.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Therein lies the problem.
    Do you remember when the bankcards first came out, and the merchants tacked on an extra charge for the credit card users?
    The banks did a lot to discourage that practice, and it has virtually disappeared.
    The online PM dealers are a noteworthy exception.

When the hard working and necessary grocery stores average about 2% profit on each customer transaction,
    while the bit pushing kabbal gets 3%,
    anyone sane has to comprehend that is WRONG and bad for our society,

We the people need a cash discount movement.
    The grocery store owners saw the light, don't fight it, jump on the band wagon and everyone did. Try convincing them to give up that 3% add on. Plus I'm not buying this 2% profit margin, not when I can compare Publix and Krogers for the same products and they are only a half mile apart. Same with many other chain stores. It all depends on where you live and how much they can charge as to what stores go in your area.

I wouldn't give coin dealers too much credit for not doing the same, they are in a competitive business and adding on a 3% charge would be cutting their own throat for many items. But many LCS prices are that much higher that our online dealers.
    Wait, APMEX is that much higher than SD Bullion for most of their items.
    Last edited by valerb; 26th April 2018 at 18:54.