Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

silver marketing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: silver marketing

Lightbulb silver marketing

As a hobby, I'm considering marketing a little bit of silver on Craigslist
    during this the intermediate time before the banks re-capitalize with real money (or die).
    Since the non commercial silver market is such a rare activity,
    I thought I'd narrow my market even further by offering silver in unusual or original formats.

Besides for offering a few 8.85 ozt matched sets of fractional bullion (I've mentioned it elsewhere in the forum),
    I'm also thinking about buying a roll of a certain upcoming SS BU Mini-Mintage design (if and when issued),
    one that I believe will have a low mintage.

Assuming no currency inflation, the first mini-mintage round will go onto the local Craigslist asking for $35.
    After it sells, the next one will post +$5 at $40, and so on until one is sold at $80. (10 in total)
    After that, the ask for that design will be bumped by $10 to $90,
    and for each subsequent round the ask would ups by $10,
    until they stop selling, or 16 of them are sold.
    During currency inflation these numbers would likely increase.

Besides for those velveteen bags full of brilliant prooflike junk
    to sold in multiples of one ounce ($1.40 face),
    I have one other marketing idea that I would like feedback on.

In circulated junk of good to very good condition,
    in today's market, would $40 be a good price to sell this set of coin designs circa 1929?

One each, Wheat 1, Buffalo 5, Mercury 10, Standing Liberty 25, Walking Liberty 50, Peace $1
    That collection certainly appeals to me as it was what my father grew up with,
    and a few others might feel the same nostalgic value.

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

There you go capitalism at its finest, as long as it's you pushing something off on the public for a huge profit on people that don't know any better, Jamie would be so proud of you, a fellow Jew is truly at the center of your heart.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Lol good luck. Consider yourself lucky if you can find someone to buy it at spot

Quote Originally Posted by chroNick View Post
    Lol good luck. Consider yourself lucky if you can find someone to buy it at spot
    That's really the truth on Craigs list, more people looking to scam others out of their listings for less when they know better. Plus it's a great place to run into some unsavory people up close and personal.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chroNick View Post
    To which of the configurations do you refer?
    ★ The SSMM rounds are in limited mintages and have demonstrated to have a true collector premium, so I'll be the only seller around here.
    ★ A $1.91 set of 90 year old coins would coin cost me OVER $31 to assemble, so $40 seems like a reasonable price.
    ★ The 8.85 ozt set of generic rounds is an old idea that as a silver collector I'd like to see. Perhaps I'm not the only one?
    ★ Talk about presentation, everyone who sees the shiny junk (Rosies, Washingtons, and Franklins) pour out of a velveteen bag wants it.

If no one buys my metal it at the conservative asking price, then I'll keep it.
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    There you go capitalism at its finest, as long as it's you pushing something off on the public for a huge profit on people that don't know any better, Jamie would be so proud of you, a fellow Jew is truly at the center of your heart.
    I've told you that jew is a verb meaning to cheat or steal,
    my people are the victims in that continuing European cultural transgression against the entire planet.

You people could have called yourselves Stealish, or Cheatish and it would be the same to me.
    Looking at the state of the planet after your people's governance, Killish would be the most accurate.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Wink Roaring Twenties Silver

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    ★ A $1.91 set of 90 year old coins would coin cost me OVER $31 to assemble, so $40 seems like a reasonable price..
    And that's when buying at roll quantities.

Today's coin cost
    18.70 https://sdbullion.com/peace-silver-dollar-coins-vg (I'm not buying any rolls of these)
    6.50 https://www.bgasc.com/product/90-per...y-half-dollars
    3.75 https://www.bgasc.com/product/90-per...berty-quarters
    1.25 https://www.bgasc.com/product/90-per...lver-dimes-10c
    1.00 https://www.amazon.com/Collection-Fu.../dp/B00HHGZL1I (From a different vendor, I paid $1.13 per coin.)

$31.20 plus a wheatie

Factoring in items like time, shipping and transportation costs,
    I think that $40 seems like a very fair
    to perhaps a bit too low price for this set of six coins in G to VG condition.

Time will tell.

When I locate some local or Amazon sourced 6 coin Whitman Snap-Tite holders,
    ones that fit the older Morgan/Peace dollars, I'll snag a dozen of them.
    There is no rush as I won't be a seller for years.
    Hopefully there is plenty of time to prepare by accumulating desirable choice items.

That's really the truth on Craigs list, more people looking to scam others out of their listings for less when they know better. Plus it's a great place to run into some unsavory people up close and personal.
    This spring should be an excellent chance for me to get more experience with that Craigslist silver buying that seemed to go well for me in the past.

Now E*BAY is something that I have no experience with, but seems to have a reputation fraught with fraudulent silver transactions,
    I would actually fear selling silver there.
    One cheater could wipe out the profits of a dozen transactions.
    E*BAY needs to be a true middleman, more of a consignment shop, to properly earn their cut.
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 22nd March 2018 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheartbone

There is no rush as I won't be a seller for years.
    Hopefully there is plenty of time to prepare by accumulating desirable choice items.

I don't understand why you are even considering this if your not thinking about doing this for years from now.

Have you no confidence in your $600 and $3,100 per ounce predictions or are they like most of the other prognosticators, something that will happen in the future, just don't know when but as long as you don't put a timeline on them, your always covered as the future hasn't happened yet.

I was just speculating that if you had any confidence in your predictions that you wouldn't be worried about nickels and dimes with those kinds of per ounce prices for your Mercury Dimes.

Now E*BAY is something that I have no experience with, but seems to have a reputation fraught
    with fraudulent silver transactions, I would actually fear selling silver there.
    One cheater could wipe out the profits of a dozen transactions.
    E*BAY needs to be a true middleman, more of a consignment shop, to properly earn their cut.

I could be wrong but isn't that why everyone sells their products through PayPal so they are not screwed and PayPal takes the risks for their cut of the action?
    Last edited by valerb; 23rd March 2018 at 09:59.

I don't understand why you are even considering this if your not thinking about doing this for years from now.
    It is called planning.

I could be wrong but isn't that why everyone sells their products through PayPal so they are not screwed and PayPal takes the risks for their cut of the action?
    Way wrong.
    Now that you mention it, How could the E*BAY prices be any good with two parasites sucking out profit?

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    It is called planning.

Planning on doing this when your Silver will be worth so much you won't need to be doing any of this slaving for a few bucks.

Way wrong.
    Now that you mention it, How could the E*BAY prices be any good with two parasites sucking out profit?

I can see why your not dealing out there, it's like actual work for your money.

Lightbulb true capitalism

MY FATHER'S MONEY

I am somewhat surprised to see this, but perhaps I should not be,
    someone else having the same idea as I.
    Yes, I used wheat pennies instead of Indian heads,
    otherwise this is the exact set of coins that I put together a few weeks back.
    I even located a source for the hard to find 6 coin old dollar Whitman SnapTite cases,
    but they cost a bit more then I expected, so I only snagged 5.

At $72 for the sets, as usual, those EBAY prices are way too high,
    mainly because there are three parties (PayPal, Ebay, and the seller)
    each taking a piece of the action.

In today's market asking $50 for the set would be more reasonable
    as the 6 coin set with the $2.50 case could be obtained piecemeal for around $35.

Except for the pennies, which I've collected over the years, I bought the coins within in the past year.

$ 0.05 wheat penny
    $ 1.15 https://smile.amazon.com/Count-Circu...dp/B00XNRVZJW/
    $ 1.26 https://www.bgasc.com/product/90-per...lver-dimes-10c
    $ 3.75 http://www.bgasc.com/product/90-perc...berty-quarters
    $ 7.50 https://www.bgasc.com/product/90-per...lf-dollars-50c
    $18.69 https://sdbullion.com/peace-silver-dollar-coins-vg
    $ 2.50 WHITMAN Snap-Tite
    $34.90 USD investment per set

(0.85 x .715 ozt) + (1.0 x 0.773 ozt) is the silver content for the set. (0.60775 + 0.773) ozt = 1.39 ozt Ag

As we know the buffalo nickel and wheat penny have no silver, but do have increasing value.

So far I've assembled five sets of the coins,
    which I intend to flip after the price of silver goes up over $75 an ounce.

At $75 (~5x increase from today's spot) per troy ounce, the silver alone would cost $103.55.
    At that time silver will be a bit harder to obtain, and the price will be seen to be continually increasing,
    so asking $150 (2 x spot) would seem a reasonable price for each set.
    Especially as I've paid about 2x spot when assembling the set.

In a few years I could refer to the collections as "100 Year Old Roaring Twenties Coins"