Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Why are most people so blind? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

akak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trvlr45 View Post
    Hello AKAK,

The majority will wait until it is way too late. IMO, it already is. I have family members who don't even want to speak to me because I was just too much of a reality check for them and I really don't care.

I sometimes think that I am the president of that club! I have lost at least two friends over this very issue. At a certain point, their willful denial of reality, and complete abdication of responsibility, made me realize that I did not want to associate with them any longer, as painful as that was.

Yes, it is painful but i look at it like this. If my cousin wants to run to the polls to vote someone into office that is going to target me and my paycheck then who's in the wrong? Me for trying to get them to open their eyes or them for hiring a government to screw me? I don't care if it's out of ignorance or for whatever other reason. They screwed me and then don't want to hear about how they did it.

I have a very good friend of mine who didn't want to hear from me for two weeks a while back and now since I got him to listen to the proper outlets for information he's calling ME and complaining about what is going on. I got lucky. I actually got ONE person in my entire life to pay attention.

I know a bartender who just called his Obama loving sister recently and told here he thought he had a sister who loved this country and what it stood for not a sister who believed in Communism, Fascism and Totalitariamism. He has dis-owned her. The friend I just told you about is about ready to do the same thing with his sister and brother-in-law.

There are going to be a whole lot of dumb and blind people who lose family memebers and friends in the future I think. Let them dream like a child. I'll hang out with "realists".

The biggest problem is getting the blind to acknowledge that their favorite party is screwing them and that someone else is pulling the strings of our government.

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    I sometimes think that I am the president of that club! I have lost at least two friends over this very issue. At a certain point, their willful denial of reality, and complete abdication of responsibility, made me realize that I did not want to associate with them any longer, as painful as that was.

You aren't alone. I don't associate with idiots. It's a shame ignorance is'nt painful and stupid people are allowed to breed.

I agree with much that has been said here, however I'd like to add our education system to our list. Our high schools and universities graduate students who are amazingly adept at repeating what their professors say in their blue books, but are unable to think critically. This means they are less likely to question what they hear in the media. So when you tell them the dollar is likely to collapse it doesn't quite compete with an NYU economist stating confidently on T.V. that inflation will be held in check and the economy should recover in late 2009,

Why do most Americans...still remain in such complete denial and/or complacency of all these facts and the blatant truth right under their noses?
    The short answer?
    "You can't handle the truth!"

The long answer?
    The American Dream.

I've thought about this a lot before posting, because I don't want to write ranting gibberish. It'll probably end up being that anyway.

It takes a huge amount of energy to change. People may want to change, but when they give a go, well...it just ends up being too much work. It's much easier to sit on the couch and bitch about what is going on rather than get up off the couch, paint up a placard, go downtown, and protest for an hour or two. Or even write a letter to your local representative, or god forbid, the President himself! That would require both physical AND mental strength.

The people of Iceland did it. One day a week. One day a week until both their leader and the head of their central bank both quit. One day a week.

It won't happen in America (or Canada). All our peoples are, yes, complacent. The generations that sacrificed and did all the hard work are gone, replaced by the generations of greed, entitlement, laziness, sloth, entertainment, and envy. The past generations did all the work to build the American Dream; the current generations have turned it into a nightmare.

Then again, it is a Dream -- not truth. The masses do not want truth. They don't want to hear that they have to work until they are 77 for minimum wage. What happened to 'Freedom 55'?! They don't care if 5% of America gets stinking bloated rich, as long as they can have a comfy retirement, cheap food, cheap gas, big cars, big teevees, and BBQs. They don't care if that 5% steals, lies, cheats, kills, and/or rapes to get their riches. As long as the "enablers" see their Citibank stock "soar" 20% a week, all is well. Who cares what ugly Truth lies behind the Dream.

(for the record, I too would LOVE to get a 20% return in a week! But I also believe in something higher than greed and lies. I support Truth; but it's hard to watch an easy 20% slip by knowing it would have made my physical life that much easier.)

The masses want and love the American Dream. To ask any of them to willingly destroy it with their own hands and replace it with Truth could probably be considered treason.

As another poster mentioned, nothing is being done because too much has to be done. The modern masses are busy, busy, busy! Especially if you have children. And a lot of people who have kids use their kids as a reason to cop out of doing what needs to be done.

They are busy but also broke. Think there's anyone out there today who wouldn't get fired if they left their job for a day to go protest in front of a bank or political office? People are just trying to hold their sh*t together with what little they have left. They worry about their immediate surroundings -- family, house, job. Who cares if Mr. AIG gets a fat bonus?! Who cares if some government guy forgot to pay his taxes?! See...laws, Rights, Constitutions, etc. which are broken and violated, but not directly impacting said individual, are quickly and easily dispelled.

Now if Mr. Bernake broke into Mr. and Mrs. American Dream's house at 3am to steal their loot...I bet there would be some immediate and violent actions taken by the tax payers.

Forget trying to "convince" people of the Truth. It's a waste of time and effort better spent on other endeavors -- like trying to stop the Bad Men. Besides, there are people out there who just don't have the capacity to understand what you say.

Even my own dear wife. I have to REALLY dilute things down for her in order not to come off as a lunatic. She still loves to spend, not like there is no tomorrow, but like there will always be a tomorrow that is just like today. I still manage to do what needs to be done.

Yes, darn tootin', it is frustrating and infuriating to see both sides -- the crooks and the sheep. But I FINALLY got it tonight (call me slow if you must!). As someone said in another thread, the banks and government will always be corrupt thieves. They always have been, from the beginning of time. Money and power are synonymous with greed and corruption, always have been, always will be. Accept it and move on. Do your thing. Always ask of yourself, "What kind of country and world do I want to live in?" Then do your best to create it. That's all you can do.

It's bed time so I will leave you with exactly ONE suggested reading:
    John Taylor Gatto
    It will explain a lot as to why America is why it is.
    (read his BIO first!)

*As for the "something in the water" theory...I've read that in 2 gallons of US water, there is the equivalent of one dose of Prozac. Truth or fiction, I know not, but it makes you think...
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by Trvlr45 View Post
    You aren't alone. I don't associate with idiots. It's a shame ignorance is'nt painful and stupid people are allowed to breed.

It's a good thing forgiveness isn't dependent on people like you. All of humanity would be damned, including you. Reminds me of a comedian back in the '60s...."I can't stand myself no longer"
    TRUTH is not dependent on one's belief of it...
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"Get Real"

Default I Know Where You're Coming From

[..............
    Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 6th December 2009 at 16:03.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

akak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post

I loved the Forrest Gump character in the movie - someone who was clearly written in by screenwriters as "a sandwich short of a picnic lunch" but who had true wisdom, whereas some very real people who are card-carrying members of MENSA are too stupid to know that a truly intelligent person doesn't blat about how smart they are. They have enough wisdom to keep their mouths shut - and trust that others can construe on their own that they're pretty dang intelligent by actions, behaviors, and what comes out of their mouths.

How true this is! One thing that I have consistently noticed, here on this forum and on many others, and in real life, is just how unconnected is one's ability to see the reality, rot, and corruption in our society and politico-financial system today from their fundamental level of intelligence. I have run across many people of borderline intelligence who instantly "get it", and many others of otherwise every high intelligence who stubbornly remain in willful denial of reality. This phenomena puzzles and fascinates me.

Sometimes I almost feel that my head is literally going to explode, so angry, fustrated and enraged do I feel --- not just at the political and financial establishments, evil as they are, but at all their enablers in the general population!
    Control these emotions, you must. Lead you to the Dark Side, they will.

Bunnies, are today's people. Well-fed, they still are. Cheese unmoved, it remains, umm?

When their cheese is moved, lean and angry they will become. Amenable to change they will be.

Understand and watch the cheese, we must.
    “Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do.”
    - James Harvey Robinson

"The more we convince others, the more we convince ourselves."
    - The Tongue and Quill

You are not alone Akak, most people are blind because they don't want to see the truth and have been lied to sooooooo long that the truth looks like a nightmare with an almost fictional edge. Let's not forget to thank Hollywood for it's roll in this by painting a rosy picture around every storyline.

Hollywood starts the young ones early on the fairytale. My wife and I call it Dysneyfied.