Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Why are most people so blind? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYITCH View Post
    I totally agree! If adults don't get it, then what will happen to the children?

The amount and type of distractions these days obscures any hint at truth seeking. Or knowing there is a truth to seek for that matter...
    That my friend is my greatest fear.Which is why I'm going to break the cycle and teach my son better.To pay attention to the world around him and help where he can.All my silver (little that I have)is for SHTF scenario or being passed on to him.This way he will be better prepared to find some salvation in the future.
    "I know where Daddy keeps his Silver Shhhhhh"(I loves my precious hehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by LoboNoches View Post
    teach my son better.

If you posted it, I didn't catch it....may I ask, how old is your son?....in months if you will.

If he's not yet a year, I have a book I would recommend you read. I'll explain if you're interested.
    Last edited by hiyosilver; 3rd May 2009 at 00:48.
    TRUTH is not dependent on one's belief of it...
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"Get Real"

I think most of the reasons given here for the complacency are mostly right on. There are a few additional factors that I think are also part of this: Most people haven't experienced true hardship like our depression era parents did, so they don't realize the consequences. Also people are so busy with two jobs and trying to maintain some semblance of a family life that they don't have time or energy to look too far into the future. Their little free time is taken up in just relaxing or actvities with the children. Some think the politicians will work a way out of this mess. (forgetting who got us into it).
    Just some thoughts, I think one could say "all of the above" including the other posters reasons here.
    Sliver

Quote Originally Posted by sliver View Post
    I think most of the reasons given here for the complacency are mostly right on. There are a few additional factors that I think are also part of this: Most people haven't experienced true hardship like our depression era parents did, so they don't realize the consequences. Also people are so busy with two jobs and trying to maintain some semblance of a family life that they don't have time or energy to look too far into the future. Their little free time is taken up in just relaxing or actvities with the children. Some think the politicians will work a way out of this mess. (forgetting who got us into it).
    Just some thoughts, I think one could say "all of the above" including the other posters reasons here.
    Sliver

I believe you're right generally. Then after they lose their job they find out why. But then it's too late to save the day. They need everything they can scrape up to survive. We're in for some terrible times, my friend. The best we can do for them is to try and show them before they lose their jobs and pensions. The best way I've found.....put some silver in their hands....give it to them.....then explain the fundamentals.....then leave it at that....or maybe drop them an article in an email occasionally. Then if they don't get on the boat, it wasn't because you didn't try.
    TRUTH is not dependent on one's belief of it...
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"Get Real"

Default One Sheople At A Time

I...........
    Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 8th January 2010 at 17:56.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by hiyosilver View Post
    If you posted it, I didn't catch it....may I ask, how old is your son?....in months if you will.

If he's not yet a year, I have a book I would recommend you read. I'll explain if you're interested.
    He will be 6 months old on the 15th

Default Thanks for pix

Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 8th January 2010 at 17:56.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post
    Your son is darling. Looks to me like he's gonna grow up to be a 'girl magnet'!
    Thanks I wish I knew how to make the avatar picture bigger.Through all the pain my ex has and continues to put me through one thing I can say is we sure did make one beautiful baby.He is about 28 inches tall 20 lbs dark hair like me blue eye like his momma.For all I've done wrong in life I must have done something right .Can't wait til he big enough to roll around in a pile of silver(nor can I wait to have a pile for him to roll in lol)

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    Why do most Americans...still remain in such complete denial and/or complacency of all these facts and the blatant truth right under their noses?
    I could write a book on this, but instead, I give you this, the recent CNN.com poll:

Do you agree with Fed chairman Bernanke that the economy is stabilizing?

Yes -- 61%
    No -- 39%
    (152,179 votes thus far)

It's so past the point of absurdity that it has now entered the hilarious.
    Caedite eos.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    Although this topic may have been addressed here before, I would really like to get some insight from all of you on this critical and puzzling phenomena: Why do most Americans, with the evidence of massive political corruption, the decay if not death of any meaningful possibility of political change, the complicity of the corporate media with the financial oligarchy's takeover of this nation, the overwhelming lies and disinformation spread by the powers-that-be in all contrast to the obvious truth, the decine in their standards of living and liberties, the routine usurpation of power by a exponentially metastisizing federal government ----- when all of this is staring them straight in the face, WHY and HOW can and do they still remain in such complete denial and/or complacency of all these facts and the blatant truth right under their noses?

Sometimes I almost feel that my head is literally going to explode, so angry, fustrated and enraged do I feel --- not just at the political and financial establishments, evil as they are, but at all their enablers in the general population! Are we collectively truly THAT stupid and dumb-downed? Is there something in the water that makes them so tuned-out? Have most of us been taken over by alien pod-people?

I have tried and tried to talk to many friends and relatives along these lines, and not one in ten will even begin to truly listen or try to understand. Worse than that, I usually just get the same old bullshit lines: "Enough with all your gloom and doom!" "Oh, things are not that bad --- you're just exaggerating!" "The government is only doing what it thinks is best", blah blah blah, bahhh bahhh bahhhhh.

Am I alone in feeling almost like I am living among aliens, or indifferent slugs who have taken the shape of humans?
    Hello AKAK,

It's very simple. it's called "Cognitive Dissonance". Basically when someone see evidence that their world view is warped they can't handle the truth so they block out what is really happening. Therefore, they can then continue on their merry way until the problem affects them.

They simply choose to ignore reality because if they admit there is a problem then they will have to spend time fixing it and they don't want to replace the "wine-tasting club" or the next sports game with reading the Constituion, writing their representatives or reading history.

The majority will wait until it is way too late. IMO, it already is. I have family members who don't even want to speak to me because I was just too much of a reality check for them and I really don't care.