Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Why are most people so blind? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

Okay....back to the thread topic.

I say the reason "most people are so blind" is because silver is just soooo darn shiny that most can't bear to sneak a peek, let alone stare!
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneRanger View Post
    I strongly recomend that, instead of bemoaning what apparently can't be fixed, that verybody that cares to give their kids an advantage understand the public schools ca't educate and just go ahead and educate your own kids anyway you can , by hook or crook.
    On the contrary.

The inability of many public schools to teach isn't a problem that can't be fixed.

The inability of many parents to raise children with sufficient discipline to be able to be taught in a reasonably well-adjusted environment, however, kicks the can to the end of the line.

And, for the record, fifth and sixth grade, or, if you will, elementary school and the year succeeding, is not the time to be teaching transgender issues. Sexual issues are taught in sex education. If my child is subject to sex education classes in elementary school, I'll file an injuction and go from there.
    “Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do.”
    - James Harvey Robinson

"The more we convince others, the more we convince ourselves."
    - The Tongue and Quill

Talking

[QUOTE=Ancona;61527]I pulled my daughter out of the public babysitting asylum before her mind was too polluted to recover. She goes to a small, private Christian school where they are taught about government, the constitution, civics, ethics, mathematics, reading, English, science, art, PE and Bible.

Children are not permitted to wear "hip hop" clothing, jewelry, hair coloring, nose rings, eye-lid rings etc. If you break the rules, you are thrown out. Period. The school administrators have a zero tolerance policy for fighting, swearing, bullying, "thuggery", "gangsterism" and all of the associated nonsense we are forced to allow to occur in the public babysitting system. Rap "music" is forbidden and will also result in immediate expulsion. They are taught to give respect to teachers and their fellow students. They are taught teamwork, and that in every contest there is a winner and a loser. They are taught to both win and lose with grace.

My daughter has become a very well mannered, respectful young lady in the three years she has attended. This school does not have a lap-top for every student, and they are not given lessons in "social studies". History is taught without revision.

It is my opinion that the liberal left has so completely perverted the system as to make it a complete failure. My daughter is learning at a level established for her grade that exceeds public school requirements by a full grade year and a quarter.

Without the need to waste half of their time on unruly, misbehaving children and trouble-makers, her teachers have more time to concentrate on teaching.

I recently attended my daughters seventh grade "graduation" picnic. It was an absolute pleasure to be around all of the children from this school. The sixth, seventh and eight grades were there, and comprised only 22 students in total. These kids were the single most well behaved kids I had ever seen in a group before.

Any of you who have the means will do your kids a favor and yank them out of public school as quickly as you can, and place them in a small, local private school. The indoctrination these poor kids receive there is an abomination. Now they are teaching "trans-gender acceptance" in social studies at our public schools here.

What a freaking tragedy.

I've run into a few parents like you and I'm happy to hear about one more. Thanks for doing your part to save our country.

Right on Trvlr45......right on.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Trvlr45 View Post
    It is my opinion that the liberal left has so completely perverted the system as to make it a complete failure. My daughter is learning at a level established for her grade that exceeds public school requirements by a full grade year and a quarter.
    Wasn't it George W. Bush (Republican) who pushed No Child Left Behind? I wouldn't exactly classify him as "liberal left." That is easily the most destructive action that has come against the education system in America so long as I've been alive. Or would this just be wrote off as a Progressive-Liberal moment by Dubya vis-a-vis his Medicare act?

Just curious, I'm getting tired of both sides simply lumping all of America's problems on their opposition. Aside from that I agree with your opinions on this matter.

I think if you will study GW's first education bill and Ted Kennedy's you will see they are effectively the same thing. GW's mistake was thinking he could follow Clinton's act of concilliation with the opposite party to build harmony and bi-partisan legislation. GW should have simply vetoed all Title 1 spending and joined the fray with the Dems right off the bat. Instead he found it easier to compromise and give in and the trend didn't end for 8 years when it came to government spending. No Child was Teddies folly and GW didn't have the sense to put it out of it's misery. The only good part could have been vouchers but GW conceded on that 'get along'.

The problems in our education system were created over thirty five years and are largely a result of ultra liberal policy decisions and republican heavy-handed mandates. Throw in tenure and you have the perfect mix for ruination.

California is trying to [has already??] outlaw home-schooling. The one practice that nearly guarantees a superior education of a child and the instilling of a good set of morals and values at the same time, and California has to **** it up.

Many home schooled kids actually do a couple of days "desk time" in regular school settings here and there, and the consensus is that they are nearly always more advanced in their studies than their counterparts are [in the public system]

When the breakdown comes....and it will, we will see a resurgence of home schooling, as a result of cliff diving revenues along with crumbling buildings which will chase responsible parents and their kids away.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    Although this topic may have been addressed here before, I would really like to get some insight from all of you on this critical and puzzling phenomena: Why do most Americans, with the evidence of massive political corruption, the decay if not death of any meaningful possibility of political change, the complicity of the corporate media with the financial oligarchy's takeover of this nation, the overwhelming lies and disinformation spread by the powers-that-be in all contrast to the obvious truth, the decine in their standards of living and liberties, the routine usurpation of power by a exponentially metastisizing federal government ----- when all of this is staring them straight in the face, WHY and HOW can and do they still remain in such complete denial and/or complacency of all these facts and the blatant truth right under their noses?

Sometimes I almost feel that my head is literally going to explode, so angry, fustrated and enraged do I feel --- not just at the political and financial establishments, evil as they are, but at all their enablers in the general population! Are we collectively truly THAT stupid and dumb-downed? Is there something in the water that makes them so tuned-out? Have most of us been taken over by alien pod-people?

I have tried and tried to talk to many friends and relatives along these lines, and not one in ten will even begin to truly listen or try to understand. Worse than that, I usually just get the same old bullshit lines: "Enough with all your gloom and doom!" "Oh, things are not that bad --- you're just exaggerating!" "The government is only doing what it thinks is best", blah blah blah, bahhh bahhh bahhhhh.

Am I alone in feeling almost like I am living among aliens, or indifferent slugs who have taken the shape of humans?
    Answer: TV
    A Mind once expanded, never resumes it's original dimensions. Albert Einstein

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post
    Wasn't it George W. Bush (Republican) who pushed No Child Left Behind? I wouldn't exactly classify him as "liberal left." That is easily the most destructive action that has come against the education system in America so long as I've been alive. Or would this just be wrote off as a Progressive-Liberal moment by Dubya vis-a-vis his Medicare act?

Just curious, I'm getting tired of both sides simply lumping all of America's problems on their opposition. Aside from that I agree with your opinions on this matter.
    Hello Myllari,

The above quote wasn't mine. I was just agreeing with what Ancona said. BOTH parties have ruined our education system as "No Child Left Behind" proves. However, the left has been FAR more detrimental to this country socially than the right ever has.

The right just capitalizes on the stupidity and the juvenile deliquincy of the left. "Juvenile" actually gives the left the benefit of the doubt since most that support left-leaning (Communist) policies actually have the minds of pre-schoolers.

Their way of thinking is, "My Mommy and Daddy aren't around anymore so the government should hold my hand".

Yeah, well...I work for the government and my boss is racist.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, just thought I would mention it.
    I'll assume he is one of the "so blind".
    Caedite eos.