Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Why are most people so blind? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    That big area in between Arizona and Texas where the national weatherman always stands
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I loved the Forrest Gump character in the movie - someone who was clearly written in by screenwriters as "a sandwich short of a picnic lunch" but who had true wisdom, whereas some very real people who are card-carrying members of MENSA are too stupid to know that a truly intelligent person doesn't blat about how smart they are. They have enough wisdom to keep their mouths shut - and trust that others can construe on their own that they're pretty dang intelligent by actions, behaviors, and what comes out of their mouths



    Thats a fact. Its unusual to meet anyone with a particular expertise that feels they have to blow their own horn. When someone is good at something they don't have to tell you. You know.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by hiyosilver View Post
    It's a good thing forgiveness isn't dependent on people like you. All of humanity would be damned, including you. Reminds me of a comedian back in the '60s...."I can't stand myself no longer"
    All of humanity was damned for a very long time after the fall of the Roman Empire and this country is doing the same thing the Romans did, the same thing the former Soviet Union did and the same thing England did which sparked the founding of our country.

    Most everything can be forgiven but when you blind, stupid, mis-informed or just plain lazy enough to destroy the best country with the most freedom ever devised by mankind because all you think of is yourself I don't believe THAT can be forgiven. We all wouldn't be here on this forum and having to collect silver if it wasn't for the big corrupt government so many seem to love just because they steal from someone who is responsible so they can buy a vote from someone who isn't.

    Country comes first because if there is no country there is no ME. Those were noble words on the subject of forgiveness, Hyo. Just not very realistic.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theo68 View Post
    I agree with much that has been said here, however I'd like to add our education system to our list. Our high schools and universities graduate students who are amazingly adept at repeating what their professors say in their blue books, but are unable to think critically. This means they are less likely to question what they hear in the media. So when you tell them the dollar is likely to collapse it doesn't quite compete with an NYU economist stating confidently on T.V. that inflation will be held in check and the economy should recover in late 2009,
    I agree 150%, Theo. the dumbing down of America is complete. Charlotte Iserbyt's book, "The Intentional Dumbing Down of America" explains exactly how they did it. Now, because of it we have a "President" running around telling everyone that the Constitution is flawed because it doesn't have anything in there that says what the government CAN do (to you) instead of what it CAN"T do (to you).

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    You are not alone Akak, most people are blind because they don't want to see the truth and have been lied to sooooooo long that the truth looks like a nightmare with an almost fictional edge. Let's not forget to thank Hollywood for it's roll in this by painting a rosy picture around every storyline.

    Hollywood starts the young ones early on the fairytale. My wife and I call it Dysneyfied.
    Yep! You hit that one right out of the ballpark, Longhaul. Communism was in Hollywood way back in the 30's with Leo Penn, Shawn Penn's father (and others). That is one of their tactics. Make everyone believe they can fulfill your dreams. All they need is your paycheck and your freedom. They just don't tell you that part of the dream.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trvlr45 View Post
    I agree 150%, Theo. the dumbing down of America is complete. Charlotte Iserbyt's book, "The Intentional Dumbing Down of America" explains exactly how they did it. Now, because of it we have a "President" running around telling everyone that the Constitution is flawed because it doesn't have anything in there that says what the government CAN do (to you) instead of what it CAN"T do (to you).
    As well, check out John Taylor Gatto's books on the "education" system. It really is frightening when you take a big-picture view and piece the puzzle together. A corporate country and its government need a mass of common people, what better way to start than in Grade 1. There is a huge difference between education and intelligence.

    Not sure what it's like in the States, but up here in Canada...why does it take four years of university/college to get a degree in almost EVERY field? Four years of "education" for everything -- from an Art degree to a Zoology degree and everything in between.

    If it smells fishy...
    Caedite eos.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Yes the dumbing down starts early with our history books. Goes like this.......hey kids, these folks over in Europe thought the world was FLAT(lie), so they had to go check it out and ran into Plymouth Rock (lie). Then they ran into these savage Natives and thought it was best for humanity to kill most of them, then round the rest up on reservations for the good of us (lie). So let's have Thanksgiving now shall we?

    By the time you are in 5th grade here in America we have been told so many lies about "history", one needs to have a sharp knife handy to cut our way out of the thick wool blanket that has been thrown over us "sheltering" (for our own good) us from reality.

    I asked one question in 5th grade and got ridiculed big time for it. I asked what year the people in B.C times called it before our current time line began. What significant event happened before Jesus to base a time line off, and what event before that was the prior event etc????????????? When I pulled my finger out of that wall, light shown through, now the wall is down.

    Fact is, time was never represented in a linear fashion B.C., it was always cyclic. The current time line has drawn us away from who we are and out away from our real connection to reality. This is the time MATRIX most are hoodwinked by.

    So the question is, what time is it.......really?

    The answer to Akak's question is people are sooooo blind because we were never taught to see because the gig would then be up!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    As well, check out John Taylor Gatto's books on the "education" system. It really is frightening when you take a big-picture view and piece the puzzle together. A corporate country and its government need a mass of common people, what better way to start than in Grade 1. There is a huge difference between education and intelligence.

    Not sure what it's like in the States, but up here in Canada...why does it take four years of university/college to get a degree in almost EVERY field? Four years of "education" for everything -- from an Art degree to a Zoology degree and everything in between.

    If it smells fishy...
    It IS fishy. The vast majority of time in college, I would guess since I never went is spent indoctrinating, not teaching the kids. The want them to know only what they want them to know. I had a friend of mine that went to college who showed me some of the garbage they teach in "Social Studies" which was the replacement for History. We sure don't want anyone know anything about history, do we? They might not repeat it.
    Last edited by Trvlr45; 11th May 2009 at 01:07.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Folks got a right to live the way they want .. to the best of their abilities.. and they have the right to profit from their wisdom and suffer for their mistakes... If this means living in denial.. so be it.. nothing to get mad about.

    I fight with denial a couple times a week.. I catch myelf getting "Happy I am Right" about the failing economy and coming armeggedon .. and I ask myself .. "how sick is that?" I catch myself thinking.. ehh maybe it will all work out.. I'm prepin' for nothing, or I'm way over preping.. buy the boat... take a vacation.. .. but then... the little voice says " are you admiting you are WRONG?".. well .. truth be told If it means the world doesn't colapse into a great depression, possibly a Dark Age.. a Post Apocaliptic Mad Max world ... being wrong this once wouldn't be so bad... Would it? What? ME WRONG!?! no way.. I know the true truth!

    Then there is the dreams of silver going to 100....200... Butler and Izzy's silver more precious than gold....and dreams of wealth and avarice beyond fantasy.. ehh so the world falls a part and slips into chaos..

    (Actually I think the market cap on silver bullion is small enough we can go to 200 and still have most the world not notice.. but thats me)

    Folks will get it when they get it.. I'm doing better than most of y'all apparently... I've gone from crazy woman to guru and back and then back again with a couple dozen friends and family.

    Where I am really going to differ with most the folks here is on the public education thing... it ain't the schools fault.. and it ain't the guns fault.. and it ain't the goverments fault and it ain't the bankers fault.. it's all on the individual.. pure and simple.
    There is teaching and there is learning .. never confuse the two what they teach is not exactly what is learned... what is learned (disasteriously unfortunately) is that it is somebody elses responsibiity to teach you/them/the kids and not that it is the individuals responsibility to learn what they want to know.. the truth IS out there.. on every subject.. somewhere.. and with the internet we need only look and with a passion read past the headline or topic line.. what's dumbed down for some is way to fast and advanced for others.. the public education system by necessity has to aim for the lowest common denominator.. for several reasons.. everybody needs to be able to read and do simple math and have some very basic and fundamental understanding of the rules and structure of society.. anything more than that has got to come from some deep seated passion to know every detail of the lives of the snail species living on the Island of Broato or the flight feather arrangement of the Lesser Speckled Warbler or the production numbers and variants of the Mosin Nagant or the silver market or that economics is a philosophy and not a math thingy...
    Never give a kid or a friend the excuse of a lousy education system to fall back on.. make them think it's all on them to learn what they WANT to know or what makes them curious.. and just because YOU want to specalize in predicting economic disasters doesn't mean they have to want to know the same.. we need somebody to understand , in depth and detail the lives of those snails on the Island of Borato.
    Think about this for a minute.. if everybody's kid is taught everything they need to know.. how in the heck is your brighter than average better looking than average kid going to get an advantage thru your exceptonal parenting and guidance?... can't happen if everybody has a superior education.

    Of course.. if you truely have your preps squared away you should be calm and unflappable in the face of disaster.. if you are calm and inflappable as disaster looms.. folks will notice and want your wisdom... and then and only then can you be wise in their eyes... they will become blind to your craziness an see your wisdom.. just as they had been blind to your wisdom and could see your craziness before..
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneRanger View Post
    Where I am really going to differ with most the folks here is on the public education thing... it's all on the individual.. pure and simple.
    True enough, but like everything, if the "establishment" makes failing so confoundedly easy to do... We aren't talking about 30 and 40somethings in school, we are talking children. Children who need guidance and support exactly because they are still learning and not "old enough to know better". Where is the wisdom from above to help those who truly do not have wisdom? Children cannot make wise choices because they aren't old enough to be wise yet! They can't make educated decisions if they aren't allowed a chance at attaining a basic quality education.

    I know a handful of teachers, from retired to first-years, and they all say the education system is a disaster and a disgrace. Teachers are now nothing more than neutered babysitters. It's the system and its administrators who make it so very easy for children to drift through their education without ever getting one. Hell, I spent some time in college and university and found out very quickly how much of a sham even "higher" education is! Education does not equal intelligence by any means.

    It would be good of the "suits" to remember that children truly are the future of the planet, and for them to "stupid down" the education system so everyone can be "equal" is nothing less than a death blow to all. It's public school, what kind of public do we want to produce?

    As an answer to the thread, not so sure people are "so blind" as much as they are "so uneducated". They were never cultivated to think, so they just don't. And that makes for easily entertain-able (and controllable) masses.

    In the immortal words of Emerson, "Self-reliance".
    Last edited by maplesilverbug; 30th May 2009 at 08:12.
    Caedite eos.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Well .. I think it's the parents that raise and educate the kids and give them the very support , wisdom , and guidance you are concerned about. I'ved raise two and I am helping with 3 grandkids... both my kids managed to get thru Post Grad and have profesional carrers.. but then they went to silvan and other outside of public school learning enviroments and had to do a lot of book reports for me.. as well as get black belts and qualify for conceal carry and learn interior decorating and write Hiaku and wildcraft a balanced meal and trap a squirrel and cook a gourmet meal, balance a bank account, what money really is and how to make money work and earn their own money for college and have a job by 15 when I cut off their allowances. ( I did pay off all their student loans... but only after they graduated and they didn't know I was going to do that).
    I counted on the public schools precisely to provide a mediocre education to their peers and competiitors.

    If you know the faults of the world. or public education, or whatever, you use that to your ( and yours) advantage and you teach your kids to do the same... not to take unfair advantage of other people, but to take full advantage of the system, faults and all.
    Maybe it just works for me and is different for other parents.. I don't know
    Last edited by TheLoneRanger; 30th May 2009 at 08:59.
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •