Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Why are most people so blind? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

Talking

I really don't think there is such a thing as "Racism" in this country anymore with the exception of a VERY small minority. Racism was pretty much done away with by the 80's. But it's still a big money maker.

The fact of the matter is that it is the BEHAVIOR of certain groups of people that attract animosity from the masses. The government just keeps the "race" issue strried up through the mainsteam media for the divisive action they need for their agenda.

The fact of the matter is that the loudest voices screaming "Racism" are the most racist, biggoted, American hating pieces of #$@! this country has to offer. Without government meddling and media propoganda I think everyone would get along just fine.

It's a scam just like Feminism, Global Warming, Foriegn Aid, The War on Drugs "A Strong Dollar policy", Social Security, Nationalized Health Care, the IRS and every other lie they have stuffed down our throats.

They get richer and more powerful while we (irregardless of color) get poorer or stay poor. Foriegn aid and welfare haven't done **** for anybody $7 trillion and 70 years later and they never will.

3 points on education:

1. Some kids are stupid. If we could just admit that? Then we could help the dumb kids and the smart ones alike.

2. Some teachers are BAD. There are bad plumbers,doctors,mechanics and parents. How come you never hear about bad teachers? Programs that test kids are there to tell us which kids are stupid and deserve our help. BUT dont forget, programs that test kids are also there to tell us which teachers are BAD. The great thing about bad teachers is the fact that we dont need to help them. Just get rid of them.

3. You have the right to fail. Lets accept this as reality. Every one deserves a chance to go to collage, but not every one deserves to go to collage. I learned this in 5th grade, the teacher had a giant banner that said "You have the right to fail, Grow up or else".

Lightbulb Here I go again with Finland...

An interesting article:

What Makes Finnish Kids So Smart? (Wall Street Journal)
    Date Posted: 02/29/2008

Finland's teens score extraordinarily high on an international test. American educators are trying to figure out why.
    By ELLEN GAMERMAN

Helsinki, Finland

High-school students here rarely get more than a half-hour of homework a night. They have no school uniforms, no honor societies, no valedictorians, no tardy bells and no classes for the gifted. There is little standardized testing, few parents agonize over college and kids don't start school until age 7.

Yet by one international measure, Finnish teenagers are among the smartest in the world. They earned some of the top scores by 15-year-old students who were tested in 57 countries. American teens finished among the world's C students even as U.S. educators piled on more homework, standards and rules. Finnish youth, like their U.S. counterparts, also waste hours online. They dye their hair, love sarcasm and listen to rap and heavy metal. But by ninth grade they're way ahead in math, science and reading -- on track to keeping Finns among the world's most productive workers.

The Finns won attention with their performances in triennial tests sponsored by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, a group funded by 30 countries that monitors social and economic trends. In the most recent test, which focused on science, Finland's students placed first in science and near the top in math and reading, according to results released late last year. An unofficial tally of Finland's combined scores puts it in first place overall, says Andreas Schleicher, who directs the OECD's test, known as the Programme for International Student Assessment, or PISA. The U.S. placed in the middle of the pack in math and science; its reading scores were tossed because of a glitch. About 400,000 students around the world answered multiple-choice questions and essays on the test that measured critical thinking and the application of knowledge. A typical subject: Discuss the artistic value of graffiti.
    Read more at: http://www.sanders.senate.gov/news/record.cfm?id=295091

Not everyone is going to be smart and not everyone will be able to conform to our education system in order to excel. I did well in school until the 7th grade, prior to that I was always among the top students in my class. I just stopped giving a **** but in high school I remember one time I was failing French class. I put forth some serious effort after the first semester and ended up having the top grade average at the end of second semester. I was extremely capable (and still am) but never applied myself in primary school unless absolutely necessary.

I think the problem is our system and the fact that most schools typically base a student on thier test-taking skills versus their academic capabilities and intellectual capacity otherwise. They want to mold you in their image rather than building on your strengths and improving on your weaknesses.

Public schools are built for the average, because that's where the most people are (the big bulge in the middle).

You build MIT's etc for the sharp-end-of-the-stick kids, and you invent 2-year "certificates" for the dumb kids. The bulge people fill in the rest. Sad fact is that a lot of ignorant and/or bulgy types make it into the higher-up positions because they are the best at kissing ass and displaying other lowly traits when the bright people just can't be bothered to fight amongst the crowd for the "big piece of meat". So the bright people end up squirreled away some where doing stuff that makes society a better place, while the rest of us use and abuse it. (Like my racist boss. Anyone have an extra shiv?)

End of story.

You can make up whatever facts you want, but where you are is where you are. Period.

Just wish I could go back to good ol' grade 1 and do it all over again!
    I'd take a lot more kickboxing lessons this time 'round...and use 'em even more!
    Caedite eos.

Talking

You make a LOT of very valid points, Maple. I know exactly what you mean about fighting over "the big piece of meat". I've never wanted to bother with that type of garbage.

Working in the government you see the butt-snorkling and fighting over the big piece of meat even more I would think since the vast majority of government jobs shouldn't even exist to begin with.

They have way to many employees where they don't need them and in most cases too many where they actually do need them as well. Case in point. This country doesn't need 16 or 17 "security agencies" unless what they are doing is un-cionstitutional.

I reaaly would like to know the deal with your "racist boss" but I can see that opening up a can of worms on the forum. Since you work for the gov I can only imagine since the government itself is one huge biggoted organization who picks and chooses who should have what. LOL.

Ha! So get this....the government for which I work has said because of the current economic conditions that no public service employee (of which I am one <shudder> ) will be getting a raise within the next year (365 days). So what do they, the most awesome-est government ever, do? They give out raises across the board the DAY BEFORE the budget comes out! Ha!

And these aren't just skimpy raises either. I received a 7.5% raise and I'm pretty bottom-rungy. I can just imagine what the a-holes with offices and secretaries got.

Whoopee! Sure, I'm making more money now, but I'm also going to have to pay a lot more in taxes for everyone else's raises too! I wonder if this fiscal fact will be reported and made public? Why are politicians so effin' slimy!?!

Guess that just means 7.5% more silver for my booty!
    Caedite eos.

I've been a mostly inactive member (not Canadian, and don't like haggage) of Jeff's Bullion Bulls Canada from since almost the beginning.
    Pretty much most everything that Jeff writes makes a whole lot of sense to me.
    He seems thoroughly honest.
    I was really impressed by his PM giveaways back in the day.
    I wonder if he still has that tradition?

Reginald "DEMCAD" has always been on my short YouTube list.
    His messages have been simple, and I've enjoyed watching the young brother grow over the years.
    Guns, survival, and pop culture is the majority of his message, with an occasional observation about personal relationships often ending with a specific question.
    I used to drop an occasional answer until YT became Google and as a result nowadays I don't explicitly log in.
    Yet they still track my use.

I was delighted to see them hook up! This is very much worth watching.

Jeff Nielson & DEMCAD: $5000 SILVER! Cheap Oil Failed to Save Zombie Economy!
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K