Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Why are most people so blind?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are most people so blind?

akak Guest

Default Why are most people so blind?

Although this topic may have been addressed here before, I would really like to get some insight from all of you on this critical and puzzling phenomena: Why do most Americans, with the evidence of massive political corruption, the decay if not death of any meaningful possibility of political change, the complicity of the corporate media with the financial oligarchy's takeover of this nation, the overwhelming lies and disinformation spread by the powers-that-be in all contrast to the obvious truth, the decine in their standards of living and liberties, the routine usurpation of power by a exponentially metastisizing federal government ----- when all of this is staring them straight in the face, WHY and HOW can and do they still remain in such complete denial and/or complacency of all these facts and the blatant truth right under their noses?

Sometimes I almost feel that my head is literally going to explode, so angry, fustrated and enraged do I feel --- not just at the political and financial establishments, evil as they are, but at all their enablers in the general population! Are we collectively truly THAT stupid and dumb-downed? Is there something in the water that makes them so tuned-out? Have most of us been taken over by alien pod-people?

I have tried and tried to talk to many friends and relatives along these lines, and not one in ten will even begin to truly listen or try to understand. Worse than that, I usually just get the same old bullshit lines: "Enough with all your gloom and doom!" "Oh, things are not that bad --- you're just exaggerating!" "The government is only doing what it thinks is best", blah blah blah, bahhh bahhh bahhhhh.

Am I alone in feeling almost like I am living among aliens, or indifferent slugs who have taken the shape of humans?

Default I'll Say, But With More Sincere Emotions

Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 8th January 2010 at 15:38.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The answer to your question is simple.People as a whole fear change.It's better to sit in the ****, in the stink there used to and have decisions made for you them,then to step out into the unknown.Society has become a bunch of little birds afraid to leave the nest when they need a swift kick in the ass and learn to fly.Trust me I know I spent my whole life enslaved to fear.Fear of life,success,failure,everything.I believe Susie Q stated the acronym in another thread FEAR (**** Everything And Run) or FEAR (Face Everything And Recover).The greatest gift God gave us was the ability to have freedom of choice and yet we as a people choose to not make one,not realizing that by not choosing were still making a choice.I believe it was Eisenhower that said:
    "There is no such thing as a bad decision so long as you have the strength to choose.For more is lost through indecision than by making one"
    Last edited by LoboNoches; 30th April 2009 at 18:22. Reason: Poor Spelling
    "I know where Daddy keeps his Silver Shhhhhh"(I loves my precious hehehe)

Default Thanks, Lobo

Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 8th January 2010 at 20:25.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I believe the saying goes "When the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change we change"Funny it's a double edge sword.The ability to withstand pain in the face of adversity is one of humankinds greatest strengths and yet it has become a crutch.Sometimes we must surrender to win in other aspects we must fight to survive.However this little play unfolds one thing is for sure it will be one hell of a show
    "I know where Daddy keeps his Silver Shhhhhh"(I loves my precious hehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    Am I alone in feeling almost like I am living among aliens, or indifferent slugs who have taken the shape of humans?
    The survey says it's mostly indifferent slugs, I was unable to get any opinions
    out of the aliens because I don't speak spanish.

Both comments are my own speculation based on 3 years of working at a
    polling firm. A more scientific study would cost more.

Although I am unable to explain the widespread blindness, the deafness is
    largely attributed to listening to music too loud.
    Last edited by fansubs_ca; 1st May 2009 at 01:57.

I've pondered over this for years, especially over the past 2-3 years as things continue to get worse by the day with no real hope in sight (and if you say that Barry O'Bama brings hope I'll cut all the toes off on one of your feet). I got to a point where I was about to explode but just kinda shutdown and now just don't care to think about it so much.

What I think is that people are so consumed with what is going on in their own lives and the lives of those they care about that they don't have time to care about why things are bad and getting worse around them in national and governmental matters. I think this is intrinsic to the American spirit, until people are directly affected by such they simply want to be left to live their own lives on their own terms. For me, nothing has truely affected me that much. My mother brought that to my attention a little over a year ago when I was getting a bit overzealous with her in a conversation about my negative feelings towards America.

We can sit around and discuss every poor aspect of American society indefinately, but I think time would be better spent thinking about how we are affected and work to solve any problems we face. My mother just called me yesterday to tell me that her husband is getting fired the day before his employer will be offering early retirement, yes he was directly told that by his boss... what a raw deal, eh? Should I be more concerned with that and how I can help them if needs be or with the astronomically high national budget defecit? Should I care more about Chrysler's bankruptcy or the fact that my father will never truly be able to retire because his 401k was bleeding money in 4th quarter 2008 and how I can help him invest for his future.

I have a liberal friend who has told me since my latest personal revolution that I need to care more because all these national and global issues matter and affect all of us. To me, no they don't because I'm still living my life like I was back in 2006 when I began to "care" like he still does and since then nothing has much changed. All the political activism I took part in didn't make ONE bit of difference in my life or the lives of anyone that I know. I don't mean to sound apathetic or selfish as that is how I may be percieved, I do believe that it is more important to be focused on what is important to me personally as compared to that which I cannot affect and have no stake in.

There are certainly a lot of people out there who are in a TV induced stupor who will never "get it", because they simply do not have the tools to grasp what is happenning around them.

Many of us here spend a good bit of time researching macro economics, political trends, foreign government, the military industrial complex, etc. etc. Most of the people in the U.S. simply go about their day without ever giving a thought to any of the aforementioned.

The real tragedy is that it is by design. The government stopped giving us real information a long time ago, and substituted it with the statistics we see each month by DOL, BLS etc. The last two generations have been brought up in a sound bite world with the television as a babysitter. There is little or no interaction between adults and their children, so the only information these two lost generations got was from the school system [read: government] or the television. We let the schools babysit the kids during the day and the TV to do it at night.

We are faced with the reality that these two generations are coming of age, and have been completely indoctrinated in the way of the government through the ridiculous liberal schmack they were taught in school, and the garbage on TV that is supposed to be considered entertainment.

I weep for our future.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post
    People are waking up. But: will they do it in time?!

No........
    TRUTH is not dependent on one's belief of it...
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"Get Real"

Quote Originally Posted by Ancona View Post
    There are certainly a lot of people out there who are in a TV induced stupor who will never "get it", because they simply do not have the tools to grasp what is happenning around them.

Many of us here spend a good bit of time researching macro economics, political trends, foreign government, the military industrial complex, etc. etc. Most of the people in the U.S. simply go about their day without ever giving a thought to any of the aforementioned.

The real tragedy is that it is by design. The government stopped giving us real information a long time ago, and substituted it with the statistics we see each month by DOL, BLS etc. The last two generations have been brought up in a sound bite world with the television as a babysitter. There is little or no interaction between adults and their children, so the only information these two lost generations got was from the school system [read: government] or the television. We let the schools babysit the kids during the day and the TV to do it at night.

We are faced with the reality that these two generations are coming of age, and have been completely indoctrinated in the way of the government through the ridiculous liberal schmack they were taught in school, and the garbage on TV that is supposed to be considered entertainment.

I weep for our future.
    I totally agree! If adults don't get it, then what will happen to the children?

The amount and type of distractions these days obscures any hint at truth seeking. Or knowing there is a truth to seek for that matter...