Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

selling junk silver coins question

Thread: selling junk silver coins question

Default selling junk silver coins question

What is a good price to sell $100 face bags of junk silver coins these days? I've been offered $14 for $1 face. Does anyone know of a better offer? I have 25 bags at $100 face per bag.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimeman View Post
    What is a good price to sell $100 face bags of junk silver coins these days? I've been offered $14 for $1 face. Does anyone know of a better offer? I have 25 bags at $100 face per bag.

thanks,
    You didn't mention what kind your trying to sell, that can make a difference.

Unless you happen to have bags of BU rated coins, dealers are selling 90% for under $13 face, not likely to pay you more than what something is being sold for. In other words they can buy it for less than buying it from you for $14. However if you have the right item, you can get more than $12 or so face.
    Last edited by valerb; 2nd November 2017 at 13:58.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimeman View Post

thanks,

If I were forced to sell today, I'd consider that a decent price for junk in the current depressed market.
    That's over $19.50 an ounce.
    I'd be forced to sell @ $11.44 FRNs per dollar face without a private party buyer.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post

If I were forced to sell today, I'd consider that a decent price for junk in the current depressed market.
    That's over $19.50 an ounce.
    I'd be forced to sell @ $11.44 FRNs per dollar face without a private party buyer.

If you were forced to sell some of your dimes then you would be far better off doing some online searching for a better deal.

Gainesville pays $11.77 and Provident is offering $12.22 per face without doing any searching of my own.

However each dealer has their own specific rules that you must meet where Gainesville has no minimum amount to receive $11.77 face value, while most dealers do set a minimum buy back quantity or Dollar value.

One thing is for certain, 90% is not the investment product dealers were making it out to be for the past several years.

It is useful as a potential fractional coin in the rare chance you might need something, but it has taken a serious beating for those that have paid $4 and $5 an ounce over spot and now it's selling for well under $1 over spot on a weekly basis at multiple dealers.

As it turns out, fractional .999 Silver would have been a better investment for 1/4 and 1/2 ounce rounds since they would have cost less per ounce and still have a higher resale value to spot.

But now 90% is back to it's more traditional market value and can also function as that rare coin if needed at the wrong time in history without worrying about taking a substantial beating on the premium paid for the product.

I've never been a fan of 90%, but it has it's place and potential function as long as your not over paying for the product.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!