Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
After the reset, Jefferson nickel = clad Washington quarter

Thread: After the reset, Jefferson nickel = clad Washington quarter

Lightbulb After the reset, Jefferson nickel = clad Washington quarter

I remember when 5 could buy a candy bar, and penny candy was substantial.
    Now the 25 boxes of candy have about the same quantity as one to two penny candies from my youth.
    So equating the quarter and nickel after the fed goes away seemed really not so far fetched.

To check my thinking I went to Coinflation.com.

20 Washington quarters
    Base Metal Coin Melt Value Calculation
    Generated on August 24, 2017.

Values Used:
    Total Face Value: $5
    Coin Type: 1965-2014 Washington Quarter
    Copper Price: $2.9740 / pound
    Nickel Price: $5.2993 / pound

Answer:
    Total melt value is $0.79.
    (Exact value is $0.79193769301006)

20 Jefferson Nickels
    Base Metal Coin Melt Value Calculation
    Generated on August 24, 2017.

Values Used:
    Total Face Value: $1
    Coin Type: 1946-2014 Jefferson Nickel
    Copper Price: $2.9740 / pound
    Nickel Price: $5.2993 / pound

Answer:
    Total melt value is $0.78.
    (Exact value is $0.78381499164515. $0.29207391625415 worth of nickel, $0.491741075391 of copper.)

Zinc pennies would likely not be used for much.
    Real pennies might get melted into a more useful larger form factor.

I believe that fractional forms of real money such as constitutional dimes, quarters, and halves, as well as the 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 ounce silver rounds will be useful forms to possess for commerce.
    Silver dollars and one ounce rounds or bars will be for larger purchases.
    Over 10 ounce bars and any poured pieces will be suspect.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

You almost sound like Ted Butler with this reset thing.

Ted puts out a speculation one week and a couple weeks later it's no longer a speculation but somehow turned into a known fact.

Now I'm not blaming you for the reset thing at all, butttt, how did a theory of a potential default of all currencies and some agreed worldwide reset somehow turn into a known fact just waiting to take place?

Actually if there is a reset, then wouldn't all the countries be using their own currencies or a common currency based on some agreed new value to start this reset.

I mean isn't that what the term reset actually means, to start over at a new starting point. You use the term to start from scratch with Gold and Silver and anything of tangible value period. I can't imagine nickel having much value, but then if there is nothing left!!

That's not a reset, that's a dog eat dog world that we can all hope we never see. Yes the small percentage of us with Gold and Silver might be OK, but I can't imagine the millions that would lose trillions in their IRA, 401K, stocks and bonds.

That's the one prediction I'll make, it's not going to happen short of a worldwide catastrophe that destroys our governments and then we are all screwed with the chaos that would follow.

As long as we have a government, we will have a functioning currency. It might have to be replaced by a new one or the current one will be inflated.

Going back for years I've always said the police and military could never handle a nationwide civil uprising, they are just to out numbered without using massive force and the military would not use that against their own people, at least not under the current command structure and I don't believe you could get the soldiers to fight against their own people. Maybe against one organized side that is out of control, but not the masses.

If there was no government, there would be no control over the mobs looting and it would take groups of people to band together to defend themselves against the lawless groups.

I'd like to think with hundreds of millions of guns in this country and mostly held by honest law biding citizens, they would prevail in a lawless society. I just hope none of my children ever live to see anything like this. I know I sure don't...
    Last edited by valerb; 24th August 2017 at 19:09.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!