Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

annoying system problem on SliverSeek.com and this forum

Thread: annoying system problem on SliverSeek.com and this forum

Default annoying system problem on SliverSeek.com and this forum

Someone has been playing games again with these two sites. I just noticed it tonight when I tried to link to a page and was re-directed to another web site using my cellphone. I had the same experience with my tablet.

Internet Explorer and Chrome did the same thing by either being redirected or by adding new sites with additional tabs each time you select something on these pages..

If your using I.E. and having difficulties with being re-directed or seeing additional web sites tabs being added each time you click on something, you can change your security setting for internet to "high".

I wouldn't leave it on the HIGH setting as it may impact other sites you visit and your ability to interact with them and Java's use.

A lot of users do not interact with many sites and keep their setting on High to begin with so you would not see this problem in I.E.

Someone else may know how to fix this redirection problem for those using Chrome if it's happening to you, I'm not big on using Chrome myself.

You can install Adblock Plus from https://adblockplus.org/ and that will stop this annoying crap or probably any number of other popup blocking software products.

Google's does not and neither does I.E.. At least I.E. popup blocker tries, but not very successfully.

I had this installed before and I found there to be some conflicts with the anti-virus software that I just couldn't work around so I removed it, but it's doing the job for both I.E. and Chrome.

I can't vouch for the product as there is a catch in all free products and most that are not free as well. They do allow certain popups to get through, but it sure won't be any of these.

You can enable or disable it altogether or just for certain sites.

Hopefully someone from SilverSeek will fix this problem. No telling what else is lurking in the shadows this time.
    Last edited by valerb; 18th June 2017 at 04:59.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Thank G😶D for Firefox and UBUNTU Linux.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Thank G��D for Firefox and UBUNTU Linux.

I turned on my smallest tablet that I almost never use and the problem is still here as of Tuesday June 20th.

Rather than install another adblocker, I decided to take SHB's advice and install Firefox on that system.

It killed two birds with a single stone. One, the re-direction problems is gone and Two, the problem with not being able to read the entire COT report has been solved.

Not only can I read this weeks COT report but every COT report as if there was never a problem at all.

adblocker still seems to be the easier choice between the two if your just looking to solve the re-direction problem, plus it beats the hell out of any popup stopper I have.

It is easy to use on I.E. and android systems, not as sure about Chrome.

Plus, management will probably fix their problem so everyone can again read the COT report from any system.

Firefox is a new system that requires starting over in many ways, so unless your willing to go back to the drawing board, you may not want to try that option.

If your not into using a ton of links and things you've created on your system, then Firefox can probably be an easy transition and probably a better move than a simple adblocker.

I can't say much about Firefox other than what it's done already for me from the get go, but it's too much effort for me to put into changing things on a system I never really use to try it out, maybe one day...
    Last edited by valerb; 21st June 2017 at 17:53.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!