Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Today looks to be a good day to buy silver. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today looks to be a good day to buy silver.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    I hope that you are kidding and not being naturally dense. Large as in ounce might be too much silver to spend in most cases, not the size silly.

How did you manage to miss the information that followed, did you honestly think I was talking about how a 1/4 ounce Silver round worth only $4.25 would be a fear factor?

"Yes it weighs more, but there is no other comparison that can be made other than to say that 1/4 ounce Silver round "might" be too dangerous to have on your possession in your Mad Maxx world. But then in your Mad Maxx world, having anything of value would more than likely be a dangerous thing to possess when it comes to caveman rules only with guns in hand."

Remember your the one that thinks Silver is going to be worth $3,100 an ounce and Mad Maxx world scenario's not me, I'm thinking $100 an ounce is a nice target to "hope" for some day, short of hyper-inflation of course. However it still has to find a way past the $50 wall and it's a long way to that wall from here.

It's funny how two people can share so many of the same ideas and goals and yet be so far apart.

We are both Si
    lver stackers. You prefer 90% over .999 and I prefer .999 over 90%, but we both prefer the smaller sizes. Although the bulk of mine is in one ounce rounds and nothing larger.

You prefer them for your Mad Maxx world as a survival currency and I prefer them as a hedge against the government setting taxes on the sale of any precious metal items over X $ value in the future. Although I have a small percentage of my stack in fractional Silver just incase something bad should happen.

We are both Survivalist so to speak. Different extremes in the some directions, probably do to financial considerations I'm sure.

Guns, Ammo, and water filtration systems are pretty much the same, then it differs. I'm into solar if and when I might need it, but I have no use for it other than to store it for a rainy day. I store nothing but long term storage food that I've actually eaten and am willing to eat on a regular basis. It costs a small fortune, but it's well worth the price if you ever have to actually live off this stuff. Canned meat up the ying yang, but that supply is slowly being used (650 of 700 pounds left). Real canned cheese both physical and freeze dried. Plenty of Milk substitute, powdered sucks. You name it and I've got it stashed away, but not a single can of any of that fake crap. I've tried numerous products that are dehydrated fakes and they almost all suck. If it's not real don't expect it to taste like it, especially so called meat and dairy. Nothing like being in a bad situation and having to eat garbage for survival versus dealing with a bad situation and still eating the same kinds of food your use to. What kind of bread or anything else can you expect to make out of ground up winter wheat you've been storing forever? Yes it can work, but it's not going to meet your expectations for anything your taste buds have been accustomed to. Store physical flour and throw it away if you out last it's life expectancy. It's cheap and it's something you can use if your so inclined before it goes bad. Store plenty of canned goods, not the type you have to do yourself but right off the shelf that you might already eat such as canned beans, they last for many years and you can rotate them into your normal food chain. These things are so much cheaper than trying to store dehydrated garbage that is fake food. But not all is actually bad. Many of the bake products are great, but they have a much shorter shelf life than the 20 or 30 years some items claim and not all that expensive to make a couple loaves of bread in your easy bake oven.

I've experimented with this stuff myself, I didn't make my wife do it. Yes I made the bread myself and it was really easy in a bread maker, but it works just as well in an oven, but that's not how I would do it unless I had to. And yes I have everything I need to make solar ovens, if I ever need to. Easy to make but useless to just have setting around taking up space.

I have no plans on repopulating the planet with new strains of vegetables in my backyard, I'll be lucky to keep what's stored in my house from anyone else.

I am prepared for chemical and biological attacks if I have enough warning. We can survive for an indefinite period of time corralled in a two room area of the house for just us and the dogs. It was expensive, but far better than trying to live with a gas mask and no other protection. Nothing like living near the government test labs. Nuclear is not an option and neither is a direct blast from any source of explosive device, heavy falling object or meteor .

I'm not in fear of the government collapsing or the dollar turning to dust, that's for the Mad Maxx people to worry about. I worry about natural disasters or a major epidemic striking that wipes out everyone who comes in contact with anyone else. Keep supplying me with electricity and I can hold out for months in those two room if I need to or until an emergency happens. Solar can be useful to operate the system but I don't know about it's long term capabilities. But then how long can an airborne virus stay around or be contagious if everyone who is going to die is already dead. Sooner or later I have to come out for more water in the basement or from another source to be filtered.

I don't think that's accurate. Maybe you meant 337/4 times greater?

Your right, that's what I get for doing things in the middle of "my" night at 4PM
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Default non destructive enhancements to increase visual appeal therefore greater worth

Man this stainless steel shot is over a buck an ounce, and that's for the 28 gram type of ounce.
    https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Tum...dp/B06XXYPZ91/
    However if the shot is taken care of properly, then I expect it's s one time purchase.

$5.00 (50 ct) 90% Silver Coins - BU - (Dimes) by US Mint

Price: $106.72 & FREE Shipping
    Only 2 left in stock - order soon.

I intend to clean all my junk Roosevelt dimes and Washington quarters so they will look like real silver!

Then for even more fun I may even artificially tone a few.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Wow this is an even worse deal than the above offer for genuine Roosevelt dimes!
    And they are also sold on Amazon.

Mixed Pre-1965 US Silver Coins - $1.00 Face Value
    Price: $19.50 & FREE Shipping

The $20+ per $1 face above was for BU, not totally bad if one is a new collector without any stash or much knowledge.
    But these.... let's just say it sure looks like there's a potential market for 'refurbished' shiny.
    At least it comes in a gift quality velveteen pouch.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

I intend to clean all my junk Roosevelt dimes and Washington quarters so they will look like real silver!

Then for even more fun I may even artificially tone a few.

That's a great idea for those idiots that don't know any better who will buy anything on Amazon and think it's a great price and product.

And why would you even link a product for sale so far over a realistic sales price for a roll of dimes without saying it's a ridiculous price to pay.

Shiny new 90% should be a real eye catching product to try and pass for Silver if you ever need to.

50+ years old, been through the mill and still shines like God always intended, must not have been made in Canada!!!!
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Wow this is an even worse deal than the above offer for genuine Roosevelt dimes!
    And they are also sold on Amazon.

Mixed Pre-1965 US Silver Coins - $1.00 Face Value
    Price: $19.50 & FREE Shipping

The $20+ per $1 face above was for BU, not totally bad if one is a new collector without any stash or much knowledge.
    But these.... let's just say it sure looks like there's a potential market for 'refurbished' shiny.
    At least it comes in a gift quality velveteen pouch.

At least you had the decency to add a somewhat disclaimer to this overpriced product, but then to claim there is a potential market because someone cleaned them.

$100 face bags are selling at 99 ($12.74 face value) an ounce over spot which is becoming more often a competitive price at these large dealers this year and for much smaller quantities.

You can buy $1 face value of mixed 90% coins for only $12.68 at Gainesville and probably many other dealers from coast to coast if you shop around, but Gainesville price is constantly changing with the spot.

Dealers don't typically list their 90% by face value as it changes with the spot price by the second, so they list it by the amount over spot which will equal the same thing when extended out.

Comparing the amount over spot makes it much easier for us to compare one dealer with another versus trying to catch equal face value prices with the same spot price.

Clean them yourself, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes you will have to pay for shipping out of Gainesville, but it sure won't equal an extra $7 per face value you want to purchase.
    Last edited by valerb; 15th June 2017 at 18:18.

deleted by member
    Last edited by valerb; 15th June 2017 at 17:38.

Cool next, silver tonling chemicals from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    That's a great idea for those idiots that don't know any better who will buy anything on Amazon and think it's a great price and product.

And why would you even link a product for sale so far over a realistic sales price for a roll of dimes without saying it's a ridiculous price to pay.
    Maybe because I expected people to read the next message???

Shiny new 90% should be a real eye catching product to try and pass for Silver if you ever need to.

50+ years old, been through the mill and still shines like God always intended, must not have been made in Canada!!!!
    Pass for silver? It is silver old man.

This for example,
    will be an ounce of shiny once my grubby old quarters and dimes are processed.
    Add a 15 pouch https://smile.amazon.com/GYBest-100-...dp/B00T9H39XK/
    along with an inkjet printed fancy (half index card) 3"x2" certificate containing the following fine print,

U.S. Dimes are 2.50 grams and U.S. Quarters are 6.25 grams
    Four dimes weigh 10 grams, and 4 quarters weigh 25 grams.
    4 dimes + 4 quarters ($1.40 in face value) = 35 grams of coin silver in 8 pieces.
    35 grams of 90% coin silver contains 31.5 grams of pure silver. (35g x 0.90 = 31.5g)

1 troy ounce= 31.1g

Some slight wearing of the coins is factored into these calculations.
    Consider the original 31.5 grams of silver contained in the $1.40 face of constitutional coins,
    as slightly reduced by a percent or two to be equal to a troy ounce.

and these should make nifty gifts come Christmas.

Pass for silver? It is silver old man.
    In a world where everyone in concerned about fake Silver, cleaned coins like these would indeed be suspect if ever needed in your Mad Maxx world, as 50+ year old coins would not be expected to shine at all.

Good show, are trying to line up customers for a potential cheap black velvet bag rip off on shiny old quarters and dimes as if they were keepsake items at approximately $6 over melt value after paying for postage.

Is that your link at: Phanatic Sports Memorabilia, posted above - or are you using him to try and justify your own screwing by throwing in a beautiful 15 black velvet bag?

I recommend you highly polish all your Mercury Dimes like this as a shiny example for everyone.........
    Last edited by valerb; 16th June 2017 at 20:49.

Thumbs up Vale the next time I want bad advice, I'll be sure to ask your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    I recommend you highly polish all your Mercury Dimes like this as a shiny example for everyone.........
    Your recommendation is not good.

Don't Clean Junk Silver - Unless You Like Shiny Stuff

I agree with this YouTuber's strategy, except for his cleaning of those Franklins.

Your recommendation is not good.

Don't Clean Junk Silver - Unless You Like Shiny Stuff

I agree with this YouTuber's strategy, except for his cleaning of those Franklins.
    It's dumb to polish 90%, but since you seem to be bringing it up as part of a pre-sales pitch, I thought it would be good for you to do the same for all your 90%.

And don't play dumb, you always come right up to the line without crossing it. This is not a site for hustling buyers for products on Amazon, Ebay or direct sales, so knock off the crap. Sell you junk Silver for obscene profits to people that don't know any better or care, just don't try using our Silver Forum for your sales pitch. You know it's not allowed!!
    Last edited by valerb; 17th June 2017 at 12:14.