Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I'd Say It's Time To Take Up Residence Here

Thread: I'd Say It's Time To Take Up Residence Here

Default I'd Say It's Time To Take Up Residence Here

Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 8th January 2010 at 21:27.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will say that I do my fair share of screwing off on this site but I would rather discussion be primarily about silver with some fun on the side. Throw in some politics, world news, etc like we usually talk about and we'll have the site going again like it was just a few months ago. It really changed from smooth pavement to rough road with potholes rapidly, hopefully the addition of this SSSF will help the transition back to better ways.

I'm always happy to see newer member with a genuine purpose for the site, they need to be added ASAP in my opinion.

I agree that your number of posts means significantly less than the quality of those posts. To be sure, I am not interested in bantering with folks over off topic minutia, nor am I interested in arguing over the same.

That said, I like the idea of a separate area where folks can engage in intelligent conversation, stay on topic and gain new information without being forced to filter through fluff and hurt feelings.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Ancona View Post
    I agree that your number of posts means significantly less than the quality of those posts. To be sure, I am not interested in bantering with folks over off topic minutia, nor am I interested in arguing over the same.

That said, I like the idea of a separate area where folks can engage in intelligent conversation, stay on topic and gain new information without being forced to filter through fluff and hurt feelings.
    The key to that, sir, will be a decisive and marked attempt by a few steadfast individuals to bring appealing conversation to these here parts.

One thought I had was to watch the "Silver Market" forum (the catch-all of EVERYTHING on SS) and bring up similar points in combination with some jumpstarts of our own, in order to engage each others' intellect, curiosity and vigor. I've taken the liberty of posting a good-ole-standby conversation piece, in hopes of sparking a little debate without drama. Some folks (myself included) do not belong in other forums/sites, so this could be an interesting experiment in rebirth, but a rebirth with a solid contributing base already in tact.

SZQ...I don't know what the world is coming to, if we're on the same side

Agreed.

My time is at a premium for the next few days, but I will try and post when I put out my morning fires.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"