Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Grow something more valuable than gold!!!

Thread: Grow something more valuable than gold!!!

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Grow something more valuable than gold!!!

BURPEE TOMATO Super Sweet 100 Hybrid

At my supermarket a 30 mg seed pack is $2.29
    I got one and there wasn't close to 30 mg in it.
    I got 25 tiny seeds.
    But lets assume that I got the full 30 mg to do the math.
    The reality is that I paid at least twice as much, almost a dime a freakin' seed.

Gold is ~$1,232 per troy ounce (31.1 grams)
    So gold is 1232/31100 = 0.0396 per mg
    Those seeds are 2.79/30 = 0.0763 per mg. or almost double the price of gold.
    Gold is $39.60 a gram.
    Burpee seeds are $76.30 per gram.

What a ripoff.
    Gone of the days of 1.5 g seed packs.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Yes but wait until you get 25 plants pumping out nuclear waste soaked products thanks to that nuclear dump site burning in your backyard. Those things should be worth a fortune to Russian agents needing some local grown products to use on people they want to knock off.

And your worried about eating something caught out of the Pacific ocean.....

I'd have your sister ship some Home Depot bags of top soil from down here and build yourself a greenhouse and use bottled water, then maybe you might not regret planting those seeds in St. Chernobyl USA., formally known as St. Louis.

Maybe you should be more concerned about how in the hell you can get away from that hot zone before it's to late no matter what you eat while you still can eat....
    Last edited by valerb; 12th February 2017 at 17:21.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    Yes but wait until you get 25 plants pumping out nuclear waste soaked products thanks to that nuclear dump site burning in your backyard. Those things should be worth a fortune to Russian agents needing some local grown products to use on people they want to knock off.

And your worried about eating something caught out of the Pacific ocean.....

I'd have your sister ship some Home Depot bags of top soil from down here and build yourself a greenhouse and use bottled water, then maybe you might not regret planting those seeds in St. Chernobyl USA., formally known as St. Louis.

Maybe you should be more concerned about how in the hell you can get away from that hot zone before it's to late no matter what you eat while you still can eat....
    We can't eat something that does not exist!

I do not have a passport to go to the most safe place, and I doubt if the Africans would want me there.

So Vale, serious question. In the US where would you have me evacuate to?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/12...-no-87-and-88/

Atlanta, GA. 1,044 CPM, 208.8 Times Normal

Normal Radiation is 5 to 20 CPM

Vale something is different in your tone.
    Don't you still believe your league's whorprit media propaganda?
    http://projects.sfchronicle.com/2016...food-collapse/
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tox...nds-2017-01-10
    Evil kabbal attack on urban youth: https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...-in-california
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Your own documents show tons of things harvested out of the Pacific, so you can't claim it's a dead body of water.

These documents also point the blame on weather pattern changes that has caused the die off of some things and man made controls of water resources has contributed to the die off of the Salmon population along with warmer weather. So you can't keep blaming all this on those Japanese power plants that have run amuck.

Sh!t happens that changes the course of farming and everything else when there are serious changes in our weather patterns around the globe. Rather we are responsible for all of it or not enough to make a dent, only future historians will probably be able to know the truth.

What collapses in one part of the planet picks up somewhere else. However, I don't know if the oceans can keep supporting the masses on this planet, nuclear problem or not. Same with plant and meat products. You can't keep doubling the population without something giving out sooner or later. Of course there is always Soylent Green that can be used in some places to keep them going a tad longer.

As far as evacuating, no I wouldn't suggest that. Just sell your house and move like a normal person or sell your house and everything in it and pack up an old VW bus and head south. You just have to know after this warm spell, it's going to get really cold and probably more so in the northern states. But I would move as far away from that nuclear dump and fire that is creeping up on it before it's to late. Talk about bad rads in the air.

Now why are you even thinking about planting crops with all the bad things in the air instead of investing in stored goods for tomorrow that you can hide and protect?

You either buy them packaged are package them yourself but it's pretty cheap for a ton of dry goods on sale and I'm not talking about 50 pound bags of beans either. Can't afford to buy a lot of dehydrated food. Buy a used dehydrator and do your own. But pasta is probably the cheapest product to buy and can yourself when on sale.

Fresh vegetables might be nice, but canned are not that bad to eat and not that expensive either.

I just think planning on doing some farming in times of trouble is wishful thinking unless your living in the outback isolated from civilization. Just trying to hide a stash of food would be tough, but waving a green leafy flag in front of starving mouths, well...
    Last edited by valerb; 12th February 2017 at 22:40.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    Your own documents show tons of things harvested out of the Pacific, so you can't claim it's a dead body of water.
    They are not my documents, they are your kabbal's propaganda that you still seem to be implicitly endorsing.

These documents also point the blame on weather pattern changes that has caused the die off of some things and man made controls of water resources has contributed to the die off of the Salmon population along with warmer weather. So you can't keep blaming all this on those Japanese power plants that have run amuck.
    So what's your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid? Grape? Tastes great!

Sh!t happens that changes the course of farming and everything else when there are serious changes in our weather patterns around the globe. Rather we are responsible for all of it or not enough to make a dent, only future historians will probably be able to know the truth.

What collapses in one part of the planet picks up somewhere else. However, I don't know if the oceans can keep supporting the masses on this planet, nuclear problem or not. Same with plant and meat products. You can't keep doubling the population without something giving out sooner or later. Of course there is always Soylent Green that can be used in some places to keep them going a tad longer.
    In a moment of weakness and desire, last week I decided to purchase some fresh fish 👀 one final time in life, some USA "farm raised" catfish, the cleaned and headless whole fish. At the fresh fish counter at the local supermarket last Friday in the 4 PM hour, i noticed that case was practically empty except for chipped ice, parsley sprigs, some gorgeous HUGE obviously farm raised probably GMO salmon fillets, three tiny catfish fillets that when scale weighed equaled to 1.00 pounds in total. I was planning to get 10 pounds and stash it in my freezer. I should go back today and check if any more came in.

As far as evacuating, no I wouldn't suggest that. Just sell your house and move like a normal person or sell your house and everything in it and pack up an old VW bus and head south. You just have to know after this warm spell, it's going to get really cold and probably more so in the northern states. But I would move as far away from that nuclear dump and fire that is creeping up on it before it's to late. Talk about bad rads in the air.
    As clueless as you have consistently been on this Fukushima fallout matter, why should anyone pay any attention to your opinion on how to deal with it?

Now why are you even thinking about planting crops with all the bad things in the air instead of investing in stored goods for tomorrow that you can hide and protect?
    There are many reasons to do both and much more.
    My basement organic salad crop was planted 9 days ago. mesculn, kale, green onion, sweet pepper, radish, and determinate tomatoes
    The power cost is roughly equivalent to the produce savings assuming that you are buying non organic.
    If you are buying organic produce then you can actually save a bit of money by growing indoors.
    In my case I'm replacing non-organic produce with organic, and that's just one reason.

I'll never recover my equipment cost https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1_4&pldnSite=1
    unless the price of food goes up significantly.
    Right now my indo grow operation is a hobby and an insurance policy.
    I'll be investigating hoop housing for a few of my back yard plants based on this recommendation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRP3K9JwHIE
    And I plan on renting this in about 5 to 6 weeks. http://www6.homedepot.com/tool-truck...912/index.html
    I'm getting my neighbor to call up the underground utility marking service so he can use it as well.
    That'll make three of us with substantial gardens on the block of about 12 homes.

You either buy them packaged are package them yourself but it's pretty cheap for a ton of dry goods on sale and I'm not talking about 50 pound bags of beans either. Can't afford to buy a lot of dehydrated food. Buy a used dehydrator and do your own. But pasta is probably the cheapest product to buy and can yourself when on sale.

Fresh vegetables might be nice, but canned are not that bad to eat and not that expensive either.

I just think planning on doing some farming in times of trouble is wishful thinking unless your living in the outback isolated from civilization. Just trying to hide a stash of food would be tough, but waving a green leafy flag in front of starving mouths, well...
    You are correct about the starving humans, but incorrect with anything attractive about green and leafy. Food zombies prefer flesh.

More importantly, for long term, after the zombies have been dealt with, you better know how to get food without going to your store.
    There is much to learn about successful cultivation of many good foods, and finding wild food in the warm months is also rewarding.

One last thing for the readers who are interested in eating healthy food, obtain some bentonite clay to add a pinch into water as a soaking bath for your leafy veggies grown outdoors.

Ok, these are your documents posted above not taken from somewhere else concerning the facts. If you don't care for these facts, you should hide them like you hide your head in the sand.

Go to the store earlier in the day, the meat counter only sets out so much meat and sea food each day. I'm surprised your Aldi's store actually has fresh fish...

The Japanese nuclear plants have nothing to do with your own disaster taking place in your backyard, it can only compound your problem. They are two separate disasters, one major today and the other in the batters box.

It's cute that you are still believing in Dollar bills turning to dust and fictional zombies roaming our streets.

I believe you really need to rethink purchasing that $189 grow lamp for your basement. It will only provide coverage for 9 square feet of growing space and requires over 250 watts of power to operate. Nice concept but when your world is turned upside down, where are you going to get the 250 plus watts of continuous power to run that grow lamp? That's a number of solar panels far in excess beyond those requirements to feed a battery bank to store power to cover cloudy days. Of couse you can use it today to produce something in your basement, but it won't be a cheap product, especially considering how much power that lamp consumes. I just wouldn't count on it for survival unless you have figured out how to overcome your power needs.

Just think about how much food you can buy with $189 for long term storage that will not require any power source to grow if ever needed. Canning and dehydrating should be your solution for long term survival if you can't afford to out right buy everything you need. Besides you don't have to keep this stuff forever if you do it right. Only do the things you eat today and rotate them into your diet so as nothing goes bad over time. People go crazy spending money on crap they may never have a chance to use and in many cases it's a waste of money. They buy whole wheat to store for that dreaded day, but then have to purchase equipment to process that wheat into a firm they can actually consume. Might be worthwhile if your buying enough bulk wheat for a large number of people. Why not simply buy and store flour and it will make far more edible products than ground wheat. Plus you can buy extra flour instead of paying for a wheat grinder.

The point is, your buying things you actually use today, just canning them for long term storage in case something bad happens.

One thing is for sure, most dehydrated fake replacement food items really suck. Things like fake butter, fake cheese and fake meat might be great if you've been starving for a couple weeks, but if you can eat them today, you have a defective set of taste buds.

However you can buy real canned butter, real canned cheese and real canned meat and these are things you can't grow. But knowing which vendors canned products is also a major factor. Canned meat from one vendor might have 6% fat, while another vendor might have 20% fat.

How long do you really need to plan on food for survival? You can stock your shelves with a couple years worth of food in many types that have long shelf lives and simply rotate it. Everyone can stock enough to last a month or more living right off there shelves or you can stock enough to last for a couple years. You don't need meat to survive short term, but keeping canned tuna and whatever other canned meat products you eat wouldn't hurt. There are some things that having long term storage will come in play that you may or may not use and that is a milk product. Needed for cereal and many other items. Only buy something you have tried and like. Nothing like having to eat something you don't care for and some of the canned milk products are pretty good.

I'm just amazed every time there is a storm warning down here in Atlanta where people might be stuck in there homes for a couple days, the grocery stores are packed. You have to wonder what would happen to all these people if something unexpected would take place leaving them without their grocery store..

You might wonder how bad could the weather get in Atlanta to freeze people in their homes for days at a time. It's a simple matter of physics, we live on nothing but slopes and rolling hills. Lay down a layer of ice on the roads and no one is going anywhere or only as far as the first hill.
    Last edited by valerb; 13th February 2017 at 12:52.