Thread: Perth Mint Premiums rise 250%!!!!!!

Default Perth Mint Premiums rise 250%!!!!!!

Another delivery of 10 Oz silver bars from the Perth Mint on the way but the premiums and fabrication costs have risen over 250% in 6 months!!! There are no 1oz silver bullion left, no 2oz silver bullion, no platinum, no palladium, no gold under 1 Oz bars and the premiums, fabrication costs and delivery prices are sky-rocketing!

It is clear that they cannot keep up at the Perth Mint and they are trying to shield their reserves from the buying frenzy that continues unabated with higher and higher premiums.

Could you please give a little more detail on the premiums and fabrication costs. Is the price list on there website not the price you pay plus postage? I know premiums on 10 & 20 oz bars in Brisbane make them expensive but kilo bars can be bought at the same or better than the perth listed price. I heard last week they were out of 10 & 20s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Move thru life 1 oz at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Could you please give a little more detail on the premiums and fabrication costs. Is the price list on there website not the price you pay plus postage? I know premiums on 10 & 20 oz bars in Brisbane make them expensive but kilo bars can be bought at the same or better than the perth listed price. I heard last week they were out of 10 & 20s.
    Greetings,

On 10 Oz silver bars I paid AUS$31.00 inc. prem. and fab. for a total of AUS$194.50 per bar. postage and insurance for 10 bars to Melb. was $160 odd. As little as 6 months ago I would have only paid $12.00 for prem. and fab.

I ordered 2 weeks ago and they were flat out with orders, I think I just got in before they ran out, I suspect they are running very low now.

Thanks for that. I have just about given up on the smaller bars even though I prefer them and have moved to the 1 kg which are readily available without additional "local" premiums.
    Stack it high.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you had any luck with heavymetalholdings in Melbourn?

I believe I have bought from HMHoldings on eBay once before, I might check out what they have again

Just had a look at Heavy Metal Holdings price list - WOW!

10 Oz - $260 Available
    20 Oz - $520 Available
    1kg - $680 Available

That's some BIG prems. right there......

That 10oz price has been there for a while, just check the date at the top of the page. Last time I looked it was a Feb price list a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    That 10oz price has been there for a while, just check the date at the top of the page. Last time I looked it was a Feb price list a couple of weeks ago.
    OK, as of silver at $12 looking at $206 plus delivery per 10 Oz bar - so its %25 prem. above spot, unless it's changed, have to inquire I guess, he might not even have now, I think I'll call him and find out