Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Northwest Territorial Mint - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwest Territorial Mint

For the record, when you look at where Silver had dropped from 1980 down to 1990 in the $3.50 - $5.50 range for over ten years, it wasn't hard to imagine it wasn't going to drop any lower and it was a safe place to park your money with a decent chance for some upside potential. While hardly anyone was buying Silver, it was practically given away in many cases to get rid of it. Not for free, but at the spot price was not unheard of and I even had my dealer hard sell 40 ten ounce Engelhard bars for the spot price instead of taking all 100 ounce Engelhard bars for around 25 cents over spot. Try and find any dealer willing to do something like that today or anytime in the past ten years with so many buyers out here and we think there is only a tiny percentage of the population actually buying Silver. I set out to invest $20,000 to start. $10,000 in one ounce Gold rounds and $10,000 in one ounce Silver rounds. I was afraid to order anything online at first so I set out to my local coin shops. The first one didn't have any one ounce rounds, but had one hundred ounce Engelhard bar he picked up a year earlier and hadn't been able to sell it. I didn't want it either and he showed me the online spot price which I knew was in the $4 range that day and it was right at $4 even and he said I could have it for $400 even. So my plan was off to a bad start from the beginning but I wasn't a fool either to look a gift horse in the mouth when there were no other options. My next and last coin shop didn't have anything but 100 ounce bars, but had all the one ounce Gold coins for something like $11 over spot each for around $300 a piece at the time and I bought 30. After that I was forced onto the internet as the local coin shop wanted too much to order one ounce rounds compared to what they were selling for online. But he was a great source for 100 ounce bars when I finally got around to buying them most of the time. He was also the guy that twisted my arm into buying a bag of 40% when I knew they were a bad investment, but the price was almost near the face value. How can you go wrong with a deal like that no matter what happens to Silver when it's real money at the bank.

In the late 90's there were a lot of people talking about the stock market taking a dive and then there was that potential Y2K fiasco. So a lot of investors were taking their money out of the stock market and investing in Gold and Silver and buying a boatload at the time. When you talk about buying thousands of one ounce rounds at a time today or especially when it was at $30 and $40 an ounce, people think your crazy, but it was really a steal at $4,500 to $6,000 for so many years. That is where Northwest Territorial Mint came into play for so many of us wanting a great product at a cheap price and they couldn't be matched anywhere on a consistent basis, especially in large quantities. You had to endure the long waits but they had the goods and the best price. There were no where near as many options back then as there are today with all these new stamping plants all over the country pounding out all kinds of different products and all these new mints like Provident putting out quality products for competitive prices most of the time. I remember one online survey when I was first starting about who had the best looking round and the number one round was the NWTM which is still the same today as it was back then, which will tell you something about the quality of products compared to today's options if you've ever seen one. It's not bad, but it can't be compared to some of the newer products. Yes the ASE was a better looking product but most investors were not buying it as it was far too expensive and they were only comparing generic rounds. Of course looking back in hindsight at the low production numbers for those ASE's and it was a smart investment as they are worth so much more above the spot price today, but who knew so many people would ever come into the market and start buying tens of millions of ASE's in a single year in the future making them a sought after product.

Then there was that problem selling 40% and 90% coins as the market was flooded with them and no buyers, so you could buy 90% for near or below the spot price for so many years and 40% was so much lower it was in the danger zone as a purchase. Of course the dealers always wanted to sell it for a tad more than they were willing to buy it back and today is not much different as the 90% is only fetching near the spot price at so many dealers when you try and sell. But like anything else, if you know where to look, you can find better deals, it always pays to shop around and it always pays to know where the best offerings are at to start. You never know when you might need to sell in a hurry or try and beat everyone else to the dealer when it's time to sell.

Kitco doesn't post the older charts any longer but here is the Silver chart going back to 1985. It isn't correct by any means as it's really based on the London fixed prices and the COMEX spot price could vary by a considerable amount on any given day. If you request an actual date on Kitco, they will pull up the Kitco spot chart for that day as you would normally see it but the history charts are based on Londons price. When you look at an individual month where you can see the prices by each day on the chart, it is so much different than our actual prices. I was comparing the prices I had paid on many of the day's I bought Silver and the chart was so far off on many of them and to my favor as it appeared. As you might expect, COMEX took a dip back then just as it does today and on other day's it bounces up much higher, but nowhere near the activity we see today with these 50 cent to $1.50 moves, which would have been a real problem for people buying and selling at $4 and $5 spot prices. A 50 cent move up in the price of Silver was a major move and you thought the world was coming unglued at any minute. Holy crap, those SilverSellers, excuse me, those few SilverSellers back then might be right for once!!!! But I can't complain about the price of Silver over the past 20 years as it's been a good investment and far better than any bank and safer than the stock market for my liking anyway. I had $40,000 in the stock market and it took me ten years to get it back out in the mid 90's. So Silver has been much better for me than the stock market, but I had it all in one stock and it went for a wild ride down before it came back up. Did I learn my lesson, apparently not as I have it all in one precious metal item as an investment. But remember, don't let anyone bull sh!t you, you can take it with you in a Silver lined casket!!!

Last edited by valerb; 6th April 2016 at 10:19.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    For the record, when you look at where Silver had dropped from 1980 down to 1990 in the $3.50 - $5.50 range for over ten years, it wasn't hard to imagine it wasn't going to drop any lower and it was a safe place to park your money with a decent chance for some upside potential. While hardly anyone was buying Silver, it was practically given away in many cases to get rid of it. Not for free, but at the spot price was not unheard of and I even had my dealer hard sell 40 ten ounce Engelhard bars for the spot price instead of taking all 100 ounce Engelhard bars for around 25 cents over spot. Try and find any dealer willing to do something like that today or anytime in the past ten years with so many buyers out here and we think there is only a tiny percentage of the population actually buying Silver. I set out to invest $20,000 to start. $10,000 in one ounce Gold rounds and $10,000 in one ounce Silver rounds. I was afraid to order anything online at first so I set out to my local coin shops. The first one didn't have any one ounce rounds, but had one hundred ounce Engelhard bar he picked up a year earlier and hadn't been able to sell it. I didn't want it either and he showed me the online spot price which I knew was in the $4 range that day and it was right at $4 even and he said I could have it for $400 even. So my plan was off to a bad start from the beginning but I wasn't a fool either to look a gift horse in the mouth when there were no other options. My next and last coin shop didn't have anything but 100 ounce bars, but had all the one ounce Gold coins for something like $11 over spot each for around $300 a piece at the time and I bought 30. After that I was forced onto the internet as the local coin shop wanted too much to order one ounce rounds compared to what they were selling for online. But he was a great source for 100 ounce bars when I finally got around to buying them most of the time. He was also the guy that twisted my arm into buying a bag of 40% when I knew they were a bad investment, but the price was almost near the face value. How can you go wrong with a deal like that no matter what happens to Silver when it's real money at the bank.

In the late 90's there were a lot of people talking about the stock market taking a dive and then there was that potential Y2K fiasco. So a lot of investors were taking their money out of the stock market and investing in Gold and Silver and buying a boatload at the time. When you talk about buying thousands of one ounce rounds at a time today or especially when it was at $30 and $40 an ounce, people think your crazy, but it was really a steal at $4,500 to $6,000 for so many years. That is where Northwest Territorial Mint came into play for so many of us wanting a great product at a cheap price and they couldn't be matched anywhere on a consistent basis, especially in large quantities. You had to endure the long waits but they had the goods and the best price. There were no where near as many options back then as there are today with all these new stamping plants all over the country pounding out all kinds of different products and all these new mints like Provident putting out quality products for competitive prices most of the time. I remember one online survey when I was first starting about who had the best looking round and the number one round was the NWTM which is still the same today as it was back then, which will tell you something about the quality of products compared to today's options if you've ever seen one. It's not bad, but it can't be compared to some of the newer products. Yes the ASE was a better looking product but most investors were not buying it as it was far too expensive and they were only comparing generic rounds. Of course looking back in hindsight at the low production numbers for those ASE's and it was a smart investment as they are worth so much more above the spot price today, but who knew so many people would ever come into the market and start buying tens of millions of ASE's in a single year in the future making them a sought after product.

Then there was that problem selling 40% and 90% coins as the market was flooded with them and no buyers, so you could buy 90% for near or below the spot price for so many years and 40% was so much lower it was in the danger zone as a purchase. Of course the dealers always wanted to sell it for a tad more than they were willing to buy it back and today is not much different as the 90% is only fetching near the spot price at so many dealers when you try and sell. But like anything else, if you know where to look, you can find better deals, it always pays to shop around and it always pays to know where the best offerings are at to start. You never know when you might need to sell in a hurry or try and beat everyone else to the dealer when it's time to sell.

Kitco doesn't post the older charts any longer but here is the Silver chart going back to 1985. It isn't correct by any means as it's really based on the London fixed prices and the COMEX spot price could vary by a considerable amount on any given day. If you request an actual date on Kitco, they will pull up the Kitco spot chart for that day as you would normally see it but the history charts are based on Londons price. When you look at an individual month where you can see the prices by each day on the chart, it is so much different than our actual prices. I was comparing the prices I had paid on many of the day's I bought Silver and the chart was so far off on many of them and to my favor as it appeared. As you might expect, COMEX took a dip back then just as it does today and on other day's it bounces up much higher, but nowhere near the activity we see today with these 50 cent to $1.50 moves, which would have been a real problem for people buying and selling at $4 and $5 spot prices. A 50 cent move up in the price of Silver was a major move and you thought the world was coming unglued at any minute. Holy crap, those SilverSellers, excuse me, those few SilverSellers back then might be right for once!!!! But I can't complain about the price of Silver over the past 20 years as it's been a good investment and far better than any bank and safer than the stock market for my liking anyway. I had $40,000 in the stock market and it took me ten years to get it back out in the mid 90's. So Silver has been much better for me than the stock market, but I had it all in one stock and it went for a wild ride down before it came back up. Did I learn my lesson, apparently not as I have it all in one precious metal item as an investment. But remember, don't let anyone bull sh!t you, you can take it with you in a Silver lined casket!!!

Nice post.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

"Just keep in mind this isn'y another dealer going belly up after scamming a few thousand customers out of millions".
    Wait! Whaaaaaat! Looks like exactly that to me. Why else would they go for a Chapter "kick the little guys to the back of the queue 11?

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    "Just keep in mind this isn'y another dealer going belly up after scamming a few thousand customers out of millions".
    Wait! Whaaaaaat! Looks like exactly that to me. Why else would they go for a Chapter "kick the little guys to the back of the queue 11?
    I think it looks like a screw you to the guy with the $38 million lawsuit so he can't screw with anyones silver or money, but that's just my opinion. Maybe you'd rather NWTM allow all their customers hang unprotected to make you feel better. As far as I know, the only thing the court had ordered was that NWTM not send out any refund checks. Then they filed that chapter 11 last Friday and they cleared out their vaults, apparently so nothing could be confiscated. Now with a chapter 11, they will have to go through the bankruptcy judge to get anything while they stay in business and go through the appeals process. Meanwhile they are still selling Silver at 50 cents over spot for 200 ounce orders. At least for those that want to jump on the middle of this. I'd wait to find out more of how much protection chapter 11 is going to provide it's customers, versus what chapter 11 is doing to them.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Parker has more PMs than NWT.

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    Parker has more PMs than NWT.

Are you back with that Parker Brothers theory again???

Gollum - don't respond to the Troll - Put him on the "" ignore list " - Works Great .

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Gollum - don't respond to the Troll - Put him on the "" ignore list " - Works Great .

Hummm, being ignored by BOOMER BERGDAHL plus this sites imaginary nut that can only appear when poor Silverheartbone forgets to take his meds, twist my arm and break my heart. I can do without a brain aneurysm also and be just as content, thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by valerb; 8th April 2016 at 16:20.

This Bankruptcy seems to be rolling along fairly quick.

The judge already has a US trustee and on Thursday April 7th, he authorized NWTM to continue paying all the employees and utility bills and also ordered that a chapter 11 trustee be assigned.

On Friday they appointed the Chapter 11 trustee and set May 11th for the creditors meeting.

Their web site is still up and running, employees are still working and being paid, but I still would hold off on placing any orders myself until there is some assurances that any new orders are protected from any actions taken by anyone for any reason and that includes that lawsuit for $38 million. I should say I wouldn't be afraid to place an order for one or two of their specialty products, especially the brass ones that don't cost that much, I would just hold off on any larger bullion orders.

Motion to Extend Time to File Schedules

April 12, 2016 5:15PM EST

Mark Calvert, the Chapter 11 Trustee, has filed a motion with the court to extend the deadline for filing the bankruptcy schedules and statement of financial affairs until June 10, 2016. They were originally due on April 18. These are the documents that go into detail about the financial shape of the company (assets, liabilities, list of creditors, recent payments, and so forth).

The motion states that NWT does not have regularly prepared financial statements. It also states that partially prepared schedules have already been made.Although the delay is disappointing, it is understandable. In the Tulving bankruptcy, it took 6 months before the schedules were filed. And while Bullion Direct had theirs ready in just over 3 weeks, they were shoddily prepared and highly inaccurate. So a delay in the financial documents is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Last edited by valerb; 12th April 2016 at 23:47.