Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

China about to unpeg RMB from USD?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China about to unpeg RMB from USD?

Default China about to unpeg RMB from USD?

As China sees it's economic growth based on global demand decline and growth based on internal demand as the next opportunity the obvious question is not if but when it follows the lead of the Swiss and uncouples the yuan from the dollar?

My money is on internal pressure in the form of protests etc. and slowing growth due to a global recession spurring this move sooner than later.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...end-hard-times
    Last edited by Katwoman; 25th January 2015 at 16:50.

China set to increase wages in October this year for govt employees across the board.

A decoupling, not so fast.

Tomorrow is another day.....we will see how long they can hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Katwoman View Post
    Tomorrow is another day.....we will see how long they can hold out.

The Swiss decoupled because the Euro was dragging them down with it.

Why would China want to do the same when the Dollar is on a high and not sinking?

China is struggling also and the last thing they want to do is create a reason for Americans and Europeans to shop elsewhere for cheaper goods.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Why sell to USA & Europe when all you get back is $4T in broken paper promises? Sell to yourselves & immeadiate neighbours makes more sense, no?
    Plus its all cheap crap anyway, except for the round shiney things with a Panda on one side!

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    Why sell to USA & Europe when all you get back is $4T in broken paper promises? Sell to yourselves & immeadiate neighbours makes more sense, no?
    Plus its all cheap crap anyway, except for the round shiney things with a Panda on one side!
    Have you ever wondered why everything works differently than how you think it should work?

I know you agree with the chicken and egg thing, but is there anything else?

If your right then you should be selling your ideas to the world leaders, Corporate and small business people on where they are failing and how they can do it right. That's how it's done. Present a plan detailing just exactly what is wrong and it's effects. Then follow that with a detailed plan of how you believe it should be done with the benefits of doing if your way, with detailed analysis of the tangible and intangible benefits of your proposal.

You can't just say, hey you need to be doing that another way because it's in your best interest without providing a guiding light.

As in, you can't tell an egg rancher that he's running his business the wrong way, if you can't convince him he's doing it the wrong way.

And you can't tell an egg rancher to run his business a different way if you can't convince him of a different method.

However you can tell an egg rancher exactly what he is doing now and how he can improve his operations if you provide everything in great detail as to how he can improve his egg production at a lower cost without doing any other harm to his egg producing life line.

Ok now that you have the tools to utilize that vast knowledge of how everything is wrong and should be done another way, go fix the world. But you might want to try something a tad smaller than the Chinese government until you perfect your skills. But then I admire a person that has the guts to think big and go for the gusto.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

I've made more money with the eggs than you've made trying to win the Pulitzer Prize.

I've made more money with the eggs than you've made trying to win the Pulitzer Prize.

No wonder your always pissed off at the world, your flat broke.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    No wonder your always pissed off at the world, your flat broke.
    I'm not pissed off at the world. I'm pissed off with those who are in control of the world, & the Sheeple who are content with the status quo. Two entirely different situations.
    As for being broke, that depends on your definition of wealth. Having lots of Fiat, & assets on Paper is a$$backwards! Putting Physical ounces away is what counts. Hows your a$$wipe SLV btw?

I'm not pissed off at the world. I'm pissed off with those who are in control of the world, & the Sheeple who are content with the status quo. Two entirely different situations.
    As for being broke, that depends on your definition of wealth. Having lots of Fiat, & assets on Paper is a$$backwards! Putting Physical ounces away is what counts. Hows your a$$wipe SLV btw?

That's an interesting concept, putting g everything in physical and watch it sink in value while fiat stays the same or rises.

Well my tiny amount in SLV is doing exactly the same as my physical Silver and that's not much at all.

On the other hand my US Dollars and Swiss Franc are still doing well. Both currencies are capable of purchasing more than twice as much Silver today than they could three years ago.

I don't know, does that mean I'm holding two very strong currencies or Silver has been a poor investment over the past three years.

The one thing I know for sure. The only part of my nest egg that has shrunk to a third is Silver and both of my fiat holdings have not.

So yes my total nest egg has shrunk like many Silver investors, but mine is only down a much smaller percentage as a whole because I'm not stupid enough to put all my eggs in that one Silver basket. Yes it may one day be the ultimate prize and it may also be one huge sinkhole that millions may live to regret. If Silver drops back to $4 an ounce and stays there I will not be a happy camper but I won't be broke either. I know that's impossible, so you say today!!! Which is what almost everyone was thinking about $15 Silver when it was riding high in the $40's.

Just remember the term peak oil that we ran into many years ago and yet here we are today pumping out more than ever and the prospects of finding endless amounts way up north should keep oil alive for a very longgggg time.

Of course nothing like this could ever happen to Silver or a substitute be found that would make it obsolete for many of its current day uses.

You have to wonder if everyone betting the farm on tulips every gave that a second thought before losing their ass?
    Last edited by valerb; 27th January 2015 at 14:45.