Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Silver coins found burried in a field, 1 million pounds or so they claim

Thread: Silver coins found burried in a field, 1 million pounds or so they claim

Default Silver coins found burried in a field, 1 million pounds or so they claim

A HOARD of ancient coins worth more than 1MILLION has been found buried in a bucket in a farmer's field.

Amateur treasure hunters armed with metal detectors unearthed the rare Anglo Saxon coins near Aylesbury, Bucks., during a Christmas dig.

The stunning find is one of the most significant in Britain in recent years, say experts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...illion-4906211

of course since the coins are precious metal over 300 years old they fall within the remit of the Treasure Act.

What ever happened to finders keepers?

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    What ever happened to finders keepers?
    SCREWED, along with all the honest people who blab about what they find.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Some pictures would have been nice, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    A HOARD of ancient coins worth more than 1MILLION has been found buried in a bucket in a farmer's field.

Amateur treasure hunters armed with metal detectors unearthed the rare Anglo Saxon coins near Aylesbury, Bucks., during a Christmas dig.

The stunning find is one of the most significant in Britain in recent years, say experts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...illion-4906211

of course since the coins are precious metal over 300 years old they fall within the remit of the Treasure Act.
    Treasure? Treasury Act? How can this be if silver is nothing but an old worthless relic? They should have just buried it were they found it to avoid the hassle of dealing with the thieving bureaucrats who will undoubtedly say they want it but that it is only worth 50 quid!

I think that anytime someone finds a 'HOARD of ancient coins' there should be pictures. Since there are none, I found this picture of a model wearing a sterling silver bikini.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371239077899...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    I think that anytime someone finds a 'HOARD of ancient coins' there should be pictures. Since there are none, I found this picture of a model wearing a sterling silver bikini.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371239077899...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sterling, that looks like pure Platinum to me!!!
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    Sterling, that looks like pure Platinum to me!!!
    And again I ask for an other white metals forum tab.

Now which one of you bought this postcard with Guinevere wearing chainmail?