Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Hey Vale, has this brutal silver market taken Tulving out?

Thread: Hey Vale, has this brutal silver market taken Tulving out?

Hybrid View

Question Hey Vale, has this brutal silver market taken Tulving out?

What's the inside story?

The Tulving Company is Out of Business

The silver market manipulation is certainly taking a toll.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    What's the inside story?

The Tulving Company is Out of Business

The silver market manipulation is certainly taking a toll.

I guess anything is possible, but his web page is still up. Tulving has been pretty reliable at posting when an item is out of stock and his web page shows a ton of items in both Gold and Silver to be available.

How many thousands of posting have you read over the years predicting Northwest Territorial Mint was going Bankrupt and they are still in business and the largest private mint in the US.

I've read stories about Tulving's demise as well and up till now he has still been in business. I guess I'll wait a another day or two to see if it's really true, as he isn't the largest online dealer. You can never be sure if he is out of the office for an emergency or really out of the office forever. Could this be someone trying to intentionally screw with his business with false rumors?

Tulving has maintained his lead with low premiums for the most part, not what you would expect for someone going out of business. Besides, low spot prices wont impact his business, only low volume and he can reduce his staff, which is what it appears he may have done over the past few months. If he truly is bankrupt, it is only because he got dumb and tried to out smart the market. Then he would also have had to be selling inventory he didn't have and spent the funds to procure it. That's a lot of bad moves for someone to be making that has been in business as long as Tulving. I think something more official than someone predicting Tulving's bankruptcy might be in order.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post

I guess anything is possible, but his web page is still up. Tulving has been pretty reliable at posting when an item is out of stock and his web page shows a ton of items in both Gold and Silver to be available.

How many thousands of posting have you read over the years predicting Northwest Territorial Mint was going Bankrupt and they are still in business and the largest private mint in the US.

I've read stories about Tulving's demise as well and up till now he has still been in business. I guess I'll wait a another day or two to see if it's really true, as he isn't the largest online dealer. You can never be sure if he is out of the office for an emergency or really out of the office forever. Could this be someone trying to intentionally screw with his business with false rumors?

Tulving has maintained his lead with low premiums for the most part, not what you would expect for someone going out of business. Besides, low spot prices wont impact his business, only low volume and he can reduce his staff, which is what it appears he may have done over the past few months. If he truly is bankrupt, it is only because he got dumb and tried to out smart the market. Then he would also have had to be selling inventory he didn't have and spent the funds to procure it. That's a lot of bad moves for someone to be making that has been in business as long as Tulving. I think something more official than someone predicting Tulving's bankruptcy might be in order.
    I should note that there have been customer complaints about shipping delays for a long time with Tulving. I can't say everyone has been complaining, but it goes a long way back. Tulving has been known to have a short fuse and having read some of the complaints in the past, it's easy to understand how some of these people got an extra screwing. Not that they deserved it by any means, but when your getting lied to with shipping delays and you keep hounding the company about those delays, someone with a temper can take it out on the customer and intentionally add to their misery. Again, I'm not saying that is what has happened, but it's a speculation based on some of the stories I've read before. Then again we've had members on this forum posting untrue stories about NWTM that they could not support with facts. Some people like to embellish the truth, while others like to make up stories to one better the next guy. One hard fact of life for us consumers, we can't always get the best deals and best service at the same time. NWTM is a prime example, with great products (in my opinion) but long delivery delays. Thousand of customers line up to buy their products every year and especially when they are the only one selling to the public. Many customers have come to accept those 8 - 10 week delays as a normal part of stacking Silver. I did it myself back in the 90's and early 2000's, but back then they were also the best bang for your dollar, even if you did have to wait. They just didn't tell you back then, but it was common knowledge for experienced investors. I can only assume it's been pretty much the same way with Tulving for the past several years and hopefully he will continue to stay in business to help keep the cost competitive for all of us.

I did check with the BBB today and they have had a total of 231 complaints filed in the past 12 months and all of them have been satisfied. I have no way of knowing what kind of percentage of his customers have been experiencing shipping delays as reported by others, but it doesn't appear that anyone has been screwed out of any money or product as yet.

It should be noted that at least one dealer used this forum many years ago to bad mouth his competition. It's a cut throat business out there to some of them and no telling how often the facts become fiction.

Tulving may be dead in the water or someone may be out to try and put him there. Only time will tell and it shouldn't take too long.
    Last edited by valerb; 7th March 2014 at 00:07.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

I heard that the mints "Allocation" process is to blame. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    I heard that the mints "Allocation" process is to blame. But what do I know?

No that would cause the product to be in short supply and higher premiums. This is a case were the dealer is accused of a bad allocation process as in, Selling first and allocating later, with it ultimately crashing down on his head, so to speak.

No short supply, just the accusation of improprieties. Plus a warning that anyone doing any business with Tulving "might" be required to return any money paid for metal sold to them or metal purchased from them in a bankruptcy case.

Scary stuff, but is it true or an attempt to ruin Tulving. It's all stated as speculation on the part of the publisher of that information, so I don't know if he has any legal liabilities, but he'll let everyone know if Tulving does actually file for bankruptcy.

I know this article has been copied numerous times on the internet.

If this is all true, it really doesn't matter to the rest of us as Tulving is out of business, we can cross him off our to buy list, but if it isn't then this guy is doing everyone a disservice.

Truth or not, this guy is responsible for re-allocating some of Tulving's current and future sales even if it isn't. It's the power of the internet.

Remember, if it's on the internet, it must be true and if it is, it's being put to good use, but if it isn't, how does this guy get his just reward?

I've tried two different methods of contacting Tulving to see if his company is still open for business and have gotten nowhere.

I tried the direct method of a telephone call and it was not answered. I got a recorded message to Email my order.

I sent an Email yesterday asking for a simple clarification as to rather his company is still open for business for the members on our forum and I've received no response.

Until there are definite signs of life coming out of Tulving's company, the only assumption left for now, he is no longer in business.
    Last edited by valerb; 7th March 2014 at 02:18.