Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Why is it taking soooo long
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it taking soooo long

Default Why is it taking soooo long

Where is the 1050.00 gold and 17.00ish dollar silver ? I've been waiting patiently for some time now, I hope it doesn't take till the 4th quarter of this year.

It feels to me like everyone is holding their breath, waiting for something super-dramatic to happen. Either like the bottom will fall out and we will see $5 silver again, or the fiat paper currencies around the world will explode and become worthless, making precious metals the only real money left. Which will it be?

My money's on paper blowing to smithereens and gold and silver skyrocketing. After all, there's a lot more room to go up than down from here.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post

My money's on paper blowing to smithereens and gold and silver skyrocketing. After all, there's a lot more room to go up than down from here.
    That's far to simplistic to think it's all down to one simple formula.

A lot of us have bought Silver at one quarter of it's current price, but no one has ever seen it at four times it's current value. That's not to say it won't sky rocket to $80 per ounce, but it can also collapse back to $5.

Just because no one wants Silvers price to collapse back to rock bottom prices doesn't mean it will not happen again, just like it did from 1980 to lows of the late 90's and early 2000's. It wasn't expected back then and it wouldn't be expected tomorrow.

There is far less chance that all fiat currencies will collapse at the same time and that is what your talking about. To think the world governments are going to just all come unglued at the seams and give up on everything is ludicrous. They set the rules, anything else would be sure chaos and the people of the world would welcome just about anything versus total chaos. Gold and Silver would not be the answer people would be looking to, as we all know they don't own any for the most part. Worldwide Monopoly money would be more welcome than to be forced to cough up Gold and Silver they don't have to survive.

My bet is on history repeating itself one way or another. Inflation or Hyper-inflation and a replacement currency to devalue the current currency of any country. If that doesn't work, then look for a region wide currency like the Euro, not the best example, but it's the next step. After that would be just two or three competing currencies in the world or one great big happy family under the same currency until they start to break away, which would be inevitable. The other alternative is the old stand by of regional wars or one great big world war to settle who's king of the world. In the end it's still the same if all else fails, the guy with the biggest stick wins the battle.

It's all about options and the world governments will pull rabbits out of their a$$ until dooms day before they will revert back to Gold and Silver as true currency. Even if they ever contemplate such a move, you can bet owning any such metal would be outlawed with heavy jail time as a penalty. They will not go down without a fight and the only thing standing in their way is the rest of the worlds population between us and the governments. Who do you think they will stand behind if it all comes to push or shove?

Think about it, would the people of the world unit to protect the wealthiest people from having their wealth confiscated, especially if they were all suffering and the government said it was a means to help everyone.

Why would they unit to protect the small percentage of people that own all the Gold and Silver from having their wealth confiscated?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's happened before and there is nothing to stop it from happening again if all else fails.

The last thing in the world I want to see is fiat thrown to the wind and governments depending on "our" Gold and Silver to survive. I'm not up to a Mad Max world fight and that's what you would see if it came down to Gold and Silver only. We have it and the government and everyone else is going to try and take it away, one way or the other!!

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather see Gold and Silver blow up than fiat and the rest of society. I'll side with the other 95% and ride fiat to eternity.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Ha! You ride your fiat currency to eternity. Infinitely small will be the size of the Dollar as it implodes into the Black Hole. I know better than to cry for you when the Dollar is dead. After all, you do own a few tons more silver than I. But this might be worth everyone's time to take a look at...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...last-200-years

Why The Next Global Crisis Will Be Unlike Any In The Last 200 Years
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Ha! You ride your fiat currency to eternity. Infinitely small will be the size of the Dollar as it implodes into the Black Hole. I know better than to cry for you when the Dollar is dead. After all, you do own a few tons more silver than I. But this might be worth everyone's time to take a look at...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...last-200-years

Why The Next Global Crisis Will Be Unlike Any In The Last 200 Years

I didn't read anything that supported the concept of fiat being replaced by Gold and Silver, I'll stick with what I said above.

"My bet is on history repeating itself one way or another. Inflation or Hyper-inflation and a replacement currency to devalue the current currency of any country. If that doesn't work, then look for a region wide currency like the Euro, not the best example, but it's the next step. After that would be just two or three competing currencies in the world or one great big happy family under the same currency until they start to break away, which would be inevitable. The other alternative is the old stand by of regional wars or one great big world war to settle who's king of the world. In the end it's still the same if all else fails, the guy with the biggest stick wins the battle.

It's all about options and the world governments will pull rabbits out of their a$$ until dooms day before they will revert back to Gold and Silver as true currency. Even if they ever contemplate such a move, you can bet owning any such metal would be outlawed with heavy jail time as a penalty."
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Very interesting this January has been. My palms are itching, might I get to sell my stack at 45-48 this year ? I thought the last few rally's were sucker rally's , but last week looked interesting

We better be careful what we wish for. We all want to see our investments justified with rising Silver prices. But I think that ounce of Silver will always still buy that 4 to 5 gallons of gasoline, or 5 to 10 loaves of bread (depending on the bread). It's the funny money. As people realize their paper fiat currency is backed by nothing more than promises of crooked bankers and lying politicians, it's going to take ever more paper to purchase that gasoline, or bread - or that ounce of Silver.

How long until it takes 100 funny money dollars to buy one ounce of Silver? I'm guessing much sooner than we think. And the economy will become a shambles when it happens. Soon, Pilgrim. Soon.
    - Yogi Berra

So it's on the cusp of 18. And change ,where is sub 1100.00 gold ? It's almost may ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert FGoens View Post
    So it's on the cusp of 18. And change ,where is sub 1100.00 gold ? It's almost may ?
    Really, we still have to wait for sub 1200 gold a 17.00 dollar silver ? Why is it taking so long ? May is almost over

Reminds me of the kids on a trip, "Are we there yet?"

I dunno. It may be around the next bend, or it may be a few miles yet. Meanwhile, does anyone have to pee? If so, we'll pull over just to be safe.
    - Yogi Berra