Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

News You Can Use $250 silver!!!

Thread: News You Can Use $250 silver!!!

Thumbs up News You Can Use $250 silver!!!

Interesting yet spooky computer "animation".

Game Over! Dollar Dead! Gold $7000 (part 3) [survival information].

Gotta love the snordster, but that title is jumping the gun a bit.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post

He is a wiser man than me - obviously taking previous acts into consideration.
    Better to jump the gun than have it pointed at you and get caught out. The writing is on the wall and always has been. It's shocking for those that don't see it coming.

So what is $7000 Gold really worth if the Dollar is dead?

Will our $250 an ounce Silver be worth $7 Canadian or 7 Euro's or 7 Swiss Francs or 7 Yen?

I wish these people would use some other form of currency to value Gold and Silver other than a supposed dead Dollar.

It might take $250 dead US Dollars to purchase a happy meal and that wouldn't make any of us stacker's happy at all.

Bottom line, don't compare the value of Gold and Silver against a hyper-inflated currency as a sign of good times ahead.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    So what is $7000 Gold really worth if the Dollar is dead?
    More than a stack of seven thousand dollars.

Will our $250 an ounce Silver be worth $7 Canadian or 7 Euro's or 7 Swiss Francs or 7 Yen?
    Why ask this? I'm not living there and neither are you.

I wish these people would use some other form of currency to value Gold and Silver other than a supposed dead Dollar.
    Do you have a suggestion?
    I'd use gold, but of course that is too obvious.
    Think long about it. I'm sure that you'll come up with something not as good.

It might take $250 dead US Dollars to purchase a happy meal and that wouldn't make any of us stacker's happy at all.
    When the dollar dies, they won't be accepted.

Bottom line, don't compare the value of Gold and Silver against a hyper-inflated currency as a sign of good times ahead.
    Exactly to whom do you address your post Vale?
    I honestly think most people who have thought these things through are doom and gloomers by now, and your bottom line assumption/conclusion is invalid.

Like I posted before, their title is a poor choice.
    $250 silver means the dollar is still alive.

Silver not available for any amount of stinkin' Yankee dollars means the Federal Reserve dollar died.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

More than a stack of seven thousand dollars.

Why ask this? I'm not living there and neither are you.

Do you have a suggestion?
    I'd use gold, but of course that is too obvious.
    Think long about it. I'm sure that you'll come up with something not as good.

When the dollar dies, they won't be accepted.

Exactly to whom do you address your post Vale?
    I honestly think most people who have thought these things through are doom and gloomers by now, and your bottom line assumption/conclusion is invalid.

Like I posted before, their title is a poor choice.
    $250 silver means the dollar is still alive.

Silver not available for any amount of stinkin' Yankee dollars means the Federal Reserve dollar died.

My bottom line assumption is valid, you can't compare the value of Gold and Silver in real terms against an inflated Dollar. It has to be valued in relationship to other stable currencies.

As in, one ounce of Silver is only worth 7 euro's, but $250 US Dollars. It shows how much that ounce of Silver is really worth in real terms. It's not as if you'll be able to run out and buy 250 loaves of bread at Wal-Mart with an ounce of Silver or if you sell that once of Silver for $250, you still won't be able to purchase 250 loaves of bread.

As long as the Dollar in the only currency being used in the US, it will still buy a loaf of bread, it's just a matter of how many Dollars it will take to buy that loaf of bread.

The Dollar will never be dead until it's been replaced by another currency, just as other countries around the world have gone through this same scenario before us. You do not kill your own currency without a replacement. No matter which You Tube video you have been watching.

And while I may not be living in Switzerland, I do own a good amount of Swiss francs, so it does matter to me as to how Silver would be valued in a hyper-inflated Dollar scenario.
    Last edited by valerb; 9th November 2013 at 17:54.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

If you think hurricane Katrina brought out the worst in people, read this http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ia_missed.html

And let me know how going out in a populated area and trading silver or gold for food treats you. I do have a plan, place for this situation , and it doesn't involve me needing a to trade for anything. If food stopped for over three days , look out. With a dollar collapse , you would see that , plus a lot of local government , cops ect would be at home protecting their families , so guess who would step in? You think the fed has power now , if what you believe comes true, they will really have complete control via unrest causing marshal law and all sorts of fed actions.

One positive will be , by the time they are able to get things under control again, traffic will be a lot lighter. Our hunting camp was a fun thing to do, it's become a bug out spot. I hope everyone else has a place to hide should things get bad, or they will be victims. I for one , will be looking forward to a faster commute

When the SHTF, most people will go instantly from predator to prey. Any food they've stashed will be looted. Obama's written a new Executive Order giving the feds absolute control over all food, water, land, transportation, fuel, etc. Maybe if you consider how it was in Nazi Germany - the people best off were the Nazis.

Oh, rather than driving ourselves crazy with trying to value silver and gold in dollars or Euros, how about using a gallon of gasoline as a measure? Worked for Ron Paul. As he said, back in the mid-1960's a silver dollar would buy 3 to 4 gallons of gas at the corner station. Now, a silver dollar will buy 4 to 5 gallons of gas.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra