Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Sprite, the imitation 7-Up tastes good to me.

Thread: Sprite, the imitation 7-Up tastes good to me.

Exclamation Sprite, the imitation 7-Up tastes good to me.

What are the ingredients in sprite?

Answer:
    carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium citrate and sodium benzoate

Pretty much the same as the content list of my local grocery store house brand, which I think tastes even better.

...when both vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and sodium benzoate are mixed, they form benzene, a known human carcinogen and DNA damager. This creates a serious concern...

The linked article indicates that citric acid is equivalent to ascorbic acid in the chemical reaction.

I knew to avoid the phosphates found in most of the brown sodas, but I had no idea that the alternative that I selected was far worse! And it tastes so good to me.

My kids already generally avoid soda, but now.... holy crap!

Investigate benzene toxicity and perhaps you'll understand why I posted this thread.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K