Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Junk silver prices, now and then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junk silver prices, now and then.

Default Junk silver prices, now and then.

What price are you seeing junk silver go for? I would like to see 10x to 12x again. I'm a fan of some good junk silver.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

Those people are on drugs. Or at least, the drug of human greed. No way are they dropping their prices on junk silver for at least another month or two. Not until they have come to accept the new reality. Then only reluctantly will they lower their expectations.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by duneyman jr View Post
    What price are you seeing junk silver go for? I would like to see 10x to 12x again. I'm a fan of some good junk silver.
    I'm a fan to , Morgan's are my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Those people are on drugs. Or at least, the drug of human greed. No way are they dropping their prices on junk silver for at least another month or two. Not until they have come to accept the new reality. Then only reluctantly will they lower their expectations.

APMEX is selling it's cheapest 90% for only $3.59 an ounce over spot. Now I don't want to say that's the worst deal going, considering they are only charging $3.49 an ounce for ASE's at the monster box level, but, considering those ASE's should bring at least $1 - $1.25 over the spot price when the market cools down. Those 90% coins might bring considerably less, knowing that you can buy them for under the spot price in a cool market.

But one never knows which way the wind will be blowing when it comes time to sell. But you can be sure the dealers will be doing us no favor when the market cools down.

Just consider that those long time stacker's of Silver really don't want to part with those coins for a loss today, so they are in short supply. But when the price of Silver actually rises and they do start to unload them, they won't be worth a damn when there are far more people selling than buying. Historically they have always been sold for less than the spot price in volume and the buy back price has been considerably less.

US coins have their place in the stacker's pile, but at these premiums, they are one of the worse buys you can make with your dollars. Some people don't care as they are die hard US coin fans, while others are die hard ASE fans and don't care what the premiums are on them either. I say buy whatever is closer to it's normal premium, so you don't have to make up for over priced products later.

I'm just saying, a $20 product today will have a 400% increase in value if Silver ever hits $100. A $23 product will have a 335% increase in value at $100.

That extra $3 may not seem like much today, but when you multiply that by several factors, it really adds up as a loss in the long run.

For the person that is only buying one ounce, yes it's still only a $3 difference at $100.

For the person that is buying 100 ounces at $23, the other person can buy 115 ounces at $20 and at $100, that's $1,500 more value. Ok, it's a fantasy number, but it's possible, at least more possible than being attacked by Zombies.

I can't stress the importance these premiums make as the spot price keeps dropping, especially these outrageous ones. Use your head today, you be glad tomorrow.

For those that have this idea that when the price of Silver takes off, they will have buyers standing in line to buy all the Silver we want to sell, well that didn't happen at $49 and it's less likely to happen at $100.

We and that includes most of you now, will have Silver that will be sold for potentially many times more than you paid for it. Which also means those trying to buy will only be able to buy a tiny fraction of our stacks as that's all they will be able to afford. Assuming the world hasn't gone to hell and they have the money to buy our Silver.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    APMEX is selling it's cheapest 90% for only $3.59 an ounce over spot. Now I don't want to say that's the worst deal going, considering they are only charging $3.49 an ounce for ASE's at the monster box level, but, considering those ASE's should bring at least $1 - $1.25 over the spot price when the market cools down. Those 90% coins might bring considerably less, knowing that you can buy them for under the spot price in a cool market.

But one never knows which way the wind will be blowing when it comes time to sell. But you can be sure the dealers will be doing us no favor when the market cools down.

Just consider that those long time stacker's of Silver really don't want to part with those coins for a loss today, so they are in short supply. But when the price of Silver actually rises and they do start to unload them, they won't be worth a damn when there are far more people selling than buying. Historically they have always been sold for less than the spot price in volume and the buy back price has been considerably less.

US coins have their place in the stacker's pile, but at these premiums, they are one of the worse buys you can make with your dollars. Some people don't care as they are die hard US coin fans, while others are die hard ASE fans and don't care what the premiums are on them either. I say buy whatever is closer to it's normal premium, so you don't have to make up for over priced products later.

I'm just saying, a $20 product today will have a 400% increase in value if Silver ever hits $100. A $23 product will have a 335% increase in value at $100.

That extra $3 may not seem like much today, but when you multiply that by several factors, it really adds up as a loss in the long run.

For the person that is only buying one ounce, yes it's still only a $3 difference at $100.

For the person that is buying 100 ounces at $23, the other person can buy 115 ounces at $20 and at $100, that's $1,500 more value. Ok, it's a fantasy number, but it's possible, at least more possible than being attacked by Zombies.

I can't stress the importance these premiums make as the spot price keeps dropping, especially these outrageous ones. Use your head today, you be glad tomorrow.

For those that have this idea that when the price of Silver takes off, they will have buyers standing in line to buy all the Silver we want to sell, well that didn't happen at $49 and it's less likely to happen at $100.

We and that includes most of you now, will have Silver that will be sold for potentially many times more than you paid for it. Which also means those trying to buy will only be able to buy a tiny fraction of our stacks as that's all they will be able to afford. Assuming the world hasn't gone to hell and they have the money to buy our Silver.
    That's true. I did real well with buying a few 1/4 oz engelhard prospectors when silver was really cheap. I sold some for 35$ recently. Must be rare? I was surprised
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

That's true. I did real well with buying a few 1/4 oz engelhard prospectors when silver was really cheap. I sold some for 35$ recently. Must be rare? I was surprised
    I just personally like shiny Morgan's and toned ones. Mercury dimes also

Isn't one of the points of selling to sell into that parabolic curve upwards when a commodity is still in the mania stage when EVERYBODY is buying? Admittedly, silver at $100 sounds like a lot for a lot of people to afford.......I suppose if you took a $5 an ounce hit on the going rate at the time, you might get more than your fair share of buyers......selling for $95 when silver is at $100 still sounds pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
    Isn't one of the points of selling to sell into that parabolic curve upwards when a commodity is still in the mania stage when EVERYBODY is buying? Admittedly, silver at $100 sounds like a lot for a lot of people to afford.......I suppose if you took a $5 an ounce hit on the going rate at the time, you might get more than your fair share of buyers......selling for $95 when silver is at $100 still sounds pretty good to me.
    The more it goes up the more you wanna buy it. It's always goin be 10x more soon. There's a crisis always goin on and it's goin skyrocket. Of course there selling you there silver for your worthless cash. More then likely it's goin be back up to its previous highs eventually. Since I was a young lad I been stuffing my pockets full of silver. I gotta huge stash of preciousness.

Since I was a young lad I been stuffing my pockets full of silver. I gotta huge stash of preciousness.
    Ummmm... What's that knocking I hear? Could it be? Yes, I believe it is! It's Obama's Brown Shirts knocking at Duneyman's front door, wanting to know all about that "huge stash of preciousness". I'm so sorry that mine went down in that horrible boating accident.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Ummmm... What's that knocking I hear? Could it be? Yes, I believe it is! It's Obama's Brown Shirts knocking at Duneyman's front door, wanting to know all about that "huge stash of preciousness". I'm so sorry that mine went down in that horrible boating accident.
    Duney IS a "brown shirt".