Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How Silver Kills Bacteria is Finally Revealed

Thread: How Silver Kills Bacteria is Finally Revealed

Lightbulb How Silver Kills Bacteria is Finally Revealed

How Silver Kills Bacteria is Finally Revealed

"Here is silver’s multi-pronged approach:
    first, silver sticks very strongly to sulfur, found in parts of proteins. These sulfur groups normally bond to each other in proteins, holding them together and keeping the protein folded up in its correct shape.

But if silver interacts with sulfur then the protein cannot fold correctly, and thus it cannot do its job. Next silver interferes with how bacteria use iron. Iron is often held in the places it is needed by binding to sulfur. And since silver also interacts with sulfur it stops the iron doing so.

Finally, silver causes bacteria to produce extremely toxic substances called reactive oxygen species. These go on to cause damage inside the cell, harming the DNA, proteins and even the membrane that surround cells.

The net result of this silver onslaught is bacteria with severely damaged defences. Most importantly the membranes and walls that surround it are leakier after the silver treatment. Once weakened, they are much more susceptible to conventional antibiotics."

more at the link
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

SHB, Can you try to add the link again. I get nothing when I click. Good Stuff, Thanx for posting.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    SHB, Can you try to add the link again. I get nothing when I click. Good Stuff, Thanx for posting.
    http://www.bullionstreet.com/news/ho...-revealed/5042

bullionstreet.com/news/how-silver-kills-bacteria-finally-revealed/5042

If the problem is your browser, then
    Use

If the problem is your ISP, then copying and pasting won't work either.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Thanks SHB, I got it with your reply posting.
    Gb

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.

Here are TWO very insightful points :

"... Collins and his team found that silver — in the form of dissolved ions — attacks bacterial cells in two main ways: it makes the cell membrane more permeable, and it interferes with the cell’s metabolism, leading to the overproduction of reactive, and often toxic, oxygen compounds. "...

and

"...Many antibiotics are thought to kill their targets by producing reactive oxygen compounds, and Collins and his team showed that when boosted with a small amount of silver these drugs could kill between 10 and 1,000 times as many bacteria."....
    Last edited by Goldbrix; 1st July 2013 at 11:18. Reason: add ion blurb
    Gb

It's gold, not silver, but still

Gold Nanoparticles Act as Tumor-seeking Missiles

A small clinical trial using gold nanoparticles that act as tumor-seeking missiles on a mission to remove prostate cancer has begun at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). It is the first trial of its kind in the world.

The nanoparticles, or nanoshells, are made of small layers of silica glass formed into a sphere and wrapped in a thin layer of gold.
    The shells seek out and saturate cancerous cells, and their advanced vibrational properties are then harnessed to cause the tumorous tissue to pulse with extreme temperature when light is applied through a laser specifically designed to excite the particles.

The oscillation kills the cancer cells while preserving the healthy tissue, avoiding the nerves and urinary sphincter. This procedure is the first in the world that is precise enough to potentially avoid negative ramifications like urinary incontinence or sexual impotency.

Doug Flewellen, the first patient in Texas to receive the new method of care, says for him, the procedure was a no-brainer.
    "No man wants to go through radical removal, and I knew active monitoring could have potentially aggravated the cancer," Flewellen said. "The side effects of traditional treatment were not worth it to me, and I wasn't afraid to try the most cutting-edge technology. Looking back, the experience was even better than I was expecting, and I hope to see nanoparticle therapy advance into an option for anyone diagnosed with prostate cancer in the future."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/t...issiles-311652

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lightbulb both monetary and medical

That certainly was encouraging.

I present for your perusal some information on a true antimicrobial substance,

The Antimicrobial Properties of Copper

I was wondering, what do we need to get this knowledge to get applied full-scale?
    I couldn't think but to these 4 steps

a) more research in the research centers.
    Probably the pharma-industry won't do it, but private and public financed centers can;

b) more publications, so that...

c) ... this knowledge goes into universities and medical literature; so that...

d) ... physicians will ask for colloidal or nanoparticles based pharmaceuticals.

What do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsilber View Post
    I was wondering, what do we need to get this knowledge to get applied full-scale?
    I couldn't think but to these 4 steps

a) more research in the research centers.
    Probably the pharma-industry won't do it, but private and public financed centers can;

b) more publications, so that...

c) ... this knowledge goes into universities and medical literature; so that...

d) ... physicians will ask for colloidal or nanoparticles based pharmaceuticals.

What do you think?
    The necessary first step would be to delete the AMA.

At the link is the best, most comprehensive article that I've seen on the state of public knowledge about colloidal silver's benefits in a while.

Colloidal silver was ‘erased from textbooks’ because it cured diseases from tuberculosis to syphilis

As the neighborhood medicine man with growing repute, I have even cured one fellow of a bad case of herpes.