Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The great disconnect between paper and physical Silver - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The great disconnect between paper and physical Silver

here is what scare me about the physical guys
    I don't know a ton about coins, but this tv show is selling 5 silver US quarters from 1999
    for 2700 dollars
    if they were from like 1799 I could understand
    but cmonsilverripoffcoinset.jpg

but dude those are proof pf70 NGC slabbed quarters!!! wish i could have caught that deal.... lmfao JK!!! thats facking ridiculous lol

Nice find!

silverripoffcoinset.jpg

I can't believe they didn't offer free shipping.

Below is one of my favorites, but I think yours is tops.

Check it out 30% off. I like to visit and check the product review. In this case there are none.
    http://shop.history.com/the-last-sil...and-coins#tabs
    Last edited by jimi; 4th April 2013 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Nice find!

silverripoffcoinset.jpg

I can't believe they didn't offer free shipping.

Below is one of my favorites, but I think yours is tops.

Check it out 30% off. I like to visit and check the product review. In this case there are none.
    http://shop.history.com/the-last-sil...and-coins#tabs

I think yours is more reasonable Jimi, only $139.99 each for 10 ASE's from 1990 - 1999 and they are throwing in an elegant box made in India for free, which probably costs another $20. How can you beat a deal like that?
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    I think yours is more reasonable Jimi, only $139.99 each for 10 ASE's from 1990 - 1999 and they are throwing in an elegant box made in India for free, which probably costs another $20. How can you beat a deal like that?
    I might agree with you if the ASE(s) were proofs, but they're 'choice brilliant uncirculated'.

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    I might agree with you if the ASE(s) were proofs, but they're 'choice brilliant uncirculated'.

I was just kidding!! But that box is something else, isn't that worth forgetting about the grade of your ASE's?

Actually I still wouldn't buy them even if they said they were proofs. I couldn't tell the difference between a BU and a proof myself.

I know my 2010 ASE's look like proofs to me compared to the walking liberty fractional Silver I bought from Golden State Mint.
    Last edited by valerb; 4th April 2013 at 23:52.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    I think you should consider looking up the facts about Silver production rather than just counting on the fantasies swirling around in your head. In particular you should research a company by the name of Codelco. So many of the things you "know" about the Silver market (and many other things) are so easily looked up.
    Why did you quote me, then start typing to yourself shellster?
    What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBull82 View Post
    i dont understand why everyone thinks the paper traders are so evil either lol, its all about making money so who cares which way you make it... but i agree with you about this being an awesome buying opporitunity with everything going on in the world...
    Once you "know" what I "know", then you'll know why.
    At this time I'll simply introduce one word, and one concept to the discussion.
    The word is enabler.
    The concept is profit by complicit support of criminal behavior.

Here I must quote another section from the article that I linked to above.

The paper silver market refers primarily to the futures market in which large traders (hedge funds, large commercial banks, bullion banks, etc) hold long or short positions. Silver expert Ted Butler has been analyzing this area for three decades, and reports the weekly evolutions into great detail in his market commentaries. This is an excerpt from his latest analysis:

By far, the standout price feature for the first quarter in silver was the reduction in the total commercial net short position on the COMEX from the high point of Feb 5. From the peak on Feb 5 through last Tuesday, 29,000 net contracts were bought by the commercials. This is the equivalent of 145 million oz of silver and is clearly a towering amount compared to any amount of silver produced or consumed within the quarter. Yes, these are paper transactions, but they are so excessive in size as to overwhelm the free market forces emanating from the real world of supply and demand. Simply put, the commercials on the COMEX colluded and rigged silver prices lower during the quarter to trick the tech funds into selling.

One of those commercials is JP Morgan. Based on his analysis, Ted Butler calculates their short positions.

I would now calculate JPMorgan’s net short position to be 23,000 contracts as of Tuesday March 26th. Simple math shows that JPMorgan held 96% of the total commercial short position of 24,000 contracts in the latest COT report. I doubt such an extreme measure of concentration has ever occurred in any other regulated futures market. On this measure alone, it is safe to conclude that JPMorgan has manipulated the silver price in the last month(s), as there would be virtually no commercial short position in COMEX silver without this bank. That the CFTC and the CME Group can sit by and allow such an unnatural concentration to exist shows how inept and corrupt the regulators have become.

To put things into perspective, the current short position of JP Morgan (one single entity) equals some 12.5% of total yearly silver mining production. This short position is so concentrated that it has the power to control the overall price.

Ted Butler points out that the paper market controlling the price is illegal practice; it is against commodity law.

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

@heartbone

They will continue to get away with it as long as the dollar can buy goods or the a shortage in silver has an affect on the everyday life of your average joe. I don't believe this will happen until next year at the earliest.

Divergence in physical price: copper can be bought on ebay for about 10-20% below the CME spot price where as silver is being sold at least 15-20% over the CME spot price. There is no shortage in copper and never will be. Silver is way more scarce than the public would be lead to believe. Gold is more abundant than the people think. Since silver is an industrial metal it helps the "economy" and the financial elite when this widely used industrial metal can be obtained cheaply.

This paper attack hasn't just effected silver, all commodities are taking a hit. I can't help think that the silver market gets more "attention" deliberately in order to drive some of these mining companies under and the banksters and their governments will take control of them.