Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The great disconnect between paper and physical Silver - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The great disconnect between paper and physical Silver

i dont understand why everyone thinks the paper traders are so evil either lol, its all about making money so who cares which way you make it... but i agree with you about this being an awesome buying opporitunity with everything going on in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    It gets produced as part of the Copper production process.
    no, it gets pulled out of the ground as part of the copper production process, silver is then separated, and processed into silver to be refined... they dont just process copper and pure silver falls out the side of the copper machine lol... no matter why it is pulled out of the ground it costs money to separate and refine and pour and make blanks and stamp them...

It gets produced as part of the Copper production process.
    So you are saying when they refine the copper that silver gets refined in the same process too?

Does it work the same when they produce silver as a by-product of gold, zinc or lead? Silver is produced at no cost? I get that silver just happens to be in the same ore as copper, lead, zinc and gold. They are primarily mining for these metals and silver is a bonus.

But you are making it sound as if there is no cost to refine the silver from the copper. When the copper ore is refine you get both silver and copper?

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    So you are saying when they refine the copper that silver gets refined in the same process too?

Does it work the same when they produce silver as a by-product of gold, zinc or lead? Silver is produced at no cost? I get that silver just happens to be in the same ore as copper, lead, zinc and gold. They are primarily mining for these metals and silver is a bonus.

But you are making it sound as if there is no cost to refine the silver from the copper. When the copper ore is refine you get both silver and copper?
    Good work broox (and SilverBull).
    You already caught it in one lie designed to support the manoobullation fairytale.
    Now you are working on another of its fabrications.
    Cool runnings.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    Refining the Silver is part of the Copper refining process. Copper is considered the key element that the miners are going after.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Good work broox (and SilverBull).
    You already caught it in one lie designed to support the manoobullation fairytale.
    Now you are working on another of its fabrications.
    Cool runnings.
    I think you should consider looking up the facts about Silver production rather than just counting on the fantasies swirling around in your head. In particular you should research a company by the name of Codelco. So many of the things you "know" about the Silver market (and many other things) are so easily looked up.

It costs money to produce Copper from the ore, the Silver gets produced because it is considered a bonus, or free money

Shillster, you just proved you work only for someone else, part time, and get a govt. check bonus.

Freeloader.

Refining the Silver is part of the Copper refining process. Copper is considered the key element that the miners are going after.

Shillster, how much is your govt. mental disability check?

This month Shillster, instead of buying medicine for your shillitis.

Pay someone to research silver mining and its cost. So not to fixate upon copper mining byproducts.

Imagine.... a SILVER mine. Just imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBull82 View Post
    i dont understand why everyone thinks the paper traders are so evil either lol, its all about making money so who cares which way you make it... but i agree with you about this being an awesome buying opporitunity with everything going on in the world...
    Paper traders rhetorically believe paper has value in both what they trade and what they seek, fiat paper currency.

When one or both loose the only basis of value they contain, belief. Traders go WHAT? and cry.

Evil is often fueled by followers stupidity.

Gent and Ladies,
    I guess this is one of those arguments that will go on for ages
    but I don't know many businesses that buy something for the same as they sell it for
    so to the guys that wanna buy 1-100 oz of course there is a premium
    lets look at another commodity that I am sure 9 out 10 of you all use ...........coffee............. "paper" coffee is 1.40 a pound, but I am guessing that many of the readers hear pay 10.00 a pound at starbucks

Me being a coin collector and in the investment world, It always bugged me to "pay" over for silver, gold, plat and pall, but as noted it cost money to take it out of the ground, refine it, turn it into whatever ingot, coin or bar you want
    but I have found over that past 20 years that the easiest physical silver to get was always foreign..............1999 ish used to be able to go up to Canada with 5k and come back with 7.5k in Canadian junk silver , obviously the exchange rate was favorable and the CAD was never going to be as good as the dollar, but we used to get bags of it............Funny thing is over the past 15 years or so that silver actually developed collector value to

As for paper vs physical............ machines which are the majority of the trading world now drive the price they buy highs and sells lows...........right now I am looking at someone who is 26.84/26.94 in the physical market and he is 28,000 oz by 36,000 oz ............in the futures they are 26.87/26.89 4x so 20,000 ounces
    both traders are willing to buy and sell right here............. if you open an account with various entities you can buy or sell either, if you prefer the physical then go with a broker who deals in cash and he will have it to you within a few days they are gonna be nasty tarnished chipped bars all weighing 1000 oz, yet none will way exactly 1000, just as the comex future if delivered never comes out to exactly 5000 ounces

To tell you the mantra of guys in this day in age, I hear this quote today "Oh so silver is like at 26.00 grain"................. not really, but both have a multiplier of 5000 so in trader terms per tick yes

I would say that the percent of people who trade silver make far more on the down moves, than the up moves...............although now the puts are so much higher than the calls I would say somewhere between 26 and 27 is going to be a friendly buy for the smaller physical player who just wants to own some

And the other thing................ All those who own Silver here, which Im guessing is 99%, have you not ever sold some ? and then bought and sold ? obviously not 1000's of times a day like an algo, but what is wrong with taking profits...............Have people here ever bright and sold a house ? yes............. stocks ? yes ...............so why treat silver any different ?

Judging from the sentiment from silver guys I know and algo guys, I would put a pretty high delta we are nearing a bottom

The only thing that scares me about physical silver is there are now about 4 "coin" channels on various nights.....................granted at the real estate bubble I noted one nite there were 11 different So, I think maybe this move is half way done

Here is the issue with metals
    Silver was pegged for like 180 years by the US, so one would figure there would have been pent up demand

If you look back to 1964, when the US stopped making silver coins, Silver actually went down slightly then basically did nothing for like 6 year until 1971.............. then it had a monster rally for a decade and then gave it all back the next, then we just had a run from 4 to 50 again took like 8 years, and now in two years it is down 23 dollars................the same mistakes people made in real estate, another hard asset, I think a lot of the public made in the high 40's...........they had to get in and have just held it

traders cant do that .............so I still think its in a range 26/36, and I do also realize the fact we have never been in a global currency debasement and zirp rate situation like today, so physical and futures guys I added some physical, and I sold some puts and bought some calls.........and I can promise you, that the guys who are long the futures or are "playing in the paper" markets wanted silver to go up way more than some guy who bought 100 silver eagles at 50.00

Until the physical, etf, and futures bulls all get together, the short side will win in the end, as with anything that works you need unity for the greater cause

I think one day the masses will want physical metals, and the futures markets will go inverted and the guys who paly the spreads may get jammed, but until silver gets an uptrend going fighting between physical and futures longs, does the bullish silver casue no good

IMO

Best