Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Negative interest rates
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Negative interest rates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default Negative interest rates

    I think the metals traders might want to read this article from the Financial Times.

    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/46c25...#axzz2JTZYMoqo

    Interest rates are far more important than a lot of traders realize.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    I think the metals traders might want to read this article from the Financial Times.

    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/46c25...#axzz2JTZYMoqo

    Interest rates are far more important than a lot of traders realize.


    Yes, it makes the paper cost more or less, because the bank told it was.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Matt, i cant read the link because they want me to subscribe and im not doing any of that but i am interested in your take on the market... with neg GDP and bernake's almost certain to continue QE and all the other bullish fundamentals, do you think were going to see a run up?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBull82 View Post
    Matt, i cant read the link because they want me to subscribe and im not doing any of that but i am interested in your take on the market... with neg GDP and bernake's almost certain to continue QE and all the other bullish fundamentals, do you think were going to see a run up?
    You can get a free limited subscription that allows a certain number of articles per month if you like. FT is considered on of the top business pubs on the planet.

    My opinion is towards higher prices, but like all markets, it's going to go in fits and starts. The low interest rates are what are putting a damper on all the 'to the moon' people. The printing of money is definitely bullish, but is is not the only factor, much to the chagrin of some of the "analysts". Nagtive economic numbers, rather than the marginally positive ones we have been seeing for a while, are definitely a positive for precious metals prices, but slightly negative for the industrial side.

    If you want a real short term specific from me, I think there is going to be a very big fight ahead of us just above $34. Not just a fight with fund managers, but one with the real big players like the Silver governments, big mines like Fresnillo, and the big banks. Personally, I can't wait to see it because it is a joy to me to watch them lobbing 500 contract cannonballs at each other. When we get there, I am just going to fold my arms over my chest and watch. I don't want to be the mouse on a savannah full of rampaging elephants. What happens after that, we will have to wait and see. What happens during the battle will tell us where we are going afterward.
    Last edited by Matthew Shelley; 30th January 2013 at 12:14.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    FT is considered on of the top business pubs on the planet.

    You are $hitting me? The FT are way, way, behind ZH on everything. ZH is where to go if you want to find out what's REALLY happening. I used to read the mainstream FT years ago, before I sussed out they are BS. And Matty, get yourself on fight club so we can have some sport. The FT? Ha!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    You are $hitting me? The FT are way, way, behind ZH on everything. ZH is where to go if you want to find out what's REALLY happening. I used to read the mainstream FT years ago, before I sussed out they are BS. And Matty, get yourself on fight club so we can have some sport. The FT? Ha!
    Zero Hedge has value, as do many other journalistic outlets. But you have to take everything with a grain of salt no matter where it comes from. The FT is awfully big on publishing facts and figures, which I know you are not a big fan of.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    517

    Default

    $34 is where i see the fight taking place as well, i think if we can get above $35 silver and gold above $1800 and get some good support we should see decent gains... idk how long the fight will last but i do see $40 silver ahead

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    The FT is awfully big on publishing facts and figures, which I know you are not a big fan of.

    That's where you are wrong. I am a massive fan of facts and figures. When the true facts and figures come to light, all those crooks on Wall St, in banking, in politics, in Local and National government, in the media, in the Police and Judiciary, and in the Commodities "Markets"....they will all get what's coming to them. I'm talking REAL facts and figures, not your massaged facts and figures.

    Any entity that supported Gordon Brown, a Chancellor who sold half our nations Au reserves at the bottom of the market, (and the FT did exactly that), do not know the first rule of economics, and their judgement stinks. And any entity that couldn't predict the financial crises, and has been spouting the "we are on the road to recovery" lie ever since, doesn't deserve to be trusted.

    Don't tell me what the FT are good at. They're good for nothing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Here is a free link to the article:

    http://www.cnbc.com/id/100417100

    Last month, UBS and Credit Suisse imposed negative interest rates on short-term cash deposits...

    Buy PMs when rates are low, sell PMs when rates are high.

    Can't get much lower than negative.
    Caedite eos.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    your momma's house
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Seems like the wheels have come off. They have blown the cover off the corner of the bus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •