Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Limitless credit card...!!?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limitless credit card...!!??

Quote Originally Posted by redroom5 View Post
    It's actually still alive and well for those with a sense of responsibility and a little self control.

Now, I understand that much of the population (and our government) does not posses either of those qualities but should we really be saving them from themselves? If so at what cost to liberty and free markets? Not that I think we have anything resembling a free market now. We do not.
    If our government would only DRILL FOR OIL, MINE FOR PRECIOUS METALS & Export more natural resources we could get out of this debt. It would put more people to work & more people paying taxes...WTF

Our government is too busy pretending that our debt is no big deal and trying to figure out ways to raise the debt ceiling so they can continue the spending rampage.

Republicans..............democrats...........neith er give a sh!t about the citizens.

Our monetary system has been turned into a house of cards by the federal reserve bank. I believe we are past the tipping point and no matter the further manipulation there will be a fall. The only question for me is when and how far will the fall be.
    Which QE are we on now anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    Small wonder the average household credit card balance in the USA is $14,750. A small price to pay for instant gratification. But what the heck; the government has maxed-out another credit card, on your behalf, that's now $16 Trillion! Why don't they just call it a debt card. What have we become? Debt slaves! Nations of consume it now, pay for it in tomorrowland? What happened to work, save, spend? But aside the morality issue on the personal level, I was on about your aiding and abetting of the criminal credit card companies and banks. Carry on.

Aiding and abetting, right!!!! The stores are charging me a premium to cover the cost that the banks charge them for people using their checks, debt cards and credit cards. I'm just getting back some of that money in the form of free air miles through my credit card company which otherwise would be kept by the stores. A few decades ago, there were a number of stores that would give you a discount for paying in cash. Apparently it was determined that there were far too many that were using those cards that it was just better to make everyone pay the same higher prices and they could get away with it. Cash transactions for the most part are by businesses trying to hide their income today, not avoid CC companies. I'm sure there are still some actual businesses out there that offer cash discounts to their customers, but they are far and few between.

While I agree that people around the western world for the most part are in debt, you can't blame the CC companies for individuals screwing themselves into the ground. It's a life choice, just like deciding to invest in Silver or nothing at all. We can't make them do what we want, that's what's living in a free society is all about, choices. Take away the choices and what do you have left?
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    If our government would only DRILL FOR OIL, MINE FOR PRECIOUS METALS & Export more natural resources we could get out of this debt. It would put more people to work & more people paying taxes...WTF

I think they have been doing that for decades and holding that land and oil reserves for later when the other countries start to run dry and then all of a sudden they will find all this new oil that will be worth a fortune on the "world" market.

I also believe our farming will be worth a fortune on the world market, sooner or later. You can't keep adding people without the food to feed them and that's where the western world comes into play. We have the land, water and know how to feed the world. We just need everyones money to make it worth our while. As the world turns so does the worm!!

It didn't take a war for us to spend much of our national wealth, just as it can also come back this way without war.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    I think they have been doing that for decades and holding that land and oil reserves for later when the other countries start to run dry and then all of a sudden they will find all this new oil that will be worth a fortune on the "world" market.

I also believe our farming will be worth a fortune on the world market, sooner or later. You can't keep adding people without the food to feed them and that's where the western world comes into play. We have the land, water and know how to feed the world. We just need everyones money to make it worth our while. As the world turns so does the worm!!

It didn't take a war for us to spend much of our national wealth, just as it can also come back this way without war.

Clueless, I think you are

but just in case let me ask, Who are the THEY you are referring to ?

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    Clueless, I think you are

but just in case let me ask, Who are the THEY you are referring to ?

Dear clueless, "they" are the oil corporations that have been sucking up the options to drill on million of acres of land that just doesn't seem to be producing a lot of oil. But one day I predict those options will bear fruit as the saying goes, but oil in this case.

These corporations are not fools, why drill and pump out all that oil and do nothing but drive down the price of oil. When they can set on it for a decade or so and drill when it is in there favor to really capitalize on that oil.

I keep saying I don't believe the government will really allow the Dollar or country to fall as so many believe. There are just too many possibilities that we don't have any ideas about and oil and food are two of them.

You can believe everything is wrapped around Gold and Silver, if you are in that camp, but I don't and neither does the rest of the world.

That is who "they" are.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post

you don't have any amount of oil............if you did, you wouldn't need that pipeline from Canada.

you don't have any precious metals worth mentioning...........except for a few unfound nuggets in Alaska.

There's not enough oil and gold on earth to ever payoff your debts.......so much for that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    you don't have any amount of oil............if you did, you wouldn't need that pipeline from Canada.

That's what we really need is some huge pipeline running across the United States so the Oil companies can get the oil there cheaper than by ship, as if it would end up at a lower cost to our wallets. Create more jobs building that pipeline, so what!!! Create more jobs running those ships back and forth and leave the land the way it is. We don't need more crap in this country to make things more profitable for the damn oil companies.

So the argument is, that if we don't build that pipeline, that oil will be shipped to China. That really makes good sense. If that oil isn't worth buying, then let China have it and we'll keep buying it from wherever we have been buying it. I smell another oil corporation rat here and this one smells worse than those oil subsidies.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    If that oil isn't worth buying, then let China have it and we'll keep buying it from wherever we have been buying it.
    You've been buying it from Canada...
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    You've been buying it from Canada...

I know, but if we don't build that pipeline then you will sell it to China instead, Right!!!

I don't care what part of Canada that oil is being produced, it has to be shipped somewhere to leave Canada, so no reason that pipeline has to run across the US. After all, we are the ones buying the oil for a given period of time, but that damn pipeline will be there forever. We already have pipelines in place to the US and no further, why would we want to run one all the way to the Gulf Coast? Since we are not the ones benefiting from the sale of that oil, then let Canada ship it to the nearest port and sell it to other countries if they are not satisfied with the price they are getting from the US sales in those existing pipelines. Oh gee, could it be that the same people might be involved on both ends of that deal and it might be to their mutual benefits to have that pipeline running through the US versus across Canada and then sold on the open market? We have to live with it forever, they don't. Is that oil even worth the expense of shipping to another coastline or however it might be transported? If so, then what's the problem with keeping things as they are, if not then sell it to someone else? Do whatever you want, I don't care, but forget about ruining this country with a pipeline that might end up costing us more money instead of less and last as long as a nuclear reactor in Japan.

Everyone wants to suck the very last penny out of our piggy banks. As long as the line is open to them, why not stand in it.

If we don't stop this crap, sooner or later, we'll need to wear an IV port so they can suck the blood out directly, as we pass go.