Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Physical demand still alive and very well! - Page 7
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical demand still alive and very well!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    The issue is safe deposit boxes and a potential confiscation of precious metals.

The point is, they didn't invade safe deposit boxes or monitor what was removed from them in the past, so what makes anyone believe they would the next time?

The cost to forcibly open tens of millions of safe deposit boxes would be a staggering sum of money and like all other activity in the US, only a very small percentage of the citizens actually own any precious metals to begin with.

While these people may do dumb things on a regular basis, they do try and think things through from time to time and see if the payback for their efforts will be worth the trouble.

They didn't have to raid any "safe" deposit boxes in 1933, because 98% of the scared and trusting sheeple just handed it right over. I don't imagine 98% of the sheeple will fall for the same trick the next time, but you never know; stupidity knows no bounds.

But why do you suppose they are called "safe". They're anything but.

3,368,500 ASE's sold, officially a record month for February. It does not look like we will hit the 4 million mark but 3.5 million looks to be almost a certainty with today's Fed Chairman testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Of course I will only type this once.
    And broox419 I am not jealous of, or dislike you in any way.
    Quite the opposite.
    So I am not attempting to diss you here in any way here.
    That having been typed...
    IMO only a fool would keep a significant amount of PMs in a FDIC bank safe deposit box.
    Don't do it.
    Executive orders will apply at your regulated bank.

Not only that... but if your volcanoes start to blow, will you be able to wait around for the banks to open?
    heartbone, I get what you're saying. I'm trusting the banking cabal to secure part of my holdings and my not be a wise decision. If I had the ability to treasure map my holdings I hold totally do it except I don't live on acres of land, I live in the burbs. Not only that they don't know what's in the box. Some banks are more private about access to your box than others which lead me to obtain a second box in the first place. And even if for some reason they did know the contents, the only way they can get in is if they call a locksmith to drill the damn thing out. They keep records on that kind of stuff, it wouldn't just disappear.

In the event we either start to see severe inflation or the bursting of the bond bubble, believe my I am there that day even if I have to miss work to there and remove the contents. I've thought this through very carefully and if there is any other affordable safe storage in my neck of the woods please don't hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    I agree with SHB. Why not just go to the roughest neighbourhood downtown, and ask the first crack-whore bitch you see, if they'll look after your valuables. They'll be safer in those hands, let me tell you!
    Because the crackwhores in the bank are much better dressed and well-mannered......and they have purtier smile..........

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    Because the crackwhores in the bank are much better dressed and well-mannered......and they have purtier smile..........

Smiles and whores don't mean anything to Gollum, he's use to sleeping with his trusty hound dog for warmth and comfort.

I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

The cost to forcibly open tens of millions of safe deposit boxes would be a staggering sum of money and like all other activity in the US, only a very small percentage of the citizens actually own any precious metals to begin with.
    Not to mention the lack of locksmiths. I know that industry well as I work at a lock shop. It would be a difficult task to convince hundreds if not thousands of locksmiths to defy the Baldomeric Oath. And like you say at what cost? To obtain what? The gov't wouldn't even know what's in these boxes. In order for a box to be drilled, the locksmith must be made aware of the attempts to contact the lessee all of which were null. And the massive black eye the banking industry would take if they were actually to go along with any executive order mandating such drastic action to pay the bondholders. If fact if things really get that bad that gov't has to start confiscating anything of value to pay back the bonds I don't even think there is enough of anything in the world to pay them back. Seriously, today the national debt stands at $16.5 trillion and it's only getting larger. If anyone out there can tell me what is worth $16.5 trillion let me know and I will start to take the whole confiscation theory a little more serious.

This whole fiat system is based on trust. Once a gov't loses it's trust with not only it's people but the rest of the world they can never gain it back. Since we are living under a de facto rule since the 1860's the only way the U.S. constitution can have any authority is if is regained in it's de jure capacity (starting with the county Sheriffs). A currency collapse will and the mere rumor of such a confiscation would only tip the scales even more the one that holds physical metal.

Remember all military personnel took an oath to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic like the Sheriff. Although the foreign enemy is staring right down their faces, they act within the limits set upon them by the constitution. The minute it becomes clear they no longer serve the general welfare (a nationwide bank heist would certainly fit in that category) of the public, I expect a cue de ta from high ranking military officials and the Sheriffs must be there to back them up or this will be one ugly transition in American history.

Smiles and whores don't mean anything to Gollum, he's use to sleeping with his trusty hound dog for warmth and comfort.

Damn right, unless they pay me Valerb. And that warmth and comfort from my trusty hound bitch, is preferable to someone of my own species and gender. Even if I do spit chewing 'baccy on her head, now and again.

Default Go on a "Private" Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    Not to mention the lack of locksmiths. I know that industry well as I work at a lock shop. It would be a difficult task to convince hundreds if not thousands of locksmiths to defy the Baldomeric Oath. And like you say at what cost? To obtain what? The gov't wouldn't even know what's in these boxes. In order for a box to be drilled, the locksmith must be made aware of the attempts to contact the lessee all of which were null. And the massive black eye the banking industry would take if they were actually to go along with any executive order mandating such drastic action to pay the bondholders. If fact if things really get that bad that gov't has to start confiscating anything of value to pay back the bonds I don't even think there is enough of anything in the world to pay them back. Seriously, today the national debt stands at $16.5 trillion and it's only getting larger. If anyone out there can tell me what is worth $16.5 trillion let me know and I will start to take the whole confiscation theory a little more serious.

This whole fiat system is based on trust. Once a gov't loses it's trust with not only it's people but the rest of the world they can never gain it back. Since we are living under a de facto rule since the 1860's the only way the U.S. constitution can have any authority is if is regained in it's de jure capacity (starting with the county Sheriffs). A currency collapse will and the mere rumor of such a confiscation would only tip the scales even more the one that holds physical metal.

Remember all military personnel took an oath to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic like the Sheriff. Although the foreign enemy is staring right down their faces, they act within the limits set upon them by the constitution. The minute it becomes clear they no longer serve the general welfare (a nationwide bank heist would certainly fit in that category) of the public, I expect a cue de ta from high ranking military officials and the Sheriffs must be there to back them up or this will be one ugly transition in American history.
    Most states have private vaulting companies for stackers. IMO, this is a better option than using a banking institution that is firmly under the thumb of the federal govt should a banking holiday come around. It will provide more anonymity and more time to access your stack in a financial calamity/event.

Most have "signature" policies...so if they don't recognize you as their customer....and you can't sign on the dotted line properly...having a key will not be good enough.

Just food for thought, but banks are not trustworthy and are totally under the control of the entity that does not respect personal property rights (fed govt)

http://cvsafebox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AgShaman View Post

Just food for thought, but banks are not trustworthy and are totally under the control of the entity that does not respect personal property rights (fed govt)

http://cvsafebox.com/

Because they gamble or steal their customers money, Banks always go one of three ways in the end.

1,They either steal your money, go bust and stay bust, or

2,They steal your money, go bust and get taken over, or

3,They steal your money, go bust and get bailed out with your money. Rinse, repeat.

Here's one for you; The BOE bailed out the Northern Rock in 2008. The IMF bailed out the BOE back in 1976. We've let them play these tricks on us since day one. We must be dumb. It's we the people, who should decide what the money is, and what it's worth. Certainly not the Banks or government.

Default Enter At Your Own Risk

Not sure about the validity of the story....but according to somebody recently, the raiding of 'Safe Deposit Boxes' at banking institutions has already begun.

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=310

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/gold...it-box-by-cia/

broox419....?
    Last edited by AgShaman; 27th February 2013 at 16:13. Reason: link