Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

4 to 6 chickens per ounce
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 to 6 chickens per ounce

Default 4 to 6 chickens per ounce

An ounce of Silver is worth between 4 and 6 chickens. That is what it has been in the past, and that is what it will be likely to be worth in the future. For all of the people who are screaming to the rafters that it's going to "da' moon! ", you are missing the point. It is not the Silver that is going to change in value, it is the currency that it is priced in that would be devalued. There are reasons that the value of Silver could change (say if we outlawed digital cameras or something like that), but on the financial side the price does not necessarily change the value in terms of anything other than the currency it is priced in.

Also, if we are ever reduced to stone knives and bearskins, the value of your Silver could very well drop. The guy who owns the chickens, or the rolls of Charmin wouldn't necessarily need your Silver, while you will need the chickens, and if you are married, Charmin won't be a choice. Chickens could drop to 2 or 3 per ounce. And you could very well come back on day and tell her "Honey I got a great deal! He wanted an ounce per roll, but I was able to talk him down to two rolls for an ounce!".

$28!, $30!, $38!, $46!, $50!, $100!, $300!, $3000!!! I hear all of these prices, and they certainly are possible, but if the are caused by the expected financial headaches, they certainly don't deserve the exclamation points and the breathlessness. You have to be objective about anything you own. In my opinion, chickens, TP, and jars of peanut butter make for good standards of value. Maybe that's what we should be defining as standardized "currencies"?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    It is not the Silver that is going to change in value, it is the currency that it is priced in that would be devalued.
    Ummmmm yeah........ and that is one of the reasons I buy. QE infinity will surely have an effect. On the flip side, silver can go up in value if demand increases and scarcity becomes a factor. Win-win in my opinion but it's volatile as any commodity can be. Buy low sell high.
    Which QE are we on now anyway?

I do agree with Matt on this one. Silver is a store of value in a hyperinflation situation depending on the scarcity of basic commodities. That said, if you are concerned about a collapse on a large scale and only own silver and no long term food and sanitation supplies and ammo to protect them, then you deserve to be taken to the cleaners by the guy with the chicken.

All you can do is make reasonable preparation in terms for physical and financial survival. If it goes Mad Max, all bets are off and you have to decide if you WANT to live in that world.

Thus why would anyone with above average IQ, only invest for their future, in Silver.

Those who argue against silver investing, are seemingly mired in paper.

Dumb and dumber, f***king brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Az2Africa View Post
    All you can do is make reasonable preparation in terms for physical and financial survival. If it goes Mad Max, all bets are off and you have to decide if you WANT to live in that world.

That's the point most everyone misses, who would actually want to live in a Mad Max world where everyone had to try and live off the land in the country side. Which in my opinion would be far worse than trying to stand your ground at home in the city. At least you can die in the comfort of your own home if it doesn't work. Far better than living in the mud out in the country trying to defend what little you have and no surroundings to defend it from.

I have everything I could ever want in my home and I would have almost nothing on the road and in a few day's or weeks at best I would have nothing. Is that living? I don't think so. If there's not enough food in the city's, there damn sure won't be in the countryside.

At least in my home, I can keep my dogs as long as I'm alive, not on the road.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    An ounce of Silver is worth between 4 and 6 chickens.
    I wouldn't give even a gram of silver for any of the industrial raised chicken on today's market!

From this:

To this:

Oh yum!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    That's the point most everyone misses, who would actually want to live in a Mad Max world where everyone had to try and live off the land in the country side.
    People should watch a few episodes of MOUNTAIN MEN!!! to see if they think that lifestyle suits them.

There is a reason people don't live in the wild any more.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    People should watch a few episodes of MOUNTAIN MEN!!! to see if they think that lifestyle suits them.

There is a reason people don't live in the wild any more.

I think if you & your family were hungry/starving you would give a 10 oz. bar for some FOOD!! Wouldn't you!?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I think if you & your family were hungry/starving you would give a 10 oz. bar for some FOOD!! Wouldn't you!?

For the most part, people only talk about food, water and toilette paper. However, coming down with a respiratory infection and in dire need of some good ole fashioned anti-biotics, how much would anyone by willing to pay to end the infection versus possibly losing their life? Think about a bad migraine and what a Zomig would be worth to someone or a dozen of them for someone who suffers from migraines? Cutting off everyones medication is one way to fix the health crisis in America. What would those life saving drugs be worth if they were not readily available. How many people would know what to use in place of tooth paste to prevent cavities and what in the world would a dentist be worth when you need one? Do you revert back to pliers, hammers and chisels or just say, I've had enough and put a .45 through your head?

There is a lot more to think about than food, water, toilette paper and the guns to keep that stuff. Rather it's worth investing in all that stuff is another matter. Anything is better than nothing at all, just like some Silver is better than none.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Not to mention a good supply of clean underwear!
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra