Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Passive EIS/CS/silverwater - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passive EIS/CS/silverwater

Default Topical Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Hey that's not my advice.
    Brother, I'd never brew CS with honey.

I hear someone on Alex Jones took my idea of using Aloe Vera gel and colloidal silver for external use.
    CS w/honey should be OK for that as well, but I'd be a wee bit paranoid about drinking it.
    I agree. I don't plan on drinking it. I will put it in a salve I use for various things....it should do quite well in this function.

Quote Originally Posted by AgShaman View Post
    ....This last 1/2 gallon batch, which is currently cooking as I type....is moving along much faster than usual. I noticed it because I like to "shoot" the laser beam thru the jar and watch the silver build gradually. It was really dropping silver particles much faster (like I'm guessing about 6-8 hours ahead of schedule)

I always check the current with my meter at the beginning to snoop on the quality of the distilled water. This particular brand is obviously of higher quality and I will be using it from now on. I also saw something unusual when I got up close. There was silver sticking to the side of the glass (too early for droppings from silver wire). I'm sure it was from not getting the jar totally clean and having some silver remaining. This may be what has hastened the cooking process. If that is the case....then in theory, a person could add a bit of already made CS from a prior batch to a newly started batch and it could jumpstart the process and decrease the cooking time.

I really don't know if this theory has any validity to it...or if someone has experienced this happening before and applied the technique successfully?

I just wanted to throw out some things I noticed in my CS brewing....and maybe the experts will chime in with their knowledge?

Goldbrix....SHB?
    One is PLATING "...silver sticking to the side of the glass...". You may also notice what appears to be burnt spots on the bottom of the glass, under one of the Ag electrodes (another plating indication). You can see silver precipitate off the electrodes to the bottom of the "cooking" jar ( gray mist like cloud).
    I only clean my jars with or w/o plating with peroxide and rinse x's3 with a quarter to a third of the jar using distilled water .
    FYI - I save my plate cleaning peroxide-Ag for topical wounds and acne (kids). If I ever had Athlete's Feet or foot fungus I'd use it on that too.

IF you do not rinse your glass jar out with distilled water ( with distilled water, 2-3 times with vigorous shaking each time) you could be looking at cleaning residue. BUT I get this even when cleaning with simple peroxide. Even with the rinse X's 3 the electrolysis process will indicate minute trace residue. Residue that my TDS meter does not read prior.
    BEFORE you do your next cleaning pour your batch into a spare jar or jug. Immediately fill the "cooking" jar with distilled water. Fill to the level your previous batch, and ALLOW to SET for 5-7 days. I have produced an extra jar of ionic Ag at the same ppms of the prior batch and I've done this successfully twice out of three times BUT the failed ONE was due to my "mad-scientist" experimenting. I'm comfortable with the process I described above now, and will use it from now on.
    "Seeding a batch" is pouring a small amount of a previous batch of EIS/CS/silverwater into the distilled water prior to placing the electrodes in. I've done this when the family was sick and we had burned through my reserves using a humidifier. I prefer NOT to do this though.

SHB's mixture of EIS w/ aloe or honey, to me, would be OK. I have used EIS in Powerade(Coke's version of Gatorade) when me or the kids have gotten a stomach virus or food poisoning. It keeps your electrolytes up while the EIS works on the virus or bacteria. AND it's a good way to get squimish kids to take EIS when they complain of the taste. ( To me, it reminds me of drinking out of the garden hose when I was a kid).
    WAOOR,
    DYODD,

ps- CDC sez the current FLU vaccine is only 9% effective for seniors BUT "something is better than nothing" according to the CDC spokesman. I say "Then the SOMETHING SHOULD BE EIS/CS/silverwater. gb
    Last edited by Goldbrix; 22nd February 2013 at 22:24.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

Default "VAS" Info

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    One is PLATING "...silver sticking to the side of the glass...". You may also notice what appears to be burnt spots on the bottom of the glass, under one of the Ag electrodes (another plating indication). You can see silver precipitate off the electrodes to the bottom of the "cooking" jar ( gray mist like cloud).
    I only clean my jars with or w/o plating with peroxide and rinse x's3 with a quarter to a third of the jar using distilled water .
    FYI - I save my plate cleaning peroxide-Ag for topical wounds and acne (kids). If I ever had Athlete's Feet or foot fungus I'd use it on that too.

IF you do not rinse your glass jar out with distilled water ( with distilled water, 2-3 times with vigorous shaking each time) you could be looking at cleaning residue. BUT I get this even when cleaning with simple peroxide. Even with the rinse X's 3 the electrolysis process will indicate minute trace residue. Residue that my TDS meter does not read prior.
    BEFORE you do your next cleaning pour your batch into a spare jar or jug. Immediately fill the "cooking" jar with distilled water. Fill to the level your previous batch, and ALLOW to SET for 5-7 days. I have produced an extra jar of ionic Ag at the same ppms of the prior batch and I've done this successfully twice out of three times BUT the failed ONE was due to my "mad-scientist" experimenting. I'm comfortable with the process I described above now, and will use it from now on.
    "Seeding a batch" is pouring a small amount of a previous batch of EIS/CS/silverwater into the distilled water prior to placing the electrodes in. I've done this when the family was sick and we had burned through my reserves using a humidifier. I prefer NOT to do this though.

SHB's mixture of EIS w/ aloe or honey, to me, would be OK. I have used EIS in Powerade(Coke's version of Gatorade) when me or the kids have gotten a stomach virus or food poisoning. It keeps your electrolytes up while the EIS works on the virus or bacteria. AND it's a good way to get squimish kids to take EIS when they complain of the taste. ( To me, it reminds me of drinking out of the garden hose when I was a kid).
    WAOOR,
    DYODD,

ps- CDC sez the current FLU vaccine is only 9% effective for seniors BUT "something is better than nothing" according to the CDC spokesman. I say "Then the SOMETHING SHOULD BE EIS/CS/silverwater. gb
    Nice info...thank Goldbrix.

My TDS meter is enroute....so I am interested to know what kinda PPM I've been getting from these batches. As for the "hot honey" batch that I terminated at 1/2 time....it could be really strong, and I hope it is since I would like to use the super potent batches for making topical salves. The acne treatment is interesting. I've heard CS helps with clearing that....and not to sound too creepy, but if I have an inside track on a natural remedy to "play doctor" with, then that will be pretty good also since the food supply in this country has alot to do with the ladies having bad bouts with acne.

Thanks again for the info. I'll post any odd findings I come across as I transition out of the realm of 'novice' CS cooker.

Peace

..... I am interested to know what kinda PPM I've been getting from these batches. As for the "hot honey" batch that I terminated at 1/2 time....it could be really strong, and I hope it is since I would like to use the super potent batches for making topical salves....
    The TDS meter will be of no use to test your "hot honey" batch. Total Disolved Solids is all solids in the batch. Any reading will not only be Ag but also be bee "puke". Honey will have bee stomach acids and enzymes, pollen extracts, converted plant material, and numerous micro nutients. All of which will effect any TDS reading. A TDS meter does not define what solids are involved.
    OTOH:
    I guess you could take a TDS reading of the same amount of honey into similar volume ( as the h.h batch) of tested distilled water. Take that reading minus any ppms your distilled water tested out. That reading MIGHT give you a reading you can compare with a TDS reading of the actual h.h. batch. ANY difference multiplied by 2 - 2.5 SHOULD be Ag in the batch. - GOOOD LUCK!!! (^_^)
    WAOOR,
    DYODD,
    Gb
    Gb

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.

Default Clear "in" Cloudy "out"

The TDS meter will be of no use to test your "hot honey" batch. Total Disolved Solids is all solids in the batch. Any reading will not only be Ag but also be bee "puke". Honey will have bee stomach acids and enzymes, pollen extracts, converted plant material, and numerous micro nutients. All of which will effect any TDS reading. A TDS meter does not define what solids are involved.
    OTOH:
    I guess you could take a TDS reading of the same amount of honey into similar volume ( as the h.h batch) of tested distilled water. Take that reading minus any ppms your distilled water tested out. That reading MIGHT give you a reading you can compare with a TDS reading of the actual h.h. batch. ANY difference multiplied by 2 - 2.5 SHOULD be Ag in the batch. - GOOOD LUCK!!! (^_^)
    WAOOR,
    DYODD,
    Gb
    Yeah, I hear ya. I never meant to be concerned about the 'hot batch' as it was intended for external use only in topical remedies. I only wanted the TDS meter for the clear stuff being used internally. I just wasn't sure how you could be so sure in your math calculations in determining the PPM of your CS batches?

I'm using a 1/2 gallon Atlas 'rig'.....and I would think depending on the jar size, the calc equation may differ?

I D K....I've probably missed a post of yours on the matter in the past.

Thanks for the help.

....I'm using a 1/2 gallon Atlas 'rig'.....and I would think depending on the jar size, the calc equation may differ?

I D K....I've probably missed a post of yours on the matter in the past.

Thanks for the help.
    Naw, the equation is the same for a thimble full (good luck testing that) to a gallon or more.
    BUT since you are making big batches ( as far as I'm concerned) you will want to do some stirring on ocassion during the process. This will help make sure the batch is distributing the Ag.

Think back to chemistry class, an atom is the smallest COMPLETE size of an element on the Atomic Chart / Periodic Table, and all elemental atoms are not the same size. 2). A molecule is the smallest combination of two or more elements.
    A single atom of Ag is small, smaller than a molecule of Sodium Chloride - NaCl. The size difference, a molecule of NaCl is over twice as big as an Ag atom.
    MOST TDS meters are calibrated to ZERO using NaCl because it is the most plentiful molecule we live with ( can't live w/o it). If you purchase(d) a HM Digital TDS meter the instruction specifically talk to users making EIS/CS/silverwater. These readings WILL NOT be spot on, They are only a good estimate for your finished product when you multiply your reading by 2 & 2.5 AND using distilled water that tested at .000ppms prior to "cooking". If the distilled water DOES NOT test out .000 ppms whatever number you get must be subtracted out before you do the multiplication. If your distilled water tests higher than 4-5 ppms I'd find another supplier. It too easy to get good distilled water nowadays.

IF you want an accurate reading be prepared to shell out THOUSANDS of usds ( small type intended) because it is a very expensive test on complicated, atomic viewing, machinery ( Probably why retail C/S is so expensive, and to make bragging rights on whose is the Best on the Market).

IF you follow proper instructions, use 999 fine or better Ag, use good tested distilled water, add absolutely NOTHING but time, and a little electricity your EIS/CS/silverwater will be as good for you as anything found on the market, AND a hellofalot cheaper.

OBTW: Re-test you batche(s) after 24-48 hours. Sometimes the electrical "excitement" of a fresh batch adds a ppm or two when first completed. And keep out of sunlight as much as possible - degradation of the batch(es).

WAOOR,
    DYODD,
    Gb
    Last edited by Goldbrix; 25th February 2013 at 15:32. Reason: add OBTW
    Gb

Default Liquid Lunch and Short Term Memories

Naw, the equation is the same for a thimble full (good luck testing that) to a gallon or more.
    BUT since you are making big batches ( as far as I'm concerned) you will want to do some stirring on ocassion during the process. This will help make sure the batch is distributing the Ag.

Think back to chemistry class, an atom is the smallest COMPLETE size of an element on the Atomic Chart / Periodic Table, and all elemental atoms are not the same size. 2). A molecule is the smallest combination of two or more elements.
    A single atom of Ag is small, smaller than a molecule of Sodium Chloride - NaCl. The size difference, a molecule of NaCl is over twice as big as an Ag atom.
    MOST TDS meters are calibrated to ZERO using NaCl because it is the most plentiful molecule we live with ( can't live w/o it). If you purchase(d) a HM Digital TDS meter the instruction specifically talk to users making EIS/CS/silverwater. These readings WILL NOT be spot on, They are only a good estimate for your finished product when you multiply your reading by 2 & 2.5 AND using distilled water that tested at .000ppms prior to "cooking". If the distilled water DOES NOT test out .000 ppms whatever number you get must be subtracted out before you do the multiplication. If your distilled water tests higher than 4-5 ppms I'd find another supplier. It too easy to get good distilled water nowadays.

IF you want an accurate reading be prepared to shell out THOUSANDS of usds ( small type intended) because it is a very expensive test on complicated, atomic viewing, machinery ( Probably why retail C/S is so expensive, and to make bragging rights on whose is the Best on the Market).

IF you follow proper instructions, use 999 fine or better Ag, use good tested distilled water, add absolutely NOTHING but time, and a little electricity your EIS/CS/silverwater will be as good for you as anything found on the market, AND a hellofalot cheaper.

OBTW: Re-test you batche(s) after 24-48 hours. Sometimes the electrical "excitement" of a fresh batch adds a ppm or two when first completed. And keep out of sunlight as much as possible - degradation of the batch(es).

WAOOR,
    DYODD,
    Gb
    Hahaha....

I can't really say I remember my school days. I could never seem to locate any of my classes after lunch hour.

But thanks for the instructions and info Goldbrix. It will come in handy. I've been gifting alot of CS batches to others...and it's a great way to get some mileage out of the empty glass bottles of rum.

Cheers...and Happy Brewing!