Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Absolutely no constitutional authority behind a federal confiscation of PMs. - Page 2

View Poll Results: Is the United States of America closer to a democratic republic or a fascist state?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • democratic republic

    0 0%
  • fascist state

    11 100.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Absolutely no constitutional authority behind a federal confiscation of PMs.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Obviously we have different definitions of legitimate.
    The Soviet Communist government under Stalin meets your criteria billmr.


    That is why the oath to uphold our Constitution is the first and most important act of all public officials in America.


    I believe that you have possibly been mis-educated about pre 1913 United States history.
    One of us has.

    Now you should contribute your vote to this thread's poll.


    Yes the Soviet govt under Stalin and many more were legitimate Governments until they were not. you do not have to like or even agree with them, but the fact remains.

    as far as the US Constitution, I might agree with that, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest that public officials in America today would.

    I would put the turning point at 1859 when dishonorable officials were set free from consequences, do we even have to wonder why they are all such spineless pussies today ?


    p.s. your definition does not support either of our arguments.

    for example, would George III have agreed that our govt was legitimate ? if not when and how did it become so ?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    I have also questioned Abe Lincoln's presidency. If the Tenth Amendment meant anything, then just as a majority vote of the citizens of a state could decide to become a state, then the reverse would have to be valid. But ol' Abe wouldn't abide by anyone eroding his power base. He couldn't tolerate being president of a country of fewer states. The federal government has been in violation of its own Constitution since at least that time.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zionot, Squashkenazi
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    Yes the Soviet govt under Stalin and many more were legitimate Governments until they were not. you do not have to like or even agree with them, but the fact remains.

    as far as the US Constitution, I might agree with that, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest that public officials in America today would.

    I would put the turning point at 1859 when dishonorable officials were set free from consequences, do we even have to wonder why they are all such spineless pussies today ?


    p.s. your definition does not support either of our arguments.

    for example, would George III have agreed that our govt was legitimate ? if not when and how did it become so ?
    I see your point.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
    The state of being legitimate is a variable.
    Wild concept, but I do grok it.

    Have a good weekend billmr.
    And do vote.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Just vote Libertarian.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zionot, Squashkenazi
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    I have also questioned Abe Lincoln's presidency. If the Tenth Amendment meant anything, then just as a majority vote of the citizens of a state could decide to become a state, then the reverse would have to be valid. But ol' Abe wouldn't abide by anyone eroding his power base. He couldn't tolerate being president of a country of fewer states. The federal government has been in violation of its own Constitution since at least that time.
    Another excellent point!
    You introduced a concept that I really hadn't considered before probably due to my public school training, the legality of state secession.
    I really must investigate this (pre "civil" war) part of our history a lot more.
    Thanks guys.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Wow....This is a awesome post. I think i will post a post for people that may have missed this to come back and read it. Thanks silverheartbone.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Another excellent point!
    You introduced a concept that I really hadn't considered before probably due to my public school training, the legality of state secession.
    I really must investigate this (pre "civil" war) part of our history a lot more.
    Thanks guys.
    From what I understand the only way for a state to seccede is to split and create another state also bound to the "union"

    I wonder if it is not so far fetched to believe that there may eventually be 57 states, we can have the states of guam, puerto rico, then we can talk about splitting the states of washington, california, new york, arizona, and michigan.

    See that wasn't so hard was it ?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Just vote Libertarian.
    I did..........Gary Johnson. Too bad not much more than 1% of the citizenry did the same.

    On topic.........I was thinking that any government that can imprison or kill a citizen without a conviction at trial is a "legitimate" threat. A little different than a legitimate government though.
    Got to love NDAA.
    Which QE are we on now anyway?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post

    Have a good weekend billmr.
    And do vote.
    I must be missing something, when I think of a democratic republic I think of a country with a communist form of govt.

    Fascist is a term that can mean many things to many people, if you go back to the original latin definition you could argue that maybe, but not in a modern context.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zionot, Squashkenazi
    Posts
    11,572

    Thumbs up You've caught two big semantic mistakes whcih I made in this thread. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    I must be missing something, when I think of a democratic republic I think of a country with a communist form of govt.
    Again I you make an excellent point billmr.
    I mistakenly used the term "democratic republic" in the poll, then interchanged it with "constitutional republic" in post #2.
    A common mistake that I hope not to make again.
    I actually meant and should have phrased the poll question with "constitutional republic".

    Fascist is a term that can mean many things to many people, if you go back to the original latin definition you could argue that maybe, but not in a modern context.
    I've seen the modern definition of fascism set to be equivalent to the blending of corporate and governmental power, such as the situation here with the Federal Reserve corporation running everything.

    If you look at the definition of Italian fascism from the 1920s and 30s it is close, but the conglomerates were not as big and powerful then.

    I'll change that last sentence of the first post to the proper language needed to express the question, but I am not able to change the text of the poll.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •