Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Absolutely no constitutional authority behind a federal confiscation of PMs.

View Poll Results: Is the United States of America closer to a democratic republic or a fascist state?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • democratic republic

0 0%
  • fascist state

11 100.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely no constitutional authority behind a federal confiscation of PMs.

Default Absolutely no constitutional authority behind a federal confiscation of PMs.

The current federal government is controlled by men, not laws.

A lawless republican government is illegitimate, and it has no moral authority.

They have as much constitutional right to confiscate your silver and gold as they have to kill you.

They have as much constitutional right to criminalize the possession of gold, as they have to criminalize the possession of hemp or soybeans.

Now honestly, please tell me, are we a nation of laws or a nation of cowards?

Are we a constitutional republic or are we a fascist state?
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 10th November 2012 at 00:38. Reason: I changed the word democratic to constitutional in the final question.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I am assuming that any respondents will know the meaning of "constitutional republic" and "fascist state".

To give some context...

The authority behind the government of a "constitutional republic" rests in the relationships defined by the people's constitution.

The authority behind the government of a "fascist state" rests in the relationships defined by the executive's orders.

Now don't be shy, our children are counting on us.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    They have as much constitutional right to confiscate your silver and gold as they have to kill you.
    They have as much constitutional right to criminalize the possession of gold, as they have to criminalize the possession of hemp or soybeans.
    Are we a democratic republic or are we a fascist state?
    Somehow, I doubt that the three coins in your sock drawer would be a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    Cowards it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post

Matthew Shelley will never get my three coins. Certainly not while he is flopping arround on the floor like a fish.

Since when has Constitutionality of laws and decrees mattered? The government felt a Constitutional amendment was necessary to prohibit the sale of alcohol (and then again later, to remove the prohibition). But Tricky Dicky Nixon (a lawyer no less) didn't see a need to bother with amendments. He just decreed a war on drugs and set up shop with a DEA. Republicans have thumped their chests all along, ranting on about how they believe in supporting and defending the US Constitution. But their rhetoric has been hollow...

Hell yeah, they will simply confiscate any damned thing they want. Including YOU. The Patriot Act gives them the "right" to violate our Constitutional rights and haul us off to jail for life, without any need of even giving a reason let alone proving us guilty of any crimes.

But if you insist that they find you guilty of something, they will be only too happy to plant some evidence and then find you guilty.

Last edited by Xizang; 9th November 2012 at 11:52.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Since when has Constitutionality of laws and decrees mattered? The government felt a Constitutional amendment was necessary to prohibit the sale of alcohol (and then again later, to remove the prohibition). But Tricky Dicky Nixon (a lawyer no less) didn't see a need to bother with amendments. He just decreed a war on drugs and set up shop with a DEA. Republicans have thumped their chests all along, ranting on about how they believe in supporting and defending the US Constitution. But their rhetoric has been hollow...

Hell yeah, they will simply confiscate any damned thing they want. Including YOU. The Patriot Act gives them the "right" to violate our Constitutional rights and haul us off to jail for life, without any need of even giving a reason let alone proving us guilty of any crimes.

But if you insist that they find you guilty of something, they will be only too happy to plant some evidence and then find you guilty.
    Just to be clear here for everyone, decrees (AKA the E.O.s) are not covered in the U.S. Constitution as far as I know.

The federal drug war against Americans was started when Tricky was a young man.
    It was simply targeted towards the blacks and browns, therefore no big deal.
    Tricky escalated it by stepping up the federal enforcement against everyone.

Ol'Tricky's 100th is exactly two months from today.
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 9th November 2012 at 13:13.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post

Are we a democratic republic or are we a fascist state?

A government is legitimate if they have the power to tax your labor, criminalize the possession of gold or hemp, or to end your life.

government is like fire, it can be useful, but if not properly controlled it will burn and destroy everything it touches.

I am not certain a government can be "properly controlled" as I have seen no evidence of this, but someday there may be a first time.

Thumbs up Ah! A fellow philosopher.

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    A government is legitimate if they have the power to tax your labor, criminalize the possession of gold or hemp, or to end your life.
    Obviously we have different definitions of legitimate.
    The Soviet Communist government under Stalin meets your criteria billmr.

government is like fire, it can be useful, but if not properly controlled it will burn and destroy everything it touches.
    That is why the oath to uphold our Constitution is the first and most important act of all public officials in America.

I am not certain a government can be "properly controlled" as I have seen no evidence of this, but someday there may be a first time.
    I believe that you have possibly been mis-educated about pre 1913 United States history.
    One of us has.

Now you should contribute your vote to this thread's poll.

Default I'm in agreement with Merriam-Webster. I really don't see much wiggle room there.

1 le•git•i•mate \li-"ji-te-met\ adj 1 : lawfully begotten 2 : genuine 3 : lawful 4 : conforming to recognized principles or accepted rules or standards — le•git•i•ma•cy \-me-se\ n — le•git•i•mate•ly adv

I will be interested to read your definition billmr,
    because I think that if you truly believe that the current federal government is legitimate,
    then your kind hates America and wishes to acquiesce with evil.

What is my logic error?

They don't even allow us to count our own votes anymore.
    Truly illegitimate and devolving into a totally fascist federal tyranny.
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 9th November 2012 at 14:11.