Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Silver and Margin Requirements Redux - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silver and Margin Requirements Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Taking the data from your own post in December 2008, the registered inventory at that time was just under 81m oz; over double what it is today. The monetary base was $800bn, now it is over $3 trillion. So, in macro terms there is now about three times the potential liquidity chasing ANY asset, never mind one which has halved in supply and is seen as a hedge against money printing. Interest rates were much higher. Another difference is the perceptions of investors. In 2008 institutional portfolios had no allocation to precious metals. Now they are starting to buy. Central banks were sellers of gold, now they are buyers. Individuals are starting to buy. Asians, particularly Chinese, are joining Indians as significant buyers and the Chinese Government is officially encouraging individuals to buy metals. In 2008 it was prohibited. In 2008 the Enforcement Division investigation into silver began. It is ongoing after four years. The price has also risen, but IMHO not nearly enough to reflect these fundamentals. The issue is not whether the shorts can get together enough silver to make a big December delivery. But what next? And is the game up?

I think the shorts being able to make December deliveries, is a major factor in our future, if they can't, then we are close to the game being up.

If they can and the COMEX Registered inventory is not depleted down to next to nothing, then I don't know if it will make much difference at all.

However we may see Silver take a spike "if" the large investors smell blood.

The only people that have the slightest clue as to what's really going on are those in that closed circle that "know" how much Silver is really in those warehouses that is available and not on record for public view. Plus they know how much is in the Silver pipeline coming out of the mints and refineries.

Of course if all that knowledge was public record there wouldn't be a speculative market, as everyone would know if the market was in trouble or not. That's what keeps things going, it's a speculative market, will it go up or down???
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Default Timing

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    I think the shorts being able to make December deliveries, is a major factor in our future, if they can't, then we are close to the game being up.

If they can and the COMEX Registered inventory is not depleted down to next to nothing, then I don't know if it will make much difference at all.

However we may see Silver take a spike "if" the large investors smell blood.

The only people that have the slightest clue as to what's really going on are those in that closed circle that "know" how much Silver is really in those warehouses that is available and not on record for public view. Plus they know how much is in the Silver pipeline coming out of the mints and refineries.

Of course if all that knowledge was public record there wouldn't be a speculative market, as everyone would know if the market was in trouble or not. That's what keeps things going, it's a speculative market, will it go up or down???
    Good points Val. I don't have a good feel for the timing. But directionally silver is a winner on a medium term view. So I just hold and buy on weakness. Don't know what other people are doing. Just know they can't have my silver. The more that is taken off the table in this way, the harder it will be to cover. The market always wins in the end.