Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Will Silver Shine Brighter Than Gold?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Silver Shine Brighter Than Gold?

Post Will Silver Shine Brighter Than Gold?

Snippet:
    Mining executives met this week in a MINExpo convention in Las Vegas and the talk was mostly bullish. They heard Newmont CEO Richard O’Brien say that gold is presently trading more like a currency than a commodity. O'Brien told the audience that investment is the largest growing component of the gold market, currently comprising about 40% of demand. As more currencies weaken, such as the U.S. dollar and the Euro, O'Brien suggests the current bull market for gold will continue well into the future.

Author(s):
    Przemyslaw Radomski

Mining executives met this week in a MINExpo convention in Las Vegas and the talk was mostly bullish. They heard Newmont CEO Richard O’Brien say that gold is presently trading more like a currency than a commodity. O'Brien told the audience that investment is the largest growing component of the gold market, currently comprising about 40% of demand. As more currencies weaken, such as the U.S.

Tuesday, October 2nd

read more

More...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeek.com View Post
    Snippet:
    Mining executives met this week in a MINExpo convention in Las Vegas and the talk was mostly bullish. They heard Newmont CEO Richard O’Brien say that gold is presently trading more like a currency than a commodity. O'Brien told the audience that investment is the largest growing component of the gold market, currently comprising about 40% of demand. As more currencies weaken, such as the U.S. dollar and the Euro, O'Brien suggests the current bull market for gold will continue well into the future.
    Author(s):
    Przemyslaw Radomski
    Mining executives met this week in a MINExpo convention in Las Vegas and the talk was mostly bullish. They heard Newmont CEO Richard O’Brien say that gold is presently trading more like a currency than a commodity. O'Brien told the audience that investment is the largest growing component of the gold market, currently comprising about 40% of demand. As more currencies weaken, such as the U.S.
    Tuesday, October 2nd
    read more
    More...
    I certainly think that Silver is a much better investment than Gold. I have said it many times before that Silver is an industrial metal with investment and decorative components. And Gold is a worthless yellow metal whose primary uses are filling teeth and making wedding rings. Gold's price is almost entirely due to people's "belief" in it and the day that comes when that fades, it will compete with Lead for ballast.

Cool Being a broker, I actually thought that you would know about worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    Gold is a worthless yellow metal whose primary uses are filling teeth and making wedding rings. Gold's price is almost entirely due to people's "belief" in it and the day that comes when that fades, it will compete with Lead for ballast.
    Don't hold your breath.

It's been the opposite of worthless for each and every day of the past few thousand years... at least.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I started stacking silver first then went to gold heavy then went for both but this summer i changed my outlook and am going for all silver at least 'till I get up to even (by$$) with my gold. I figure I'm covered with the gold so it's time to gamble with the fickle metal.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    It's been the opposite of worthless for each and every day of the past few thousand years... at least.
    So why aren't other things that had prices far higher than their intrinsic value, such as salt, rai, and tulip bulbs, still priced at peoples' "belief" prices? At least.

Exclamation I should find it difficult to believe that you even have to ask me this, but I don't.

So why aren't other things that had prices far higher than their intrinsic value, such as salt, rai, and tulip bulbs, still priced at peoples' "belief" prices? At least.
    Low(ered) demand.

de•mand \di-"mand\ n 1 : an act of demanding; also : something claimed as due or just 2 : the ability and desire to buy goods or services; also : the quantity of goods wanted at a stated price

Even though I knew this answer, I still maintain that I am not a good special educator.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Low(ered) demand.
    de•mand \di-"mand\ n 1 : an act of demanding; also : something claimed as due or just 2 : the ability and desire to buy goods or services; also : the quantity of goods wanted at a stated price
    Even though I knew this answer, I still maintain that I am not a good special educator.
    Gee! So when the intrinsic value of Gold comes to the fore, we will see lower demand?

Not a good educator, but you want to teach our kids in St. Louis?

salt -- renewable; endless supply
    rai (aka rock) -- never ending supply; very local economy
    tulip bulbs -- renewable; perishable; local economy

gold -- rare; used by all nations on the planet

Gee! So when the intrinsic value of Gold comes to the fore, we will see lower demand?
    If after thousands of years gold's intrinsic value hasn't changed, then it has already come to the fore.

Not a good educator, but you want to teach our kids in St. Louis?
    Apparently straightforward and honest answers are not something for you.
    Your educators failed you because the most basic of economic concepts is "supply and demand".

Let me reiterate and clarify it for you, I am not a good 'special' educator.
    I am using 'special' as a substitute for moron.

If after thousands of years gold's intrinsic value hasn't changed, then it has already come to the fore.
    Apparently straightforward and honest answers are not something for you.
    Your educators failed you because the most basic of economic concepts is "supply and demand".
    Let me reiterate and clarify it for you, I am not a good 'special' educator.
    I am using 'special' as a substitute for moron.
    I suspected that you are "special", but I was trying to be polite by not mentioning it.