Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Are you buying? Are you selling? Are you holding? WHY ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you buying? Are you selling? Are you holding? WHY ???

Default Are you buying? Are you selling? Are you holding? WHY ???

Rather than do a poll, let's just discuss what we're planning to do short-term, and maybe WHY...

Me? I'm holding for now. If the price drops back down into the mid-20's or lower, I'm selling the kids and coffepot and loading up. But if the spot prices keep going horizontal, I'm holding and spending my budget on other survival materiel. Prices going up? Watch me get rich!
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

I just picked up 25oz's of canadian maples, cause I didnt have much, and now I will sit back all winter, and save the dirty fiat moollaaah, for when it dips back down below $30.00 and hammer that money into metal! I stacked a ton of walking liberty coins, my fave, and now I have some maples, I feel I am in my happy place, till the price drops, and look out, you and I will sell off our kids, wives, dogs, tree stands, duck blinds,.....wha, got carried away there, never mind the tree stand, and duck blind, but everything else must GO, so I can buy more silver!!

buying when i can and holding untill i cant hang on any longer lol... just like blindman said ive hit my goals for this dip and hoping for another... i just hope that not buying 33+ silver was a mistake and it takes off and never comes back, that is my worst fear at this point because i wanna take alot more with me on this rocketship we are all waiting to ride on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBull82 View Post
    buying when i can and holding untill i cant hang on any longer lol... just like blindman said ive hit my goals for this dip and hoping for another... i just hope that not buying 33+ silver was a mistake and it takes off and never comes back, that is my worst fear at this point because i wanna take alot more with me on this rocketship we are all waiting to ride on!!!

Don't get too nervous waiting for that rocket ship ride to the moon. I've been holding my ticket since the 90's, along with a whole train full of other people riding in economy and tourist class. The only thing left is first class tickets at $33.83. Now and then some passengers get tired of waiting or die and their lower fare tickets become available. You just never know, will more passengers sell than buy tickets or will that mythical rocket ship actually have the power to leave earths orbit one day. Almost a year and a half ago, people were offering us $48 for our tickets. Imagine that, $48 for tickets that only cost $4 to $47 each. People will do anything to get on that rocket ship ride!

The only thing I know for sure, it took the US government far less time to put a man in space and then send him to the moon and back, than it has to launch this damn Silver rocket ship.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Right now, that silver rocket ship is descending once again...
    - Yogi Berra

I bought some silver since it was ~13oz but I didn't really start stacking until last year. So I will continue to stack even at $34, but I will be a bit more reserved than I was at $27.

Expecting the 10oz '13 Perth year of the snake and a couple 1oz odds & ends to come in today

Quote Originally Posted by Krythis View Post
    I bought some silver since it was ~13oz but I didn't really start stacking until last year. So I will continue to stack even at $34, but I will be a bit more reserved than I was at $27.

Expecting the 10oz '13 Perth year of the snake and a couple 1oz odds & ends to come in today
    Nice, post some pics of the perth snake for the rest of us! Would love to see that one! I just picked up a tube of Canadian maples, and think I was foolish, due to the high premiums you pay for 'em, just like the liberty coins, too rich at these prices, but I paid, and coins are being shipped, so I will just have to live with my mistake! Like you, I will be just picking up small lots here and there, waiting for the big purchase when the price drops a bit more.

I just bought a couple 2013 1oz year of the snake,they are $50 each, only 300,000 1oz minted. I'm going to buy for 10 years hopefully and use it to supplement retirement.
    Last edited by dklswh; 24th September 2012 at 19:41.

Hope the image isn't too large, my PC is out of commission until tomorrow so I'm on the wife's netbook.

Here's the '13 snake that came in today next to the '12 dragon I bought a couple wks ago and a Maple cougar for comparison. Disappointed that the airtight on the snake came from Gainesville with what looks like a razor cut across it, but other than that I really like it. Might need to pick up some more of the dragons though.

coins.jpg

I think somebody forgot to fuel up the silver rocket ship. She sputtered and conked out just as she was starting liftoff. Pity.
    - Yogi Berra