Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gary Johnson The Peoples President! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson The Peoples President!

Quote Originally Posted by Krythis View Post
    How does not voting at all help anything?

How has voting helped anything?

Be truthful; when was the last politician who honoured any of his/her's pre election promises? Remember, I said be truthful. All politicians are liars. Why vote for a liar. Are you not just deluding yourself that one day one of them will keep their promises. Ok, perhaps Dr Ron would. But the rest?

The only one I can remember who kept promises was Adolf Hitler. And no, I am not a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    How has voting helped anything?
    Be truthful; when was the last politician who honoured any of his/her's pre election promises? Remember, I said be truthful. All politicians are liars. Why vote for a liar. Are you not just deluding yourself that one day one of them will keep their promises. Ok, perhaps Dr Ron would. But the rest?
    The only one I can remember who kept promises was Adolf Hitler. And no, I am not a Nazi.
    Not voting means that you are not contributing to the process at all. I hold my nose often in a polling booth, but I must at least vote or I am nothing to the results.

If nothing else, vote only for those candidates who, like Dr. Ron Paul, are apparently not liars (he's held the same opinions all these years) and with whom you agree.

Wasting your vote happens only when you vote for someone who is not truly the best candidate. I don't think Romney is worthy of my vote.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johns...e_gary_johnson
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

If you vote for the best man/woman and they don't get elected - well, it's not your fault. You did your best. You're a better citizen than the voter who supports 'the lesser of two evils'.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    If you vote for the best man/woman and they don't get elected - well, it's not your fault. You did your best. You're a better citizen than the voter who supports 'the lesser of two evils'.
    That's true about being "a better citizen", not true about doing "your best".
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 19th September 2012 at 13:45. Reason: changed "doing your best"
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

He's my second choice to Ron Paul, but because I don't believe a write-in campaign will be successful or even display our displeasure with the GOP I will be voting Johnson in November.

Not taking into account those who may prefer Johnson to Paul...

A vote for Obama = a vote for 4 more years of tyranny
    A vote for Romney = a vote for 8 more years of tyranny (GOP wont run a liberty candidate against an incompetent)
    A vote for Johnson or other = Blowback to the GOP for how they treated Paul and a vote for non-Romney.

In a perfect world I could see Johnson winning because Paul is not in it, but after seeing how the GOP broke any rule that got in their way I don't see it happening. Not to mention the RNC and DNC shenanigans with scripted vote results caught on camera.
    Do you think Ron Paul is going to write in a vote? I don't. You are given a choice of the red pill or the blue pill, the yellow pill (write in vote) is a placebo that allows you to believe you didn't vote for one of your two only choices when if fact you did.
    If you admire Ron Paul you should listen closer to what he's said. He knew he had no chance of being president, that wasn't his goal.

A vote for Johnson or other = Blowback to the GOP for how they treated Paul and a vote for non-Romney.
    Nose to face- WTF, think this through!

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    That's true about being "a better citizen", not true about doing "your best".
    Not voting is utter capitulation to the whims of all the other people who actually bother to vote. If leaving mom's basement is a problem, you can have an absentee ballot sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    If you do not vote, then your opinion on political matters means nothing. I don't care who you vote for, but you must vote to express your opinion in a meaningful matter.
    Not voting means that you are not contributing to the process at all. I hold my nose often in a polling booth, but I must at least vote or I am nothing to the results.
    Not voting is utter capitulation to the whims of all the other people who actually bother to vote. If leaving mom's basement is a problem, you can have an absentee ballot sent to you.
    Shellster, Is there a playbook or some kind of program where you just "find" these thoughts?
    Is "not voting" sort of like not playing with "paper products" in your world? You know, sacrilege.

So you are saying any vote besides Obamney will mean the voter does not care about our republic, is a moron, and should stay home?
    YUP....
    a vote for 3rd party in THIS election, is exactly the same thing as staying home.

Obamney...?
    At least Romney is not a Marxist Commie.
    Obama is a REPEATIDLY self expressed "redistrubution" Marxist!
    - God's Walky Talky

"L A N . . A S T A S L E M"
    I will NOT submit to islam!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Uncle Joe said " He who votes decides nothing; He who counts the votes decides everything".

Those Jesuits sure did a good job with your programming.