Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how many regulars will leave here because of duneyman?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many regulars will leave here because of duneyman?

Default how many regulars will leave here because of duneyman?

i am not doughting duneymans knowledge,but i feel he will be forcing alot of regulars of this forum

I don'tr think there are many 'regulars' here to begin with if you're talking about thinkers.

Not the ones who have the sense to not pay any attention to him. He seems like a fairly bright guy, but he seems to "overthink' most of the time.

Reading his posts is like being a sparrow...........you have to pick through a lot of horseshit to find a few seeds.

You find guys like that in academia.

kinda resembles the plague

duneyman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harley1 View Post
    i am not doughting duneymans knowledge,but i feel he will be forcing alot of regulars of this forum

Only those who can't deal with intelligent and honest discussion and an occasional disagreement.

Who? What?

Gads, I've actually made a comment on a useless topic. Let anyone post what they want... I can scroll as I blink by such threads.
    Silver: Atomic number 47; chemical symbol Ag. Derived from the latin word Argentum, which means "white and shining".

"When you got metal, all the world is a movie" Argentum, 3/09

I think we are getting to him. He has most recently been resorting to that classic approach of pointing out typos and grammatical errors in an attempt to make himself seem superior without any actual knowledge on a topic. This is the typical thought process of a confronted academic (I should know I am one) and so I have dealt with this for years. We call it MITitis which occurs common sense is overridden by book knowledge and rhetoric. Be patient with him if you post enough statistic and reference quotes he'll eventually come around to your point of view.

duneyman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Katwoman View Post
    I think we are getting to him. He has most recently been resorting to that classic approach of pointing out typos and grammatical errors in an attempt to make himself seem superior without any actual knowledge on a topic. This is the typical thought process of a confronted academic (I should know I am one) and so I have dealt with this for years. We call it MITitis which occurs common sense is overridden by book knowledge and rhetoric. Be patient with him if you post enough statistic and reference quotes he'll eventually come around to your point of view.

As an academic you should be open to all points of view. I am glad I live in the regular world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by duneyman View Post
    As an academic you should be open to all points of view. I am glad I live in the regular world out there.
    I am not a fool and so I am not open to all points of view because not all points of view are supported by sound evidence. I will review any point you make that is backed up by historical fact or empirical evidence. I am trying to respectfully disagree with you and expose you to historical facts and empirical evidence that you may not be aware of.

Whats a duneyman? ... isn't that somebody on my ignore list? yeah probably I forget now... oh yeah the gy who won't aknowledge thought out answers or respond to questions himself.. I remember now.. seem like just the day before yesterday... well anyway I remember now... might have to remind me in a few days I got Mad Cow...

Denny Crane
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away