Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Government confication of gold/silver
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Government confication of gold/silver

Default Government confication of gold/silver

So you all have heard of the old boy who died recently leaving his family some rare double stamped gold coins that were worth about 80 million.

When the government found out about the gold, it was conifscated.
    I was wondering how they could legally do that when it was reported on Fox News that the government used the law (still on the books, signed into law by Truman) that requires all Americans to turn in all their gold and silver.

Ok Obama now knows he can conifscated silver and gold, are we in danger?
    Don't buy or sell silver to these people:
    Barack Obama - He will give your silver to others who refuse to buy their own.
    Nancy Pelosi - You must pay first to find out how much silver content the coins will have.
    Harry Reid - He will overcharge you to support the cowboy poets.
    Dick Durbin - He's just too busy kissing Obama's backside.
    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz - She'll insist it's gold until your head explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by eyoung View Post
    So you all have heard of the old boy who died recently leaving his family some rare double stamped gold coins that were worth about 80 million.

When the government found out about the gold, it was conifscated.
    I was wondering how they could legally do that when it was reported on Fox News that the government used the law (still on the books, signed into law by Truman) that requires all Americans to turn in all their gold and silver.

Ok Obama now knows he can conifscated silver and gold, are we in danger?
    If by "Obama" you mean a pseudonym or acronym for bankster families, then yes.
    If by "Obama" you mean the media name for Barry Soetoro, then no.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    If by "Obama" you mean a pseudonym or acronym for bankster families, then yes.
    If by "Obama" you mean the media name for Barry Soetoro, then no.
    I mean Obama, the so-called President of the United States who wants to pass our wealth to the poor (what I mean by 'poor' is other countries...however I do assume some of the money will end up in Indonesia).
    Last edited by eyoung; 12th September 2012 at 12:41.
    Nancy Pelosi - You must pay first to find out how much silver content the coins will have.

Quote Originally Posted by eyoung View Post
    I mean Obama, the so-called President of the United States who wants to pass our wealth to the poor (what I mean by 'poor' is other countries...however I do assume some of the money will end up in Indonesia).
    You must think outside of the box.
    There are forces much more powerful than the "Barack Obama".
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    You must think outside of the box.
    There are forces much more powerful than the "Barack Obama".
    Maybe so, but he's the idoit that keeps me up at night wondering what my country is going to look like in the morning.

I hadn't heard this story before reading this post, but it appears that the Government did not simply confiscate the gold but that it had the gold in it's possession because the family gave it to them to confirm they were genuine. The government just refused to release them back to the family which led to the lawsuit that the family lost because they were able to provide 80 y/o documents proving that there was no way the coins could have been obtained legally. I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of statute of limitations, but from what I read here it appears the government was well within it's rights to demand the coins back.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/12813-judge-govt-can-keep-10-confiscated-double-eagles-worth-$80-million

Y'all just keep voting Democrat and Republican, but don't come around crying the blues how the government's confiscating your guns, ammo, gold, silver, real estate and anything else they please.

As for me, I'm voting straight Libertarian from now on - until I move to Panama.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

The government just refused to release them back to the family which led to the lawsuit that the family lost because they were able to provide 80 y/o documents proving that there was no way the coins could have been obtained legally.
    Yeah, this is what I've heard. Originally obtained illegally. Kinda dumb of them to give them to the govt. IN ANY CASE. I would never. There are plenty of experts, and ways to sell them w/o creating a flap......

Quote Originally Posted by Krythis View Post
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/12813-judge-govt-can-keep-10-confiscated-double-eagles-worth-$80-million

In its story about the trial, CNS reprised a little of the history behind Franklin Delano Rooseveltís tyrannical gold confiscation:

Americans returned their gold en masse...

Ah, yes.
    Another ill-informed, too-lazy-to-research-anything "journalist".

There was no "en masse" return or confiscation of gold -- ever.

So easy to fool the tin foilists.

And who has valued them at $8 million per?
    If the gov't will never release or auction them then they are worth exactly zero...or ~$1,650 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Krythis View Post
    I hadn't heard this story before reading this post, but it appears that the Government did not simply confiscate the gold but that it had the gold in it's possession because the family gave it to them to confirm they were genuine. The government just refused to release them back to the family which led to the lawsuit that the family lost because they were able to provide 80 y/o documents proving that there was no way the coins could have been obtained legally. I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of statute of limitations, but from what I read here it appears the government was well within it's rights to demand the coins back.

So we don't have to worry about out silver/gold being taken from us. yea.