Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2012 silver eagle proof set w reverse proof
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 silver eagle proof set w reverse proof

Default 2012 silver eagle proof set w reverse proof

I am really interested in reverse proofs all of a sudden. I am looking at the 2012 proof set but they are $150. I can't find any reverse proofs for less than $180-500 by themselves (obviously graded) but I ain't dropping $500 on a silver eagle reverse or not unless its the 1995- w. Do anyone have any tips to pick up a reverse proof on the cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
    ) but I ain't dropping $500 on a silver eagle reverse or not unless its the 1995- w.
    That'll never happen, if you see one listed let me know.

This might be outta your price range, but a very cool set nonetheless. It includes the 'S' mint marked as well. If you ask me I would buy it just for that and you get the reserve proof 'P' too.

http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/Buy_S...t_Original_Box

I believe 2006 20th anniversary set has a reverse proof as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
    I am really interested in reverse proofs all of a sudden. I am looking at the 2012 proof set but they are $150. I can't find any reverse proofs for less than $180-500 by themselves (obviously graded) but I ain't dropping $500 on a silver eagle reverse or not unless its the 1995- w. Do anyone have any tips to pick up a reverse proof on the cheap?
    why would you spend $500 on a 1995- w ?

I understand if you are wealthy and just want one, but if silver spikes to $100 do you think that that you 1995- w thing will sell for $800 ?

if you purchased a roll of eagles recently for 500$ and silver spikes to 100, how much will that roll be worth ?

I could be wrong ?

The 1995- w that came in the gold coin anniversary set is a $15000 coin if you get it pr70 graded from pcgs.
    Otherwise it sells for 3-7 k on eBay. If you got one I will gladly buy it for $500 today. I will even fly out.to you and pick it up.

BTW imo the roll of silver eagles would Prolly be worth more.

it's not always about the most return. sometimes it's nice to just collect coins for what they are. i do both, don't have all my money in just spot+ bullion. also if you buy from the mint the main profit on special issues is in the first year or two. that's why if I'm going to get an issue i get 2. one for profit and one for the collector in me.

Quote Originally Posted by broox419 View Post
    That'll never happen, if you see one listed let me know.

This might be outta your price range, but a very cool set nonetheless. It includes the 'S' mint marked as well. If you ask me I would buy it just for that and you get the reserve proof 'P' too.

I believe 2006 20th anniversary set has a reverse proof as well.

I have one of those 25th anniversary sets, and I bought it mostly for the reverse proof that comes in the set. 'IT IS INCREDABLY BEAUTIFUL' ... But at the same time, the whole set with boxes, sleeve and COA is really beautiful too! The U.S. mint really went to great lengths to make this set a collector’s item worth getting! IMHO
    I really lucked out too, I got mine for less than golden eagle is selling theirs for. No shipping fees either, I got it at one of my LCS's who had five sets and wanted to get rid of them.
    I actually bought two sets and sold one to a good friend of mine at my cost. I kinda wish I still had both!
    And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
    Psalm 12:6

Found that 1995-w proof you were looking...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-W-10th-...ht_2378wt_1265

What a bitchin set!!

So this guy on ebay wants 7k for his 1995-w silver eagle, and he will just throw in the gold eagles

wow

you just never know what will be worth extra money, I have some us coins which have low mintage (under 10k) but they do not sell for much over spot.

on the other hand, I wonder about the future collectors will pay for
    This
    (assuming there are any future collectors of course)

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    So this guy on ebay wants 7k for his 1995-w silver eagle, and he will just throw in the gold eagles

wow

you just never know what will be worth extra money, I have some us coins which have low mintage (under 10k) but they do not sell for much over spot.

on the other hand, I wonder about the future collectors will pay for
    This
    (assuming there are any future collectors of course)
    Too cool man. I've gotta thing for Mexican coins. Was checkin out the 1968 olympic coin and some libertads too. Buyin' em up little by little.

Yeah, the reverse proofs are awesome!. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 20th anniversary Rev Proof was the 1st ever, and the 25th anniversary was 2nd, with no others since then. The '006 one in 69 is $285, 3/4 the value of the set......I'm looking to sell my PCGS PR69 20th anniv. set, BTW.