Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What happened to $27 silver??
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to $27 silver??

Default What happened to $27 silver??

Looking at Silver last night, I thought it "might" close in the $27 range today. So it went right through it and closed at $26.88.

People keep talking about buying the dips, well the dealers can't find enough of you, as they are offering sales on these low prices.

Someone on the forum theorized that the dealers would raise the premiums right through the roof if Silver ever dipped as low as $25.

Not only are they not raising premiums, but offering sales to increase their volume at these prices.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Its goin downnnnn.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by duneyman jr View Post
    Its goin downnnnn.
    If you hadn't noticed, everything was going down during the day. Today, Moodys downgraded over 15 banks which included JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America among the many. The markets were pricing this in as they waited on the news.

Not to be unexpected by this insane, HFT-algo-driven, FED-manipulated market, silver & gold went along for the ride. And guess what? It found support, again, within the 26 handle for the 4rth time. Keep on wishing for your $20. You'll never see it!
    All original wealth comes out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Moose View Post
    If you hadn't noticed, everything was going down during the day. Today, Moodys downgraded over 15 banks which included JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America among the many. The markets were pricing this in as they waited on the news.

Not to be unexpected by this insane, HFT-algo-driven, FED-manipulated market, silver & gold went along for the ride. And guess what? It found support, again, within the 26 handle for the 4rth time. Keep on wishing for your $20. You'll never see it!
    Well whatever happends we all know in 10 years, we will be sitting nice. Sometimes we gotta expect the unexpected.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    Looking at Silver last night, I thought it "might" close in the $27 range today. So it went right through it and closed at $26.88.

People keep talking about buying the dips, well the dealers can't find enough of you, as they are offering sales on these low prices.

Someone on the forum theorized that the dealers would raise the premiums right through the roof if Silver ever dipped as low as $25.

Not only are they not raising premiums, but offering sales to increase their volume at these prices.
    Why does this matter to you or why should it matter to anyone? Do you think retail investors in the USA or anywhere else have any effect on paper prices or will ever be the cause of shortages? They are only reactionary and pile into or out of the physical market, afterwards. At best, they only aggravate or accentuate the effects aready taking place.

The big players are dictating prices through the Comex and physical is being vacuumed up like never before out of the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) -- never to return for re-leasing or re-hypothecation -- for firesale prices while supplies last. The Comex tail is wagging the LBMA dog. Everything that happens outside of this is incidental, i.e., the retail markets.

As you can see below, retail investors/sheeple are still in there buying, but not as they once were, hence the cheap premiums despite the cheaper, underlying, spot price.
    I see this decline in sales as bullish. Although, many poorer retail investors may have even less income now which has added to the decline. Also, as economies deteriorate -- whether real or perceived through the mass media -- sheeple will horde dollars just like they're trained to do, instead of doing what should be the opposite like buying even more PMs. And remember, it's the millions of 'hundred-thousandaires' who are the real dumb ones who still eat the bullsh!t fed to them by the MSM outlets like CNBC.

American Silver Eagles:
    2011, Jan-May sales = 18,901,500 oz
    2012, Jan-May sales = 14,534,000 oz

thus, declines in 2012 = 4.4 million oz or 23% yoy (year over year)

Gold Eagles have declined 43% yoy in the same comparative time frame.

Canadian Silver Maples:
    2011, Jan-May sales = 5,300,000 oz
    2012, Jan-May sales = 3,900,000 oz

thus, declines in 2012 = 1,400,000 oz or 26% yoy

Gold Maple Leafs have declined 46% yoy in the same comparative time frame.

Moral of the story: Don't do what the sheep do, do what the wolves do. I'm buying, how about you? Cheap premiums are a bonus!
    Last edited by Mighty Moose; 21st June 2012 at 20:17.
    All original wealth comes out of the ground.

If the dealers are selling at such low prices right now, what price did they pay for the actual coins and bullion we're buying? They can't be breaking even. What a tough business that must be!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Moose View Post
    Why does this matter to you or why should it matter to anyone? Do you think retail investors in the USA or anywhere else have any effect on paper prices or will ever be the cause of shortages? They are only reactionary and pile into or out of the physical market, afterwards. At best, they only aggravate or accentuate the effects aready taking place.

The big players are dictating prices through the Comex and physical is being vacuumed up like never before out of the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) -- never to return for re-leasing or re-hypothecation -- for firesale prices while supplies last. The Comex tail is wagging the LBMA dog. Everything that happens outside of this is incidental, i.e., the retail markets.

As you can see below, retail investors/sheeple are still in there buying, but not as they once were, hence the cheap premiums despite the cheaper, underlying, spot price.
    I see this decline in sales as bullish. Although, many poorer retail investors may have even less income now which has added to the decline. Also, as economies deteriorate -- whether real or perceived through the mass media -- sheeple will horde dollars just like they're trained to do, instead of doing what should be the opposite like buying even more PMs. And remember, it's the millions of 'hundred-thousandaires' who are the real dumb ones who still eat the bullsh!t fed to them by the MSM outlets like CNBC.

American Silver Eagles:

Canadian Silver Maples:

Moral of the story: Don't do what the sheep do, do what the wolves do. I'm buying, how about you? Cheap premiums are a bonus!

It doesn't really matter to me, just pointing out that not only are the prices down, but the premiums as well. Making Silver an even more attractive product right now, unless you think they are going down even more and are holding out for a better deal. I never really understood the mindset that drives people to buy into a rising market and ignore the market when it's down.

It's one thing to stand on the sidelines when the market is taking an a$$ kicking like it did from $48, but when it's fluttering around in a range and the price is slowly dropping. That's a good time to take advantage, as we know it can turn around in a hurry.

As far as my buying and selling, I only want to sell some Silver when the price is right and swap Silver for Gold if the GSR falls below 30 to 1. Although single digit Silver prices would be awfully tempting to jump back into a buying mode, especially if it fell all the way down to the $5 - $7 range, but it would still depend on the circumstances and what drove Silver's price that low.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

With all the maniipulation and people bein broke, price goin down. People are waiting for there magic number before they jump back in. I would imagine tax time people would be jumping in. People on here dont believe that but the lil buyers def spark interest in the physical market that does drive both paper and physical.

"American Silver Eagles:
    Canadian Silver Maples:
    Moral of the story: Don't do what the sheep do, do what the wolves do. I'm buying, how about you? Cheap premiums are a bonus!"

Moose,

I like the low prices down here, but there is a caveat. I understand this may be a difficult concept in the markets to understand, but when sales of a product fall, prices tend to fall. Or vice versa.

Holding up lower sales numbers as a reason to be bullish is not a logical trading idea.

I'm sure the "I'm new what do I do" question is asked all the time...so here's another I've been buying silver slowly since '07-'08. Recently I've had more fiat at my disposal and have stepped up my purchases. Now I have a couple friends that want to go in on an order so I feel more obligated to find the best price. I'm just buying the cheapest rounds I can find from Gainesville where I've purchased several times before with positive experiences. I do like my local shop, but he doesn't sell at a loss so I often leave empty handed...anyhow. I've been watching the market lately and am getting ready to buy more rounds and maybe a roll of SAE. For those of you who are much more familiar with the day-to-day market fluctuations and impacts from Ben's meddling would you suggest buying today or waiting until next week?