Thread: Who besides the military-industrial complex has been benefiting?

Default Who besides the military-industrial complex has been benefiting?

I'm with Ron Paul when it comes to the national debt of western nations, banks and central banks creating paper fiat currency and loaning that to their respective governments with interest, the real value of silver and gold, and that there's a currency bubble that's bursting soon.

What I'm wondering is who all have benefited from the trillions of dollars created and loaned to governments by the bankers? And with approaching inflation due to the flood of fiat currency created, what are the 'rich guys' doing with their wealth - how are they preparing for dollars becoming worthless?

Here's an interesting piece of what's been happening to the common middle class family:

Fed reports how much recession shrank US wealth

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER

The Great Recession shrank Americans' wealth so much that in 2010 median family net worth was no more than it had been in 1992 after adjusting for inflation, the Federal Reserve reported Monday.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-06/D9VB5MSG0.htm

-----------------------
    Are we the only ones who realize the wisdom of converting our savings to silver and gold?

This one from the LA Times...

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...,3132029.story

See? Your investments in silver really are justified!

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    The Great Recession shrank Americans' wealth so much that in 2010 median family net worth was no more than it had been in 1992 after adjusting for inflation, the Federal Reserve reported Monday.

-----------------------
    Are we the only ones who realize the wisdom of converting our savings to silver and gold?

That sounds about right to me. Since 1992 or any other year, people have been getting cost of living raises to keep up with inflation. So why would the median family net worth be any more today than it was in 1992, after adjusting for inflation? Why pick 1992 versus 1982 or 2002?

From the thousands of shops buying Gold all over the US, I'd say there are more people selling their precious metals than buying. Only time will tell if we are the ones with all the wisdom or those that are dumping their precious metals now.

We all either hope or are convinced Silver is in for a huge gain, but reality has a nasty way of sneaking up and biting hope in the rear and we could see Silver tank back into single digit numbers, with the perfect financial catastrophe. If that were to happen, who's wisdom would be the right path? Buying now or selling now, only history will decide which course of action was the best one. I'm personally hanging onto my Silver, but that doesn't mean I'm on the right track, it just appears that way today.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    That sounds about right to me. Since 1992 or any other year, people have been getting cost of living raises to keep up with inflation.
    LOL!

Seriously?!?!

You might be the ONLY person to believe that!

...the consumer price index over the last 10 years has risen a little over 30%. Median family income, on the other hand, is only up about half that -- 17% or so. In other words, in real terms, which is all that matters (how much "stuff" can you buy) family income has actually declined.

...from 2002-2009 -- during which there was not one quarter where you had less than a 5% annualized loss of purchasing power against your income in real terms, with the arithemetic average close to 10%!

What's worse is that this income "growth" includes purely financial credit (e.g. credit default swap margin) that doesn't directly enter the chain of commerce.

Since 1980 your earnings power, in real terms, when accounting for monetary inflation has been strongly negative.

(all Market Ticker)

Here's a couple of charts, based on math and government numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    LOL!

Seriously?!?!

You might be the ONLY person to believe that!

You missed the point numb nuts. How could the median income be any higher in 2010 than 1992 when you adjust for inflation. Everyone knows inflation is higher than actually reported, so how could the median income rise year after year beyond inflation, assuming you stay on the same job year after year. Now all of a sudden the median income isn't any higher than it was back in 1992, adjusting for inflation, no sh!t.

But if your still flipping burgers at McDonald's, your in a losing battle and have been.

My question to you is, why do you even worry about inflation from the safe haven of your mothers basement?
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!