Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

“Civilized People Don’t By Gold."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Civilized People Don’t By Gold."

Default “Civilized People Don’t By Gold."

"Civilized People Don't Buy Gold (or Silver, my input).”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47298734

Comment from: “Str8 Talk on CNBC Friday 5-4-12

"Gold is money, everything else is credit"- J.P. Morgan 1912 to Congress.

Many don't realize it but GOLD is the Primary Money.

The FED has been devaluing the $USD for almost 100 years and that will never change.

In 1913 terms the $USD is now valued at about 3˘

Those that held $Dollars for 100 years lost 97% of their asset value.

In 1913 Gold was valued at about $19.00 US

Those that held Gold for 100 years gained about 80 times their investment.

While Gold has increased in value vs. the $USD has consistently decreased.

QE2 = $,1600- Gold & $50 Silver

QE3 = $2,000- Gold & $75 Silver

QE4 = $2,500- Gold & $100 Silver

QE5 = $3,000- Gold & $125 Silver

Gold is almost constant while the $USD devalues as does all fiat currencies.

Gold has also beat the S&P and Dow in real value.

Gold is the Primary world money and Silver is secondary.

After due diligence find quality Gold and/or Silver coins and buy on dips.

If there are any dips...

QE3 is now baked in

Quote Originally Posted by gailannr View Post

While Gold has increased in value vs. the $USD has consistently decreased.

QE2 = $,1600- Gold & $50 Silver

QE3 = $2,000- Gold & $75 Silver

QE4 = $2,500- Gold & $100 Silver

QE5 = $3,000- Gold & $125 Silver

QE3 is now baked in

I would buy so much more gold if I could afford it. I LOVE IT & it has performed very well in the last ten years. Right now I have to stick with buying 1/4 oz Gold & Gram Gold even though there is a higher premium, because even the average joe can get it once in a while! =)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I would buy so much more gold if I could afford it. I LOVE IT & it has performed very well in the last ten years. Right now I have to stick with buying 1/4 oz Gold & Gram Gold even though there is a higher premium, because even the average joe can get it once in a while! =)
    Me too. If I was you I wouldn't do grams unless you really want to. For me the tenth oz gold eagle is much more attractive than any gram bar. By percentage you usually pay a lot more for the gram than you would the tenth oz but I know it's also a lot more money too....

The Jew comment doesn't really help Berkshire's cause. What a couple of senile old men wishing they were on board the metals train!
    Last edited by broox419; 5th May 2012 at 23:10. Reason: jew comment

from which planet is qe3 baked in i have never seen in my time here silver at 50$ or any where near heading to 75$????just wondering what i missed..

Please show us the same sort of cherry-picked analysis regarding the prices of corn, aluminum, crude oil, and land.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post

Please show us the same sort of cherry-picked analysis regarding the prices of corn, aluminum, crude oil, and land.
    But isn't that exactly what the kabbal pays you for?
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post

Good luck storing your corn, aluminum, crude oil or land in a safe for 20 years or longer.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as tom1000000 are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved.

Just sharing the link. Didn't say that I agreed or disagreed with it. I thought the title was interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1000000 View Post
    Good luck storing your corn, aluminum, crude oil or land in a safe for 20 years or longer.
    Good luck using your gold for anything other than wedding rings and filling teeth.

Silver is a catalytic and industrial metal. Gold's value is almost entirely based on peoples' "belief" in it's value. If the belief went away, it might become ballast.